SiouxSports.com Forum

UND Webcast

siouxfan512

Hello again, friends.

Had a very productive conference call with NeuLion this morning that went just shy of 30 minutes. A few notable things:

Phone Apps

The iPhone was supposed to be, and should have been, ready for the Manitoba game and, obviously, was not. This was a human error on NeuLion's end for which they have taken full responsibility. It's also an error that has been rectified, and the iPhone app WILL be ready for this weekend's Vermont series.

A reminder, that only our HD events can be viewed through this app. A listing of HD broadcasts for men's hockey can be found here: http://www.undsports.com/SportSelect.dbml?&DB_OEM_ID=13500&SPID=6405&SPSID=58682. A listing of HD broadcasts for women's hockey can be found here: http://www.undsports.com/SportSelect.dbml?&DB_OEM_ID=13500&SPID=6403&SPSID=58671.

Unfortunately the Android app is not quite ready yet, although they will be giving us an update on that in the next couple of days. As of right now, I have no idea whether this app will be ready for the Vermont series. Hopefully we can answer that in the coming days. In the meantime, Android viewers can still watch live broadcasts by utilizing the web browser on their device.

Technical Support

NeuLion implores all users who encounter issues with webcasts to contact Fan Support at fansupport@neulion.com immediately. They prefer you do this during the webcast as opposed to after, so their reps can better assist you and attempt to troubleshoot your problem(s).

They also remind all users to make sure they are using the most recent version of your web browsers and to make sure your Flash software is sufficiently updated. This is basic info for many of you, but it may help some users who are new to the webcasts this year.

Other Issues

NeuLion is looking into the 13 specific help tickets that were submitted on Sunday night to see if there were any common issues that might be able to be addressed. That will include the problem everyone seems to have encountered during the penalty-shot. That issue appeared to be system-wide, and they are looking into it.

One thing that gets thrown around on here a lot is the question of increased traffic. I can assure everyone that increased traffic is not an issue, and is not the cause for any individual issues. NeuLion's clients include the NFL, NBA, NHL, ESPN, UFC and several major collegiate programs such as LSU football. They are more than sufficiently equipped to handle the viewership for our hockey webcasts.

I will relay more information, including an update on the Android app, as we get it.

Jayson

What was neulion's response to the shakiness/jitteryness everyone that posted saw. It wasn't a buffering issue, it was something else. More than one person noted this was also a problem on the TV broadcast, so possibly midco is the problem, not neulion.

Didn't mean to say or imply that matt should have had a fix on the chat ...my bad for poor wording. I would have thought at some point somebody would have tested it to make sure it worked but....in the past build and moce forward

On the tv broadcast I noticed the stuttering and choppyness only during replays...it was subtle and an odd annoyance at most....shouldnt be there but it wasnt terrible.

I have Midco HD with xtream band Internet

When I tested the intwrnet feed it was ok some again subtle choppiness.....was servicable and worth the cost per game.

As A replacement to easy to access and smooth sd gameplay on national broadcast it has a ways to go but of the options and for the price...I will continue to pay. For the weekends im not at home.

I stream alot of sports through other internet connections on the road and through 4G LTE with no problem so traveling this weekend will be more of a test for me..

Seriously through as it pertains to the broadcast webcast podcast padcast ....all of it.

Please relay feedback to get rid of that hoakie cheezy rockabilly pathetic on your feet song and show the national anthem. ..some excellent talent chosen to sing.

We'd like to see it. And willimprove thw broadcast

Mine failed in Minneapolis. Constant buffering, but i amo also awaiting a new modem from xfinity. Been waiting 3 months from that trainwreck of a company

I ended up calling them and received my in less than a week. They had no record of my initial upgrade. New modem works well.

Jayson - I'm a long time listener, first time caller. I'm assuming the iPhone app will also work with the ipad, correct? I tried watching on Sunday (didn't contact the help desk) but it took 5 seconds to watch 1 second of play. Lastly, what is the name of the app that we download to watch the games. Greatly appreciate the assistance.

Jayson - I'm a long time listener, first time caller. I'm assuming the iPhone app will also work with the ipad, correct? I tried watching on Sunday (didn't contact the help desk) but it took 5 seconds to watch 1 second of play. Lastly, what is the name of the app that we download to watch the games. Greatly appreciate the assistance.

You can install any iphone app on an ipad. However, it just gets doubled so I'm not sure what it would do to the quality. I think it would still be pretty good despite any doubling issues.

But what is the app that needs to be downloaded? The und sports app says it does on demand video only. So how does one with an iPad/iPhone view live events? Is there a separate neulion app. Or do you need to have und insider purchased as well as the und sports premium app?

Here is Jayson's post earlier on the same page where it says that the iPhone app is not ready or available yet. Neulion says that it will be ready before the games this weekend. This is the app that will need to be used for live, HD events. They don't have a date yet for when the Android version of the app will be ready.

Hello again, friends.

Had a very productive conference call with NeuLion this morning that went just shy of 30 minutes. A few notable things:

Phone Apps

The iPhone was supposed to be, and should have been, ready for the Manitoba game and, obviously, was not. This was a human error on NeuLion's end for which they have taken full responsibility. It's also an error that has been rectified, and the iPhone app WILL be ready for this weekend's Vermont series.

A reminder, that only our HD events can be viewed through this app. A listing of HD broadcasts for men's hockey can be found here: http://www.undsports...05&SPSID=58682. A listing of HD broadcasts for women's hockey can be found here: http://www.undsports...03&SPSID=58671.

Unfortunately the Android app is not quite ready yet, although they will be giving us an update on that in the next couple of days. As of right now, I have no idea whether this app will be ready for the Vermont series. Hopefully we can answer that in the coming days. In the meantime, Android viewers can still watch live broadcasts by utilizing the web browser on their device.

Technical Support

NeuLion implores all users who encounter issues with webcasts to contact Fan Support at fansupport@neulion.com immediately. They prefer you do this during the webcast as opposed to after, so their reps can better assist you and attempt to troubleshoot your problem(s).

They also remind all users to make sure they are using the most recent version of your web browsers and to make sure your Flash software is sufficiently updated. This is basic info for many of you, but it may help some users who are new to the webcasts this year.

Other Issues

NeuLion is looking into the 13 specific help tickets that were submitted on Sunday night to see if there were any common issues that might be able to be addressed. That will include the problem everyone seems to have encountered during the penalty-shot. That issue appeared to be system-wide, and they are looking into it.

One thing that gets thrown around on here a lot is the question of increased traffic. I can assure everyone that increased traffic is not an issue, and is not the cause for any individual issues. NeuLion's clients include the NFL, NBA, NHL, ESPN, UFC and several major collegiate programs such as LSU football. They are more than sufficiently equipped to handle the viewership for our hockey webcasts.

I will relay more information, including an update on the Android app, as we get it.

Jayson

Here is Jayson's post earlier on the same page where it says that the iPhone app is not ready or available yet. Neulion says that it will be ready before the games this weekend. This is the app that will need to be used for live, HD events. They don't have a date yet for when the Android version of the app will be ready.

I understood his email. And I understand it's not ready today but should be by this weekend. Is it the und insider app with the upgrade that will be used though or is there a separate neulion app? Or is it just the browser issue that is being fixed so games can be streamed directly through und insider to an iPhone/iPad?

I understood his email. And I understand it's not ready today but should be by this weekend. Is it the und insider app with the upgrade that will be used though or is there a separate neulion app?

If there is already an app that does UND Insider stuff, and Jayson says that Neulion is working on an app that does live, HD broadcasts, then it sure looks like 2 different apps. It would seem like a big mistake to take away an app that shows the UND Insider stuff, and that isn't going to be available on the new app that he described.

If there is already an app that does UND Insider stuff, and Jayson says that Neulion is working on an app that does live, HD broadcasts, then it sure looks like 2 different apps. It would seem like a big mistake to take away an app that shows the UND Insider stuff, and that isn't going to be available on the new app that he described.

It is the same app, but the upgrade must be purchased and you must be sure to purchase this year's app. Last year's app will not feature the live video:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/und-sports/id381335872?mt=8

It is the same app, but the upgrade must be purchased and you must be sure to purchase this year's app. Last year's app will not feature the live video:

So the upgrade is $4.99/same upgrade as the video on demand upgrade? Is the und insider subscription also required with this to watch live video on iPhone/iPad?

Jayson, what does that mean to those of us that have already paid for and downloaded the 2013-2014 premium app upgrade? Will the live streaming automatically become a new feature? Will we automatically be prompted to update the app? Will we have to pay again to update the app? Thanks

Jayson, what does that mean to those of us that have already paid for and downloaded the 2013-2014 premium app upgrade? Will the live streaming automatically become a new feature? Will we automatically be prompted to update the app? Will we have to pay again to update the app? Thanks

If you've already purchased the 2013-14 premium upgrade, you won't need to do so again.

So the upgrade is $4.99/same upgrade as the video on demand upgrade? Is the und insider subscription also required with this to watch live video on iPhone/iPad?

Yes, you must have a UND Insider subscription to view live events. You need to upgrade (in-app) to the premium version of the app and then sign in with your active UND Insider account.

This is great news Jayson, thanks! Also, if you or anyone else knows, when it come to streaming data over a cellular network, which do you think will use more, my laptop running chrome tethered to my phone, or just watching through the phone via the app?

Thanks!

If you've already purchased the 2013-14 premium upgrade, you won't need to do so again.

This is great news Jayson, thanks! Also, if you or anyone else knows, when it come to streaming data over a cellular network, which do you think will use more, my laptop running chrome tethered to my phone, or just watching through the phone via the app?

Thanks!

From my experience the data usage should be close to the same either way. Expect about 1gb used per hour for hd.

Jayson - utilizing the app, is there a way to watch events after they have played. I looked for the Manitoba game (after logging into my insider account which I have already purchased the season pass and purchased the $4.99 app upgrade) but didn't see the Manitiba game to watch.

Jayson - utilizing the app, is there a way to watch events after they have played. I looked for the Manitoba game (after logging into my insider account which I have already purchased the season pass and purchased the $4.99 app upgrade) but didn't see the Manitiba game to watch.

I just went into the app on my iPhone and that game is now showing up. So if it wasn't accessible for you before, it should be now.

I just went into the app on my iPhone and that game is now showing up. So if it wasn't accessible for you before, it should be now.

Hey Jason,

I bought the Sioux Insider for $63.95. I am planning on hooking my laptop up to my tv which is no big deal but will this method of viewing be in HD? I am confused as to which broadcast will be in HD - from the forum it almost seems like the only HD version will be to view the game via iphone.

Hey Jason,

I bought the Sioux Insider for $63.95. I am planning on hooking my laptop up to my tv which is no big deal but will this method of viewing be in HD? I am confused as to which broadcast will be in HD - from the forum it almost seems like the only HD version will be to view the game via iphone.

That method works in HD, if the game is broadcast in HD. It is a sharper, better color picture (streaming) than the awful midco sd TV version was last year (FCS, FTA).

http://www.undsports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=13500&ATCLID=209242263

Above shows midco's schedule and what is in HD. I believe the rest of the hockey games this year on midco are HD.