SiouxSports.com Forum

The next coach of UND football is....

darell1976

so does that mean that Pflugard is off the market, as in he will be the new Weber coach?

If you had the opportunity at Weber or at UND which would you take? I honestly don't know how much Weber supports football but with the new IPF and the Alerus, UND has some nice positives for a future coach.

I'm going to go way, way out on a limb :silly: and say that none of these people are going to be UND's next coach, but in case you want to know who actually has applied so far, here's the list: http://kfgo.com/blog...d-coaching-job/

I agree. Based on the hiring process and human resources protocol for UND and this job specifically, I'd say there is 99.9% chance you are correct.

I don't think the candidates who will be considered seriously by Faison will throw their hat in the ring until very late in the game, perhaps right before the buzzer.

Just the nature of this hiring process beast.

I'm going to go way, way out on a limb :silly: and say that none of these people are going to be UND's next coach, but in case you want to know who actually has applied so far, here's the list: http://kfgo.com/blog...d-coaching-job/

Agree on that, but just for fun, the two most interesting ones to me just from the information provided are:

-Nicholas Siciliano, (most recent job) offensive assistant coach with Cincinnati Bengals (also was quarterbacks coach at Ohio State from 2005-2012)

-Jamie Marshall, (current job) assistant head coach/defensive coordinator at Montana State

Haven't looked to see what others have for experience in their background. Hopefully there are some with a decent resume other than their current jobs, otherwise some of those guys are going waaaaaay out on a limb.

I like this one out of the 18

Nicholas Siciliano, (most recent job) offensive assistant coach with Cincinnati Bengals (also was quarterbacks coach at Ohio State from 2005-2012).

He is also a Youngstown State alum which I'd guess is his tie-in to Tressel and Ohio State.

I like this one out of the 18

Nicholas Siciliano, (most recent job) offensive assistant coach with Cincinnati Bengals (also was quarterbacks coach at Ohio State from 2005-2012).

The word order of assistant and coach makes a difference. Assistant coach vs coach assistant.

It appears that he may be the latter...

http://www.bengals.com/team/team-photo-2012.html

ROW 6:
James Urban, Wide Receivers; Paul Guenther, Linebackers; Ken Zampese, Quarterbacks; Brayden Coombs, Offensive Asst.; Travis Brammer, Video Director; Hue Jackson, Asst. Special Teams/Asst. Defensive Backs; Chip Morton, Strength & Conditioning; Paul Sparling, Head Athletic Trainer; Jim Anderson, Running Backs; Dan Willen, Asst. Trainer; Nick Cosgray, Dir. Of Rehabilitation/Asst. Trainer;
Nick Siciliano, Coaching Asst.

Not a lot of love from OSU fans...

http://ohiostate.247sports.com/Board/121/Bengals-hire-Nick-Siciliano--11328030/1#a11331436

http://www.elevenwarriors.com/buckshot/2012/08/the-bengals-like-their-coffee-hot

• Upvote 1

Jovan Dewitt and Jamie Marshall both look decent. It doesn't look like Dewitt has had the greatest time at FAU, but it appears he did well at UNI. He's originally from Wisconsin, played at Northern Michigan, and was a DC at Northern Iowa. Seems like he'd be able to hit our recruiting areas fairly well or at least know people who can. Huh, he also played a year for the Fargo Freeze of the Arena Football League.

McFeeley said today, Why would anyone want the UND job? What does everyone think about that statement?

My thought is McFeely doesn't have anything to rile up the NDSU faithful about this week (yet), so he's looking to a different place for a reaction. He's not as dumb as he comes off sometimes, reactions to his statements pay his bills.

• Upvote 1

McFeeley said today, Why would anyone want the UND job? What does everyone think about that statement?

Probably would have been a legitimate question 3-4 years ago. Now it sounds moronic.

With the nickname and conference problems settled; Alerus and new IPF; fan support if they put out a good product and nowhere to go but up – what open FCS position would be more attractive?