SiouxSports.com Forum

The next coach of UND football is....

darell1976

So we are significantly smarter than Faison and his contacts?

After listening to Faison speak on the radio about the upcoming search for a head coach and his expectations for this team, I couldn't be happier. Faison is a smart guy and he knows what he's doing; UND football will be back to winning games in the playoffs within the next 2-3 years.

http://www.tommiespo...arusoGlenn.html

Prior to Caruso's arrival at UND St Thomas, the class of the league was Montana St Johns, Montana State Concordia, and Eastern Washington Bethel. They are now the dominant team in the MIAC.

Sound familiar?

Caruso has done all sorts of interviews discussing how much he loves UST, St Paul, the Division III culture.

FWIW, I spoke to a good friend of mine who is a USD booster. Caruso (a former USD assistant) was approached by USD following the Meierkort firing and Caruso declined the conversation.

Wow gained a ton of respect for mussman in waynes new updated article...

a lot of coaches don't take the high road

mussman took the highest road possible IMO

Agreed. He's handling this about as well as one could wish for. Hopefully the players do the same in the coming months.

As an outsider looking in I think Faison has already had conversations with Brooks Bollinger and he he will be your new coach. Why else would Faison word it like that?

Barney Cotton played in the NFL and had DI experience. I'm guessing there is more than one potential candidate who has NFL and DI experience out there.

I really hope the next coaching staff doesn't have any ties to UND at all. We need fresh blood and new ideas here, a young up and comer who will make an impact immediately. We are a fully funded Big Sky program with a new IPF coming and state of the art facilities. Brian needs to open the check book and pay what is necessary to get top end coaching and assistants here. Mussman didn't get fired because he can't coach, he got fired IMHO because he couldn't attract talented assistant coaches. I have an inkling that a replacement has already been informed but can't be announced yet, and I really hope it's someone none of us have mentioned yet.

I suspect the bigger key may be ties to Faison moreso than ties to UND. But I'm all for Brooks Bollinger so I hope you're right.

The only reason I mention the ties to UND is because you may be able to get away with not having to pay as much. Also, a guy like Brooks Bollinger may not take any other FCS head coaching job other than UND because he's from the area, understands the culture, and knows what the program could be. Let's face it, North Dakota (the state, not the school) can be a hard sell for somebody to move to who's not familiar with the area.