SiouxSports.com Forum

Indian nicknames in the news

jimdahl

Here we go:

http://www.grandforksherald.com/content/und-students-protest-offensive-shirt-incident-0

"Emmy Scott, former president of the Indian Studies Association, organized the event and said she wants to have the university officially denounce the now-retired Fighting Sioux logo, make racial sensitivity training mandatory for incoming students and ban the Fighting Sioux logo from all academic settings, among other things"

At the Wild game last Saturday night a guy was drunk and really loud...in a Toews red Hawks sweater...with a full NA head dress on. At no point did I try to add all that up to equal all Indians are drunks like all students at UND are now racist per Jeanotte et al. It was just a drunk stupid loud white guy!

President Obama is on-record as saying that the Redskins should change their name...why is he silent regarding the Blackhawks?

President Obama is on-record as saying that the Redskins should change their name...why is he silent regarding the Blackhawks?

Cause his pockets are greased by those from his home state?? Plus Goodell pull the strings on that one.

Here we go:

http://www.grandforksherald.com/content/und-students-protest-offensive-shirt-incident-0

"Emmy Scott, former president of the Indian Studies Association, organized the event and said she wants to have the university officially denounce the now-retired Fighting Sioux logo, make racial sensitivity training mandatory for incoming students and ban the Fighting Sioux logo from all academic settings, among other things"

And this is how you go down to 7500 students. Kelley isn't that dumb. Well.................

• Upvote 1

Oh gee, I don't know? It's from his home city. This is getting silly... I am surprised that our dear leader Chairman Obama hasn't weighed in on this incident as well.

• Upvote 1

Here we go:

http://www.grandfork...hirt-incident-0

Now that the Sioux moniker is gone, can we dispense with all of the pretense, and get rid of "Indian Studies" and some these other useless feel good programs that offer nothing but a reacharound to the intellectually challenged?

Here we go:

fightingsioux4life...is this loud enough for you yet?

• Upvote 1

Here we go:

I'm starting to think all the people that are attending according to Facebook don't realize she's trying to get the Fighting Sioux name and logo band.

I'm starting to think all the people that are attending according to Facebook don't realize she's trying to get the Fighting Sioux name and logo band.

Nevermind a band...they'll only need a single bugler...playing "Taps."

I think he's also referring to REA as well.

Emmy Scott, former president of the Indian Studies Association, organized the event and said she wants to have the university officially denounce the now-retired Fighting Sioux logo, make racial sensitivity training mandatory for incoming students and ban the Fighting Sioux logo from all academic settings, among other things.

Now that the Sioux moniker is gone, can we dispense with all of the pretense, and get rid of "Indian Studies" and some these other useless feel good programs that offer nothing but a reacharound to the intellectually challenged?

This...^^^^^!

Someone put out the names on the UND facebook page too. What did I do? Checked the names in the directory. Every current student in is this directory Guess how many showed up as UND students? maybe 1.

Did you check the NDSU directory?