SiouxSports.com Forum

UND Webcast

siouxfan512

im having no issues. actually very impressed. feed stopped once so far for less than a min. This is better than any sioux home game I've seen on tv even. Im sure a lot of your quality and/or troubles are based on your computer, tv, internet(browser perhaps even) and how they are all connected. Easily worth the money and then some. Being a directv user, I hope this quality sticks around for my viewing option.

Why is it perfect for some and not for others? Midco, UND and Neulion are all sending the exact same feed. The only thing not included in that is the end user and people have different systems.

OK, here's a reason; all streams, even those in HD, work perfectly for me. Even neulion streams from other colleges (Miami being one) work perfectly for me. It is only this neulion/und/midco stream that has problems. Period.

You tell me it's on my end; I'm telling you it's somewhere in the neulion/und/midco combo that has the problem.

With that said, it was better tonight. 1 total lockup (not rebuffering) late in the first when Rocco was going to the net with seconds left. One lockup during the first intermission; none after that.

I asked neulion why this combination has problems when no others do. Their answer, they don't support america one. Hey, there, dumbasses, I don't need america one support. Their streams always work.

Correct. Android app coming soon, but not ready yet. You should, however, be able to watch on your Android through your web browser.

My android's browser kicks me to the Google store to download the premium app, which is not ready. No way to browse the site and watch Nulion content on my tablet. The premium app would be much appreciated.

PC viewing via firefox was fine this weekend, with one freeze at 8:28 in the third on Friday, one at the first period horn on Saturday, and another during the second period intermission Saturday.

With that $30 you spent on data you could have bought a ticket!

Unlimited data = no cost

700 mile round trip @ 15 mpg = 47 gallons

47 gallons at 3.99 ( only the good stuff) = 180ish

Hotel......150 if u can find one

4 tickets @40. =160 fee....up to 490

Two beersat the ralph.....$345..not quite but seems right

Food n beer a solid $60. Close to $550 for one night of hockey......

.....and if I coulda got good seats in time it would have been worth it....

Unlimited data = no cost

700 mile round trip @ 15 mpg = 47 gallons

47 gallons at 3.99 ( only the good stuff) = 180ish

Hotel......150 if u can find one

4 tickets @40. =160 fee....up to 490

Two beersat the ralph.....$345..not quite but seems right

Food n beer a solid $60. Close to $550 for one night of hockey......

.....and if I coulda got good seats in time it would have been worth it....

Nice! How do you get an unlimited 4g lte data deal?

Nice! How do you get an unlimited 4g lte data deal?

I believe you pay to get unlimited at "no cost". Except, I think he mentions having verizon, which, as far as I know, has no unlimited data plans, while the cost to up the MB to what would be required to stream HD games is astronomical. Would guess that once you pay, it's "free". Seems Sprint has better deals with smartphones and unlimited data, but it's area where you are not roaming is fairly limited, and the price is still high for my tastes.

I believe you pay to get unlimited at "no cost". Except, I think he mentions having verizon, which, as far as I know, has no unlimited data plans, while the cost to up the MB to what would be required to stream HD games is astronomical. Would guess that once you pay, it's "free". Seems Sprint has better deals with smartphones and unlimited data, but it's area where you are not roaming is fairly limited, and the price is still high for my tastes.

I have AT&T it's like 50.00 per month for 5 MB.

I see the sec digital network was recently added to samsung smarttv and other samsung devices (bluray player). Haven't found my way around the whole thing but it looks somewhat similar to undinsider in that some things are free, some are subscriptions (live video of games, on demand, etc). Looks like a login in required to view games, which I suspect is paying for the games to your favorite school (again link undinsider).

Is UND looking at adding an app to the samsung ap lineup (or anywhere else, ie rokkku, ps3). Not sure who pays to get added, the provider of the school?

I have unlimited data from Verizon. I've been grandfathered in, in that I've had it for 6+ years. I was supposed to lose it when I renewed my contract and got my new phone nearly two years ago but it's still there. I'm assuming I'll lose it when I upgrade in a few months but hoping it sticks around.

I generally hook up to my wifi if I'm going to be streaming something off my iphone.

I have unlimited data from Verizon. I've been grandfathered in, in that I've had it for 6+ years. I was supposed to lose it when I renewed my contract and got my new phone nearly two years ago but it's still there. I'm assuming I'll lose it when I upgrade in a few months but hoping it sticks around.

I generally hook up to my wifi if I'm going to be streaming something off my iphone.

Didn't know it was once offered.

I was excited to hear on the forum that Friday's game could be steamed live on a HDTV via Apple TV and Air Play through an iPhone, so Saturday morning I bought an Apple TV at Target (on sale!). I was generally pleased with Friday's webast on HDTV via a laptop, but the "full screen" option didn't completely fill the TV screen, it was kind of "stop motion" in character, and hooking up my laptop to my TV is kind of clunky. I was disappointed to learn that webcast via iPhone was not available Saturday, at least not until the 3rd period. I hooked up my laptop to my TV for the first two periods and I think the quality was even better than on Friday - more smooth, less "stop motion". For the third period, I used the Apple TV via iPhone app on my iPad - I was blown away - very easy to use, completely filled the TV screen, very smooth imaging and a very good picture. Maybe not completely HD, but definitely the best webcast I've seen on my TV - much better than the FCS broadcast of years past, and better even than the SD broadcast via FTA satellite. If you have a compliant iPod, IPad, or iPhone with high speed wreless internet (I'm using a cable modem and wireless router with Comcast internet service), I highly recommend Apple TV - I only hope my third period experience from last night is typical - if so, I will be completely satisfied - it is the best option so far for regularly watching home Sioux games - a complete home run. I think the picture may improve to true HD if and when Neulion make an app specfically for Apple TV. Thanks Jayson et al!

I was excited to hear on the forum that Friday's game could be steamed live on a HDTV via Apple TV and Air Play through an iPhone, so Saturday morning I bought an Apple TV at Target (on sale!). I was generally pleased with Friday's webast on HDTV via a laptop, but the "full screen" option didn't completely fill the TV screen, it was kind of "stop motion" in character, and hooking up my laptop to my TV is kind of clunky. I was disappointed to learn that webcast via iPhone was not available Saturday, at least not until the 3rd period. I hooked up my laptop to my TV for the first two periods and I think the quality was even better than on Friday - more smooth, less "stop motion". For the third period, I used the Apple TV via iPhone app on my iPad - I was blown away - very easy to use, completely filled the TV screen, very smooth imaging and a very good picture. Maybe not completely HD, but definitely the best webcast I've seen on my TV - much better than the FCS broadcast of years past, and better even than the SD broadcast via FTA satellite. If you have a compliant iPod, IPad, or iPhone with high speed wreless internet (I'm using a cable modem and wireless router with Comcast internet service), I highly recommend Apple TV - I only hope my third period experience from last night is typical - if so, I will be completely satisfied - it is the best option so far for regularly watching home Sioux games - a complete home run. I think the picture may improve to true HD if and when Neulion make an app specfically for Apple TV. Thanks Jayson et al!

My wife has an ipad around here somewhere, she uses it, I don't. Maybe when the ipad ap is available I'll get antsy to get apple tv. Wish I could try before I buy. Oh well; sounds like a good setup.

Jayson,

In one of your future meetings with neulion, could you ask them a question they refuse to answer when contacting their support. Why do some of us have problems with buffering/skipping, why do we have to jump through so many hoops (empty cache, different browser, flash settings, etc) to get the stream to work (sometimes good, sometime marginally), when, what appears to be the same stream, with probably the same setup (except it's for football). streams so perfectly through america one, without the problems and hoops. (whoops: maybe that's more than one question?)

BTW, fyi, I've run the two speed tests suggested by neulion support and got the following info:

Megapath (all Mbps): 6.57 down, 0.67 up (from LA server, other servers around the country vary from 6.5 to nearly 9 Mbps)

Neulion east: 4.13 down, 0.66 up (neulions west, south, and north vary from just over 3 to just under 5, always)

I've tried several others that neulion did not suggest, and they all come very close to the megapath numbers, or even faster (7-9 mbps). Only the neulion test show a significant drop-off from all other speed tests.

It is obvious the huge drop in speeds are, for me, coming from neulion servers. I cannot match those slower speeds with any other test.

My wife has an ipad around here somewhere, she uses it, I don't. Maybe when the ipad ap is available I'll get antsy to get apple tv. Wish I could try before I buy. Oh well; sounds like a good setup.

The iPhone app works very well with an iPad - I think the upgrade to iOS 7 might have helped with that too. Be sure the iPad is running iOS 4.3 or later - I would advise updating to the latest possible iOS before using to stream with Apple TV. Target was selling Apple TV for $95 this weekend - not nothing, but when compared to a FTA satellite setup, not unreasonable either. You'll also need an HDMI cable to hook up the Apple TV to your HDTV - I happened to have an extra, so I didn't have to lay out more cash for that. Apple TV also allows you to stream other things such as Netflix, etc., if that is of any interest or benefit.

Jayson,

In one of your future meetings with neulion, could you ask them a question they refuse to answer when contacting their support. Why do some of us have problems with buffering/skipping, why do we have to jump through so many hoops (empty cache, different browser, flash settings, etc) to get the stream to work (sometimes good, sometime marginally), when, what appears to be the same stream, with probably the same setup (except it's for football). streams so perfectly through america one, without the problems and hoops. (whoops: maybe that's more than one question?)

BTW, fyi, I've run the two speed tests suggested by neulion support and got the following info:

Megapath (all Mbps): 6.57 down, 0.67 up (from LA server, other servers around the country vary from 6.5 to nearly 9 Mbps)

Neulion east: 4.13 down, 0.66 up (neulions west, south, and north vary from just over 3 to just under 5, always)

I've tried several others that neulion did not suggest, and they all come very close to the megapath numbers, or even faster (7-9 mbps). Only the neulion test show a significant drop-off from all other speed tests.

It is obvious the huge drop in speeds are, for me, coming from neulion servers. I cannot match those slower speeds with any other test.

I will try to get some answers on that.

I will try to get some answers on that.

Thanks, and btw, neulion will not respond to my question concerning their server speed tests being so much slower than all other speed test sites from all over North America (speedtest.net, as well as megapath).

DamStrait, is this what you're talking about? [Click to view] or I should say [this one]