SiouxSports.com Forum

College Hockey 2013-2014 (Non-UND hockey)

Snake

I hope everyone in every other conference underestimates us...I think we can surprise people.

Solid d play

Zane has huge upside in net

Mac, Parks, and Jewels are effective and add a little razzle dazzle, speed, and net front and boards presence

Grimaldi can explode

Pattyn, Gaarder, and Rodwell are just hard to play against

This is not the most talented Sioux team, but it might have a run in the tank

The season is 6 months not 4. Their overall record is who they are. How can you say its a flaw to count games before thanksgiving? What a bizarre opinion.

October - 5 wins

November - 5 wins

December-March - 9 wins

Your opinion is bizarre, not mine.

I think you have to be careful how you evaluate teams when it comes to the one-and-done time of year, though. Wisconsin is not UMinn, but they do have some real high-end talent and are capable of running the table without getting a lot of luck to do it. It's a little like the decision Herb Brooks made to go with Jim Craig in goal. I don't think he was the winningest goalie in the country, but he had, Brooks felt, the highest upside. Wisconsin has a high upside, IMO.

I know many disagree, but Miami's upside isn't too shabby either, now that they have their forwards healthy.

But our boys will get by both of them--Miami first.

I have watched Wisconsin play many times this year, I am not that high on them....I do think they are above average though, that's all I was trying to say. I think they would play .500 against teams like Denver, W michigan, uno and Duluth. All those teams are above avg in my honest opinion.

On a side note, do we want mich state to beat OSU, does it help us whatsoever?

I have watched Wisconsin play many times this year, I am not that high on them....I do think they are above average though, that's all I was trying to say. I think they would play .500 against teams like Denver, W michigan, uno and Duluth. All those teams are above avg in my honest opinion.

On a side note, do we want mich state to beat OSU, does it help us whatsoever?

Doesn't matter who wins as long as neither wins the Big 10 and steals a spot in the Pairwise.

October - 5 wins

November - 5 wins

December-March - 9 wins

Your opinion is bizarre, not mine.

You said a flaw of the pairwise is that Michigan gets credit for games before thanksgiving. So yes its bizarre to think regular season games shouldn't count, I dont care when they're played. The PWR starts day one.

You said a flaw of the pairwise is that Michigan gets credit for games before thanksgiving. So yes its bizarre to think regular season games shouldn't count, I dont care when they're played. The PWR starts day one.

I agree, UND, especially, needs to take this to heart. If we start playing before Thanksgiving, we are probably a 1 seed right now, instead of on the bubble.

I know everyone is bashing the attendance at the B1G tourney, but the games not including UND, could possibly be the same ordeal.

Call me biased but I think UND fans will make sure they're not. I mean, I'm going to the early game tomorrow. That's gotta count for something, right?!

Also, it's not so much bashing(at least from me) but depressing when you realize what was traded for the wonderful BIG 10 TV Contract...whoops, mean conference :D

• Upvote 1

Call me biased but I think UND fans will make sure they're not. I mean, I'm going to the early game tomorrow. That's gotta count for something, right?!

Also, it's not so much bashing(at least from me) but depressing when you realize what was traded for the wonderful BIG 10 TV Contract...whoops, mean conference :D

I'm doing the same and I agree!

Go Sioux!

The flaw is that there is no consideration for getting hot late in the season as compared with a team firing on all cylinders before Christmas. I would think being a Gopher fan, you'd be plenty familiar with leading the hockey world in being the #1 team in the country in October...only to see that come screeching to a halt come March...

• Upvote 2

Looks like more overtime at the Big Ten tournament.

The hockey is actually not too bad if you can get past the echoing sound of the empty building.

Lol! Was there a yodeling contest at center ice during the intermission?

Don't forget that Wisconsin gained all their wins at home. Especially non-con. I think it was January and they still had 1 road win. But maybe December. On phone so not going to bother fact checking.

5-9-1 on the road overall this season.