SiouxSports.com Forum

Gwoz resigns

dmksioux

Curious what you meant to imply about "stuck in hinterlands"?

It means you're not privileged enough to be sitting by the pool at your house in Arizona sipping Martinis & rubbing elbows with the mucky-mucks such as tony Turgeon's aunt.

It means you're not privileged enough to be sitting by the pool at your house in Arizona sipping Martinis & rubbing elbows with the mucky-mucks such as tony Turgeon's aunt.

So he tells everyone as he hides behind a keyboard in who knows where.

I can see Gwoz going ECAC, Hockey East, NCHC, or Big Ten, but I just can't see him choosing a 'new WCHA' school.

My post was half in jest...I don't seriously believe Gwoz would consider being the head coach at Alaska-Anchorage. It would be fun if he did though!

My post was half in jest...I don't seriously believe Gwoz would consider being the head coach at Alaska-Anchorage. It would be fun if he did though!

It would certainly be interesting! I know you didn't mean that one in all seriousness, but it's always possible that the firing of coaches hasn't finished yet for the season. So, there's the chance of another WCHA coach spot opening this year or next. I just think, of all the options out there, Gwoz won't go WCHA.

...in all seriousness, but it's always possible that the firing of coaches hasn't finished yet for the season. So, there's the chance of another WCHA coach spot opening this year or next. I just think, of all the options out there, Gwoz won't go WCHA.

I don't believe there will be any more firings this season. The timing of Maine's dismissal of Whitehead was curious to me because it could have been done immediately after the season...but wasn't. Then Gwoz is let go by Denver and all of a sudden, Maine says 'see ya Tim'? Just makes me wonder if Maine's up to something...

I don't believe there will be any more firings this season. The timing of Maine's dismissal of Whitehead was curious to me because it could have been done immediately after the season...but wasn't. Then Gwoz is let go by Denver and all of a sudden, Maine says 'see ya Tim'? Just makes me wonder if Maine's up to something...

True, but if Montgomery really is the front runner, that doesn't make sense either. Maybe it took them that long to do the 'systematic review,' hear back from boosters (I get the impression that they're really hurting for funds), etc. I guess only time will tell!

Even if they are up to something, at least the AD made a statement immediately after the firing. Meanwhile, more silence from DU...

Posted about 22 hours ago...

http://bangordailyne...d-in-maine-job/

“At this point, I’d be interested in every job. I want to continue coaching and I would be foolish to close a door on anything," said the 59-year-old Gwozdecky, who posted a 443-267-64 record at Denver and has won at least 20 games in each of the last 12 seasons

Hello...Alaska-Anchorage...give the Gwoz a call!