SiouxSports.com Forum

UND Webcast

siouxfan512

Are you running iOS 7 on your iPad? If so, I'm not sure that there will be a huge benefit to an app specifically for the iPad. The iPhone app seems to work just fine - it seems to know how big your screen is - no need (or option) to hit the "2x" button to enlarge the image to come close to filling the screen.

iOS7, yes. i tried to use the iphone app but i was unable to do the "air play" setting to send it to the tv. thanks for the info, i'll try it again.

I had an iPhone, sick of seeing every time I wanted to watch anything about the Sioux it said "get flash" I now have a droid and want to watch the web games and it says you have to buy from iTunes??? Are you serious, am I this lucky!!!!!

Edit. Do I just buy the Google app and watch it through my laptop?

Jason,

I'm bumming. Just bought a new Panasonic Smart TV mainly to be able to watch Sioux sporting events on the TV web browser, only to find out that the TV won't play the video because it's in flash. I talked to Neulion (they weren't very nice) and they said basically too bad, so sad. Any chance that you guys could "encourage" Neulion to either get an app for smart TVs or offer a format other than flash. I think there are probably a few other people besides me who are in the same boat. If they don't change the format from flash it won't be able to be run on most android devices either. I know that my Samsung tablets don't support flash.

I feel bad for the people who haven't invested in a laptop to stream the games. I'm fortunate that I have a work laptop I can use.

However, I would much rather buy (or use) a laptop than have to pay $60+ a month in cable fees just to watch UND hockey. I don't watch TV outside of UND sports so it would be expensively pointless for me to invest so much money when for a $40 internet feed, a $63 Neulion membership and a $400 laptop I can watch all of the home games. I easily break even in one year compared to the monthly costs of cable with the added sports package.

Watching the games online would be quite expensive for me. I Live outside emerado with a dish for tv. Like a lot of people nowadays I don't have a need to spend $50 on Internet at home because I have unlimited data on my phone. But it's not fast enough to stream the games :(.

Have IOS 7 on the ipad. I'm going to try the app, hooking up to the TV with the lightening digital AV adapter. Hope that works. I've downloaded the ap and bought the upgrade and have watched on demand video via the ap.

Waiting for the adapter, but the on demand streams sure work nicely with the iphone ap on the ipad

Watching the games online would be quite expensive for me. I Live outside emerado with a dish for tv. Like a lot of people nowadays I don't have a need to spend $50 on Internet at home because I have unlimited data on my phone. But it's not fast enough to stream the games :(.

I wish I could get Internet at home! Wife has unlimited 3G(which you can't stream with) and I have 4g lte which I pay through my teeth for.

The NCHC deal with CBSsports certainly complicates the issue of how best to bring the games into your home, even for those of us in the MIdco footprint. Do you go with the 70$ package combo for 6 regular season games and the playoffs when you can otherwise do with webcast, or go to the bar for those games and wash your greasy barfood down with beer you don't even want to drink?

iOS7, yes. i tried to use the iphone app but i was unable to do the "air play" setting to send it to the tv. thanks for the info, i'll try it again.

I know this is a dumb question, but you do have Apple TV, right? If you don't I don't see how Air Play to your TV will work. If you do have Apple TV, you might try checking to see that you have a strong wireless signal to your iPad AND the Apple TV.

Waiting for the adapter, but the on demand streams sure work nicely with the iphone ap on the ipad

I'm going to look at it more closely tomorrow night, but it seems the live webcasts are of higher quality than the on demand ones - which surprises me, so, as I say, I'm going to look at it more closely to make sure it really is the case. Looks like you've found another way to go - saved $50 by doing it, with only the downside of having your iPad physically tethered to your TV - nice!

Is there no webcast on Friday?

There is not; cbssports only.

Since my numerous complaints and requests for help from neulion, the on demand video now runs perfectly, both on my PC's and on the ipad. I've not emptied cache, increased the download capability in the flash settings, nor have I done anything I did before to get passable streams for on demand and live games. We'll see how it goes on Saturday night. It seems that something has changed, and again it wasn't on my end.

I'm going to look at it more closely tomorrow night, but it seems the live webcasts are of higher quality than the on demand ones - which surprises me, so, as I say, I'm going to look at it more closely to make sure it really is the case. Looks like you've found another way to go - saved $50 by doing it, with only the downside of having your iPad physically tethered to your TV - nice!

Hope it works as well as your apple TV setup.

Ok, silly me. New to this whole smart phone/app thing. I've got an Android phone, and have the UND Insider app. I see icons that say I can watch old press conferences, games, etc. When I click on them it says I need to upgrade to the premium version. I say "ok". When I do, it says "no results found for ........." So....is there no "premium" version of the Android app? Or am I just missing something?

Ok, silly me. New to this whole smart phone/app thing. I've got an Android phone, and have the UND Insider app. I see icons that say I can watch old press conferences, games, etc. When I click on them it says I need to upgrade to the premium version. I say "ok". When I do, it says "no results found for ........." So....is there no "premium" version of the Android app? Or am I just missing something?

Same type of process on the ipad for the iphone ap. When I said OK to the upgrade, came up with the upgrade app and the price and if I wan't to pay the 4.99. I said yes and it was good to go. Undsports site says there is an upgrade android ap,'

Iphone aps come from the itunes site, android aps from google play, both sites mention a premium ap for video. (Edit: neulion has responded that the google play ap is last year's, and the upgrade/update is not yet ready).

I agree, the highlight videos and full game on demand are not nearly as sharp as the live hockey games. But the on demand still looks pretty good on the ipad, not nearly as good on either of my PC monitors.

While I won't have the dongle for Saturday night, I'm tempted to sit with the ipad in my lap, rather than hook up my notebook to the TV, but the live games from the notebook to TV are still very good, provided they don't freeze and/or buffer.

For those still struggling with watching webcasts on an android device because the premium nulion app isn't available, there is a solution. Go to the Google app store and purchase (for $2.99) the Puffin web browser app. This browser supports flash natively, and you can login to the UNDsports.com/insider page and view all content. There may be other flash-enabled browsers that work without paying three bucks, but I find Puffin to be a fully functioning and decent browser. It works on my droid phone, and tablet.

Go SIoux!

Just received a couple of important updates from NeuLion a few minutes ago:

1. The Android app was published this afternoon and should be available shortly, if it isn't already.

2. As a gesture of goodwill following last Saturday's iPhone issues, NeuLion will make tomorrow night's game available to UND Insider subscribers on the iPhone and Android apps (mobile streaming of road games would not typically be made available as part of that subscription).

Remember that there are no online or mobile streaming options for tonight's game, though, because it is a CBS Sports Network game. CBSSN is also available on DirecTV (channel 221) and DISH Network (158).

• Upvote 1

Just received a couple of important updates from NeuLion a few minutes ago:

1. The Android app was published this afternoon and should be available shortly, if it isn't already.

2. As a gesture of goodwill following last Saturday's iPhone issues, NeuLion will make tomorrow night's game available to UND Insider subscribers on the iPhone and Android apps (mobile streaming of road games would not typically be made available as part of that subscription).

Remember that there are no online or mobile streaming options for tonight's game, though, because it is a CBS Sports Network game. CBSSN is also available on DirecTV (channel 221) and DISH Network (158).

Hey Jayson FYP, CBSSN on Dish Network is Channel 158. But thanks for all you do.

I've been trying to watch the football stream on Big Sky/America One and it's pixelating, freezing, and buffering. First time I've had that problem with america one. Switched to the Montana/Cal Poly stream and it works perfectly, back to UND and again it's pixelating, freezing and buffering. The problem is coming out of GF and nowhere else (maybe it's midco).