SiouxSports.com Forum

NHL 2013

jodcon

Agreed. I don't get it. Careful what you wish for Penguins...the grass isn't always greener...

With the talent they have on that team and with how that team has underachieved in recent years, I am not surprised and I think it needed to be done to shake things up. Since they won the Cup in 2009, they haven't been clicking on all cylinders very often. And that includes the times that Sidney Crosby was healthy and in the line-up. This is their window of opportunity to win championships and that window won't be open forever. Once their stars get too old, it will be rebuilding and retooling time.

With the talent they have on that team and with how that team has underachieved in recent years, I am not surprised and I think it needed to be done to shake things up. Since they won the Cup in 2009, they haven't been clicking on all cylinders very often. And that includes the times that Sidney Crosby was healthy and in the line-up. This is their window of opportunity to win championships and that window won't be open forever. Once their stars get too old, it will be rebuilding and retooling time.

As one of the four teams to win the Stanley Cup in the past five years, no doubt Pittsburgh needed to fire Bylsma. Same should go for Boston, Chicago, and LA (if they lose this season's title). Under-performance cannot and should not be tolerated.

As one of the four teams to win the Stanley Cup in the past five years, no doubt Pittsburgh needed to fire Bylsma. Same should go for Boston, Chicago, and LA (if they lose this season's title). Under-performance cannot and should not be tolerated.

I know the point you are making and it is well made. But the Kings, Blackhawks and Bruins have been far more steady and consistent in the playoffs over the past five years (where the level of play is much higher) than Pittsburgh has over the past couple of years. In the big leagues of the NHL, if you are a head coach and you underachieve with world-class talent on the roster, you will likely get the pink slip. The year the Pens won the Cup, Bylsma was hired mid-season with the team 9th in the Eastern Conference. They finished 4th in the conference and went on to win their first Cup in a very long time. So Bylsma has now been on both sides of that coin. And I am sure he will get snatched up by another team very soon.

Would you fire Mike Babcock of the Red Wings today?

Given the injuries that plagued that team and the way Babcock got them to play without some of their best players.....not a chance. Best coach in the league in my opinion.

Given the injuries that plagued that team and the way Babcock got them to play without some of their best players.....not a chance. Best coach in the league in my opinion.

I agree 100%. I was curious as to fs4l's assessment...blowing a 3-2 Stanley Cup series lead with game 7 at home in 2009 followed by early-round playoff exits since then...

2 games and 2 overtimes. Loving it. Pulling for Kings but want this thing to go 7. I said before the series each team wins on home ice. We shall see.

Actually 3 overtimes. Great series thus far...NY needs nothing short of two wins at MSG...

I agree 100%. I was curious as to fs4l's assessment...blowing a 3-2 Stanley Cup series lead with game 7 at home in 2009 followed by early-round playoff exits since then...

Not an apples to apples comparison. The Red Wings are not the same team they were back in the 1990's and 2000's. Most of their stars have retired or have gotten older. I think 2008 was their last Cup for a long time. From 2009 onwards they haven't been the same dominant force they were for so long. If you give Mike Babcock the Pens roster, they go to the Cup finals every other year at the very least because he gets the most out of what he has and Bylsma wasn't doing that anymore.

Rangers can't beat the Kings in a man to man game, it is impossible to beat them when the Kings get every questionable call to go their way. But I guess the league is trying to do everything possible to make the Kings the greatest team ever.

Rangers can't beat the Kings in a man to man game, it is impossible to beat them when the Kings get every questionable call to go their way. But I guess the league is trying to do everything possible to make the Kings the greatest team ever.

What....are you kidding me? The officiating has been fine. Your post sounds like one fat excuse to me. LA has been playing terrible and they're still up 2-0. If the hawks couldn't hold leads that rangers definitely won't be able to.

What....are you kidding me? The officiating has been fine. Your post sounds like one fat excuse to me. LA has been playing terrible and they're still up 2-0. If the hawks couldn't hold leads that rangers definitely won't be able to.

Agreed LA hasn't been at its best yet and imo LA had a questionable call or two go against them in the OTs but they were still able to overcome that and get the win.

I'm just saying the Kings are on their way to being lableled the greatest team ever. I mean three game 7 wins on their way to the Finals, what five or six wins after being down two goals(three in a row) who could ever match that in the history of the NHL.

You gotta be a gopher fan too.