SiouxSports.com Forum

The next coach of UND football is....

darell1976

It'll be interesting to see what NDSU does with respect to posting. I can't imagine Taylor wants to post for 3 weeks before being able to hire someone.

I watched Taylor's press conference yesterday. I believe he said he was looking into state posting requirements & would possibly pursue the "emergency situation" if available to speed up the process. (Not his exact words but something along those lines)

I watched Taylor's press conference yesterday. I believe he said he was looking into state posting requirements & would possibly pursue the "emergency situation" if available to speed up the process. (Not his exact words but something along those lines)

It seems to me that could be argued any time a coach leaves or is fired right after the season, given the recruiting repercussions of not having a coach in place.

I heard that too, but what the heck is an emergency hire?

Without knowing who the last minute applicants may be, in my mind Pflugrad has to be the top choice and I think he would do an excellent job. I also like Caruso (if he indeed applies) as I think he has that "it" factor that will translate to any level of coaching. My only concern with him would be whether he would have enough contacts in the D-I world to pull in the type of coaching staff UND is going to need to be successful going forward. I don't have that doubt with Pflugrad as he is more experienced and has spent much more time at the D-I level.

Out of those I'd say Bubba before Tibesar. Just can't see Tibesar leaving his NFL job for FCS.

Doubt he'll leave either. Just can't think of any other logical person besides Bubba who fits that description. Plus, it's more interesting to speculate that there is more than one possibility. ;)

because Engstrom told him to kick Johnson off the team and he said no.

this may be a bigger sticking point to Faison than the Hardee incident. Standing up against administration directives in defense of your players may not sit well with administrators.

this may be a bigger sticking point to Faison than the Hardee incident. Standing up against administration directives in defense of your players may not sit well with administrators.

There has been problems at Montana since he left. The baseball bat incident that from what I heard sounded like Griz players turned out to be Montana Western players.