SiouxSports.com Forum

College Hockey 2013-2014 (Non-UND hockey)

Snake

I was talking about mariucci

I know you were...my post yesterday was over in UND vs Miami Friday thread...I can't multiquote over here on my iphone though.

Now 9-12-3 since December 1st. If THAT record is NCAA tournament-worthy, I''ll wear a Gopher jersey to the Hogg in March 2015.

I know you were...my post yesterday was over in UND vs Miami Friday thread...I can't multiquote over here on my iphone though.

Now 9-12-3 since December 1st. If THAT record is NCAA tournament-worthy, I''ll wear a Gopher jersey to the Hogg in March 2015.

The big ten has one above average and one real good team.

I'll again point out the fatal flaw of the pairwise...Michigan will get credit for peeling off 10 wins before their Thanksgiving dinner had settled in their stomachs whereas their record over the past FOUR MONTHS is a much better indicator of what the Wolverines really are...and that's mediocre.

Mariucci...you have a call on line one...

I'll again point out the fatal flaw of the pairwise...Michigan will get credit for peeling off 10 wins before their Thanksgiving dinner had settled in their stomachs whereas their record over the past FOUR MONTHS is a much better indicator of what the Wolverines really are...and that's mediocre.

That's basically how they count their national titles, too. Rack them up when there's only a handful of teams, then don't get any for a looooong time. :)

That's basically how they count their national titles, too. Rack them up when there's only a handful of teams, then don't get any for a looooong time. :)

That's an indictment of the system, not Michigan. I think it was 2004 or 2005 when Mankato got on a roll while SCSU went into a tailspin...Huskies still got into the tournament and got spanked by Maine 6 or 7 to 0 while the Mavericks sat home watching.

I'd like to see the spin he puts on this well. He'll give some bull$%!# response or not say anything at all. For all the Big Ten chest thumping he's done....only to have it thrown in his face. Karma.

Spin on what? Why do I care if Penn State won? I wanted them to win I hate Michigan.

And I hate to break it to you but fans of the NCHC have no ground to stand on when criticizing other conferences after this past season.

I think it is safe to say that neither league is going gangbusters, and HE and ECAC are eating our collective lunch. If Pig 10 and NCHC were one league, I predict it would've finished like this:

1. Minnesota

2. SCSU

3. NoDak

4. Wisconsin

5. Michigan

6. UNO

7. Western

and who cares beyond that

The season is 6 months not 4. Their overall record is who they are. How can you say its a flaw to count games before thanksgiving? What a bizarre opinion.

I think it is safe to say that neither league is going gangbusters, and HE and ECAC are eating our collective lunch. If Pig 10 and NCHC were one league, I predict it would've finished like this:

1. Minnesota

2. SCSU

3. NoDak

4. Wisconsin

5. Michigan

6. UNO

7. Western

and who cares beyond that

Wow do you underrate UW. They are much better than UND. They have better forwards than anyone on UND like Kerdiles, Mersch, Barnes, Zengerle. And they have a better goalie as well. They beat the Gophers twice. Like I said UW would have had won the NCHC hands down.

Wow do you underrate UW. They are much better than UND. They have better forwards than anyone on UND like Kerdiles, Mersch, Barnes, Zengerle. And they have a better goalie as well. They beat the Gophers twice. Like I said UW would have had won the NCHC hands down.

I've watched UW games when they've been on tv...they appear to be a decent team, but I was never blown away by their skill level.

IMO, you might be overrating them a tad bit.

Just because they swept mn doesn't mean they are better than und. Wisconsin doesn't have too many good wins outside of the mn sweep.

Spin on what? Why do I care if Penn State won? I wanted them to win I hate Michigan.

And I hate to break it to you but fans of the NCHC have no ground to stand on when criticizing other conferences after this past season.

The point I'm trying to get across to you is that you don't have any ground to stand on either! You criticize the NCHC, yet the conference your team is in ain't all that hot either!

Slow day on GPL? Looks like another 30-40 people have showed up for the second semifinal game over at the X. Awesome tourney so far...Sconny get the afternoon game tomorrow? Hopefully the Badger faithful come out in full force. Only question I have is whether or not the old WCHA Final 5 outdrawS the total of the Big 10 and NCHC Tourneys together?

Agree that Kerdiles is special...not too impressed with the others.

Bucky got smoked in Boston, lost to Anchorage, split with Miami (our door mat), did sweep CC (but went to OT)

(Inserts claim that can never be unproven until parallel universes are created)

The big ten has one above average and one real good team.

I think you have to be careful how you evaluate teams when it comes to the one-and-done time of year, though. Wisconsin is not UMinn, but they do have some real high-end talent and are capable of running the table without getting a lot of luck to do it. It's a little like the decision Herb Brooks made to go with Jim Craig in goal. I don't think he was the winningest goalie in the country, but he had, Brooks felt, the highest upside. Wisconsin has a high upside, IMO.

I know many disagree, but Miami's upside isn't too shabby either, now that they have their forwards healthy.

But our boys will get by both of them--Miami first.