SiouxSports.com Forum

Viewing options for Sioux hockey games this season

fightingsiouxfan86

Midco is expanding to Fargo in the spring

http://www.inforum.c...icle/id/419436/

Now we know why MIDCO acquired The broadcast rights to Sioux hockey. Well fine then, use us to gain market share in Fargo but then show us some respect and do the following:

1. Hire Sweeney! We all really miss him:-( and besides the dude was the consummate professional and Sioux fan. I really do miss the attitude he brought to Sioux telecasts. No offense Hammer we just love the guy.)

2. Get the HD quality to the top level for Sioux telecasts.

3. Try really hard to get us on a satellite provider.

4. Lobby very hard to get a waiver from CBSportsTV to allow your broadcasts to be on FCS(at least on nights when they are not showing any College Hockey telecasts at the same time.

5. (Just because this is the last request don’t discount its importance), Get rid of the “get on your feet” song. We all are So tired of hearing it. It is painful!! I think it is worse than the Macarena!… I just cannot understand how you can simply ignore what your viewers are saying to you. I think?? we have been very clear and collective about our hate for the song? You do realize that many on SS.com have attempted to communicate this to you right? And you do further realize that (from my measures anyway) there have been ZERO defenses of the tune correct??

If you need help with another tune I could help. I don’t have really any experience in such endeavors however I do know that some sort of crescendo is required for pretty much any tune used in sports. Picture the get on your feet tune in your head and sing along; it’s the-same-thing! it’s the-same-thing! it’s the-same-thing! (cheep electric guitar twing-n-beat).. ARE you LISTENING???%$#!@$#!..CAN you HEAR us?…

Hey somebody start a poll on SS.com, Should Midco lose the song? or Love it-don’t care-hate it?

• Upvote 1

Now we know why MIDCO acquired The broadcast rights to Sioux hockey. Well fine then, use us to gain market share in Fargo but then show us some respect and do the following:

1. Hire Sweeney! We all really miss him:-( and besides the dude was the consummate professional and Sioux fan. I really do miss the attitude he brought to Sioux telecasts. No offense Hammer we just love the guy.)

2. Get the HD quality to the top level for Sioux telecasts.

3. Try really hard to get us on a satellite provider.

4. Lobby very hard to get a waiver from CBSportsTV to allow your broadcasts to be on FCS(at least on nights when they are not showing any College Hockey telecasts at the same time.

5. (Just because this is the last request don’t discount its importance), Get rid of the “get on your feet” song. We all are So tired of hearing it. It is painful!! I think it is worse than the Macarena!… I just cannot understand how you can simply ignore what your viewers are saying to you. I think?? we have been very clear and collective about our hate for the song? You do realize that many on SS.com have attempted to communicate this to you right? And you do further realize that (from my measures anyway) there have been ZERO defenses of the tune correct??

If you need help with another tune I could help. I don’t have really any experience in such endeavors however I do know that some sort of crescendo is required for pretty much any tune used in sports. Picture the get on your feet tune in your head and sing along; it’s the-same-thing! it’s the-same-thing! it’s the-same-thing! (cheep electric guitar twing-n-beat).. ARE you LISTENING???%$#!@$#!..CAN you HEAR us?…

Hey somebody start a poll on SS.com, Should Midco lose the song? or Love it-don’t care-hate it?

I am SHOCKED! Midco hasn't succumbed to the requests of 10s of people requesting a change on a message board!

• Upvote 2

I am SHOCKED! Midco hasn't succumbed to the requests of 10s of people requesting a change on a message board!

Especially with all those people they surveyed that one time at that one place. Good info. On it.

Que music...

Song still sucks, Song still sucks, Song still sucks,

I'll go on record and say that I actually really like the song "Get on Your Feet" from Midco. When I hear it. I'm ready for UND Hockey. I've even called Midco and told them great job on the song and that I think they should lead off every broadcast with it. I think of it as an anthem, when I hear it- I know it's time for North Dakota hockey.

I'd like Pat back- honestly nothing against Hammer. Contrary to many on here, I think he does well enough. But I'd gotten used to Pat for so many years and always felt he was "our" guy.

I'll go on record and say that I actually really like the song "Get on Your Feet" from Midco. When I hear it. I'm ready for UND Hockey. I've even called Midco and told them great job on the song and that I think they should lead off every broadcast with it. I think of it as an anthem, when I hear it- I know it's time for North Dakota hockey.

I'd like Pat back- honestly nothing against Hammer. Contrary to many on here, I think he does well enough. But I'd gotten used to Pat for so many years and always felt he was "our" guy.

Did the Macarena do it for you also?

I think of it as an anthem,

No, sorry .......guy who HAS to be in the band, (not even a mother could be proud of that poser jam)....

The anthem is what midco refuses to actually show...it's called Quite literally ....

The National anthem

..lots of great talented local signers, shunned under a terrible attempt at music ...awefull, just brutal.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Watching the women's bb game on america one (big sky) this afternoon. Good quality midco HD broadcast, no problems with feed. Hockey last night was good quality and streamed well also. But, the america one flash player expands to a full 16:9 screen while the neullion flash player leaves small bars on the left and right sides of the screen (not an SD 4:3 size but larger than that, but not full screen). Why is that?

Watching the women's bb game on america one (big sky) this afternoon. Good quality midco HD broadcast, no problems with feed. Hockey last night was good quality and streamed well also. But, the america one flash player expands to a full 16:9 screen while the neullion flash player leaves small bars on the left and right sides of the screen (not an SD 4:3 size but larger than that, but not full screen). Why is that?

It's on your end...

It looks fine in the booth...

Its not whineing it .....when somebody pays for a product and the delivery of said product is less than promised it causes issues....

Let me put it in redneck terms for ya...

If you was promised your 1st cousin in marriage in exchange for two pigs and and a chicken but instead of gettin your cross eyed 1st cousin they slipped you a 3rd cousin once removed... well then youda been dooped....and probably be a fixin to get that chicken back or at least raise a stink at the next reunion....

;)

• Upvote 3

Its not whineing it .....when somebody pays for a product and the delivery of said product is less than promised it causes issues....

Let me put it in redneck terms for ya...

If you was promised your 1st cousin in marriage in exchange for two pigs and and a chicken but instead of gettin your cross eyed 1st cousin they slipped you a 3rd cousin once removed... well then youda been dooped....and probably be a fixin to get that chicken back or at least raise a stink at the next reunion....

;)

Ok ok now I'm catchin your drift lol