SiouxSports.com Forum

UND Webcast

siouxfan512

Very very disappointed that the game was not on replay tonight. I missed the season opener.

I could have played it live into my DVR AND recorded it myself but I was told it would be uploaded after game at some point the same night. The Manitoba game was on replay within two hours but not this one.

Is there a reason that for some/apparently not all, buffering occurs randomly and in bunches? For all those having these problems, streams work perfectly on america one and even on neulion for other team's streamed events. Somehow the neulion/UND/midco combo has some problems that don't occur anywhere else :sad:

All in all the portions of the stream I tested last night worked pretty well.

The iphone app seemed to go welll and clear on high speed home wi fi

Switched to 4g lte the iphone app seemed good

I have the iphone app on the ipad and watched that a bit on high speed wifi but the feed was way to jerky to watch and almost barfed from nausea. ...but I underatand that an ipad specific build should be better when that does come available so no complaints there.

Tonights game is my real test Im traveling and will need to use the iphone to tv via hdmi

Is there a reason that for some/apparently not all, buffering occurs randomly and in bunches? For all those having these problems, streams work perfectly on america one and even on neulion for other team's streamed events. Somehow the neulion/UND/midco combo has some problems that don't occur anywhere else :sad:

Midco I believe is where it all falls apart they seem to half ass things in every aspect so I dont doubt that that is where the hiccup is occouring

Midco I believe is where it all falls apart they seem to half ass things in every aspect so I dont doubt that that is where the hiccup is occouring

I believe that as well. They have billions and billions of miles to go to be a professional regional network that even approaches the fox regionals.

On the other had, the big sky network on america one runs midco's football broadcasts without problems, in HD.

Overall my connection was a 6 of 10. I just switched to AT&T and believe my connection is slow so that could likely be the issue with buffering. I'm going to try connecting to my neighbors wifi tonight to see if that is indeed the issue, with permission of course.

One issue. Had was the game skipping ahead by 10 seconds. Even f I rewound it the feed skipped. I'm curious if anyone else had that issue. The picture was terrific at times and SD at times.

Jayson, thank you for helping us all with the viewing options.

I believe that as well. They have billions and billions of miles to go to be a professional regional network that even approaches the fox regionals.

On the other had, the big sky network on america one runs midco's football broadcasts without problems, in HD.

Totally agree about the Fox Regionals thing. And I think everyone who works at Midco feels the same way. They know they're not FOX Regionals. They don't have the national programming options that FOX Regionals do. Right now, they're a cable company that has it's own sports network that is growing. It's improving each month, but it's got a ways to go. There are three full time people in the Grand Forks office and it's probably pretty similar in their South Dakota offices. You're not going to run something like FOX Sports with that few people. However, until they start making more money from their broadcasts, they can't afford to hire more people.

Your second point is why I'm not so sure it is Midco that is the problem. I don't know how Neulion pulls the feed from Midco but I do know how AmericaOne does. They have a computer at each site that the video feed hooks into and then sends the signal back to AmericaOne servers. I have to think that Neulion does it the same way. Seeing the HD feed so well from Neulion last night makes me believe it's not something on Midco or UND's end. There are really only two parts and those two parts are exactly the same for everyone... The Midco feed to the streaming computer and the streaming signal to the Neulion servers. The things that are different for everyone is what they are pulling from the Neulion servers and their own computer setups.

I don't know why AmericaOne streams so much better than Neulion for some people. AmericaOne doesn't have nearly the amount of traffic that Neulion does so that could be part of the issue. For me, none of the AmericaOne feeds have come close to what I saw last night through Neulion. But for others, that's an issue and I'm not sure why.

We are sorry to hear of the issues you are having. Your complaints to us are the only that we have received in regards to UND. We have provided you the suggestions we have to resolve buffering issues and since you do not want us to provide that again we would suggest a reset of your modem and router. Also, if you have the ability we would suggest to try a different computer on your network. If you have the same issues on another computer then something on your network or connection is causing this to occur. If you do not have the same issues on another computer then there must be something on that one computer causing this to occur.

Neulions support answer; I'm the only one, it's my problem. OK, I give up. Each of us that reports this to neulion is told we're the only one complaining. So be it.

They continue to ignore my repeated request as to why america one works perfectly and neulion stream does not; same network, same PC's. Guess they can't answer that.

Jayson assured us in a post that it isn't the increased traffic on neulion with the added Sioux fans logging on, so what is it?

Hey Jayson,

Would it be possible for the new iphone app to display which games are scheduled to be broadcast in HD? Even under the live section, less than an hour before the game it doesn't have a watch option in the schedule. There are some games (like women's hockey) where I don't follow it religiously but would watch if it showed up on the schedule.

Thanks again for your help!

No watch video option on iphone app tonight.....

WHO is reaponsible for this crap?

ZERO accountability only excuses.

Pathetic course of events for a program steeped in a tradition of excellence.

This is Huntsville quality crap.

Agreed. I have 4 buddies sitting here waiting to watch the game. And nothing is popping up in the iPhone app. Very frustrating.

Since I didn't pay for the webcasts (yet) since I wanted to wait to see how they were for others, I might just call support and ask them why I'm not getting the games. When they tell me I didn't create an account, I'll tell them it must be on their end. ;)

After last weekend the feed is a huge improvement but still has issues. Tonight's game the picture quality is excellent and staying at 720p but its quite jittery with brief pauses and skipping frames.