SiouxSports.com Forum

NHL 2013

jodcon

Yea, it kinda does matter. You make it sound like NY has no business being on the same ice as the Kings. LA has played 21 games to win 12 including the last two in OT. If the Rangers take the Kings to 6 or 7, you can't exactly call them patsies.

nope, just first losers and the Blackhawks are the second losers and Canadians are the third losers.. no one remembers who finished second unless you are referring to the Vikings or Bills.

nope, just first losers and the Blackhawks are the second losers and Canadians are the third losers.. no one remembers who finished second unless you are referring to the Vikings or Bills.

Your entire point has been "western dominance" and zero doubt that the west will win the Stanley Cup. Since 2000, the west has won 7 cups, the east 6. I simply disagree with you...the Rangers have a shot.

Your entire point has been "western dominance" and zero doubt that the west will win the Stanley Cup. Since 2000, the west has won 7 cups, the east 6. I simply disagree with you...the Rangers have a shot.

Everyone seems to give the Rangers no chance and I just don't get it. Can someone, siouxweet maybe?, tell me why they have no shot. I'd really like to know! I'm not being facetious. I wanna know why people think LA will dominate.

Everyone seems to give the Rangers no chance and I just don't get it. Can someone, siouxweet maybe?, tell me why they have no shot. I'd really like to know! I'm not being facetious. I wanna know why people think LA will dominate.

It's hockey, the Rangers definitely have a shot.....a very small one though :). Kopitar's line will shut down the St. Louis line easy. The Ranger's D core also isn't anywhere near CHI's. It will be tough for the Rangers but they do have a shot.

It's hockey, the Rangers definitely have a shot.....a very small one though :). Kopitar's line will shut down the St. Louis line easy. The Ranger's D core also isn't anywhere near CHI's. It will be tough for the Rangers but they do have a shot.

I wholeheartedly disagree with the D comment. McDonaugh-Girardi, Stall-Stralman is a heckuva top two pairing. Throw Klein and J. Moore in there... that's a good D corp.

I wholeheartedly disagree with the D comment. McDonaugh-Girardi, Stall-Stralman is a heckuva top two pairing. Throw Klein and J. Moore in there... that's a good D corp.

McDonaugh is a stud, but you honestly think the rangers d core stacks up (top to bottom) with CHI? I, for one, don't think it's close. But they are good, I never said they weren't .

McDonaugh is a stud, but you honestly think the rangers d core stacks up (top to bottom) with CHI? I, for one, don't think it's close. But they are good, I never said they weren't .

Yes, I ABSOLUTELY do think they stack up to Chicago or any one else for that matter. The names I just mentioned are all solid D men. Have you gotten a chance to see much of the Rangers this year? They are VERY good defensively.

Yes, I ABSOLUTELY do think they stack up to Chicago or any one else for that matter. The names I just mentioned are all solid D men. Have you gotten a chance to see much of the Rangers this year? They are VERY good defensively.

We'll have to agree to disagree. I have watched them all playoffs long. McDonaugh is awesome, but Keith covers him. I think seabrook is as good as McDonaugh. I think Hjallmersson is better than the rest of them. By no means is that a knock in the Rangers.

I'd say McDonaugh, Girardi, and Staal are right up there with the top Chicago D but imo the depth of the Chicago D is better than the Rangers.

• Upvote 1

I'd say McDonaugh, Girardi, and Staal are right up there with the top Chicago D but imo the depth of the Chicago D is better than the Rangers.

Leddy and Rozsival? Leddy has been a pylon all year and Rozsival is a Ranger throw away. Doing my best to not dawg them fully, but I don't think they are any better than Moore and Klein. ESPECIALLY the way Klein has been this postseason.

• Upvote 1

the Rangers have a slight edge in goaltending, Kings have an advantage in eveything else-offense,defense, special teams, coaching and intangibles. Kings in 5.

the Rangers have a slight edge in goaltending, Kings have an advantage in eveything else-offense,defense, special teams, coaching and intangibles. Kings in 5.

Again, tell me what about their offense, defense, special teams, coaching an intangibles that makes them better?

- Offense... I'll buy it. The Rangers are a defensive team first. Butttt... lots of talent and SPEED for the Rangers. I think they have an edge on speed, for sure.

- Defense ... No. Rangers D corps is one of the best in the league and is anchored by a Top 3 goalie.

- Special teams ... debatable. Rangers PK has been great all year. Top 3 in the league. Kept vaunted PPs of Pitt and MTL at bay. PP, very, very hit or miss. Flat out bad at times. But when they are cooking, they are lethal. No. 10 in the league on PP this year.

- Coaching ... Why??? Because Sutter has a Cup? AV has been to a final. Any coincidence the Rangers make the SCF in his first year? Might have something to do with it. He's been playing this team like a fiddle in the playoffs. Short rest, quick shifts, moving players to the right spots. AV has been great.

- Intangibles... You're kidding... MSL and Richards have been there before. They are playing with more passion than anyone in the playoffs right now and have completely rallied around MSL and Dominic Moore for their horrible stories. And they have a goalie in Lundqvist that has seen it all. Sure, the Kings have players that have been there before, but that alone doesn't give them the edge in intangibles, IMO.

Again... tell me WHY the Kings are better other than what you think. Because, I think it's clear, to me at least, that you just haven't seen them play enough. This series goes a MINIMUM of 6.

I'm coming off as a big-time fanboy, I get it, but I've heard that the Kings and Hawks are so much better than the Rangers since the Rangers beat the Habs. I just want someone to tell me why they are better. I have yet to see anything to suggest that the Kings will roll this series. It'll be close, I agree, but the Rangers are really good.

Again, tell me what about their offense, defense, special teams, coaching an intangibles that makes them better?

- Offense... I'll buy it. The Rangers are a defensive team first. Butttt... lots of talent and SPEED for the Rangers. I think they have an edge on speed, for sure.

- Defense ... No. Rangers D corps is one of the best in the league and is anchored by a Top 3 goalie.

- Special teams ... debatable. Rangers PK has been great all year. Top 3 in the league. Kept vaunted PPs of Pitt and MTL at bay. PP, very, very hit or miss. Flat out bad at times. But when they are cooking, they are lethal. No. 10 in the league on PP this year.

- Coaching ... Why??? Because Sutter has a Cup? AV has been to a final. Any coincidence the Rangers make the SCF in his first year? Might have something to do with it. He's been playing this team like a fiddle in the playoffs. Short rest, quick shifts, moving players to the right spots. AV has been great.

- Intangibles... You're kidding... MSL and Richards have been there before. They are playing with more passion than anyone in the playoffs right now and have completely rallied around MSL and Dominic Moore for their horrible stories. And they have a goalie in Lundqvist that has seen it all. Sure, the Kings have players that have been there before, but that alone doesn't give them the edge in intangibles, IMO.

Again... tell me WHY the Kings are better other than what you think. Because, I think it's clear, to me at least, that you just haven't seen them play enough. This series goes a MINIMUM of 6.

I'm coming off as a big-time fanboy, I get it, but I've heard that the Kings and Hawks are so much better than the Rangers since the Rangers beat the Habs. I just want someone to tell me why they are better. I have yet to see anything to suggest that the Kings will roll this series. It'll be close, I agree, but the Rangers are really good.

intangibles-won three game 7's on the road, came back from down 3-0 against San Jose, came back from third period deficits in games 2 and seven and they just won't go away. Lundqvist may be better, but Quick makes the saves(s) to keep the Kings in it. in games 2 and 7 the Hawks weren't able to add that extra goal to get to a three goal lead and it killed them in the end and Quick was a HUGE reason why they didn't. Again I hope I am wrong and the Rangers win it, maybe this will go seven and the Rangers give the Kings a taste of their own medicine. But I don't think it gets that far.

Leddy and Rozsival? Leddy has been a pylon all year and Rozsival is a Ranger throw away. Doing my best to not dawg them fully, but I don't think they are any better than Moore and Klein. ESPECIALLY the way Klein has been this postseason.

I wasn't pleased with Leddy but he is an alright prospect. Also, CHI has a Norris winner who will win another one. Seabrook who is very very good and one of the best defensive defensive pairings is the league in NJ and Oduya. That's stacked.

I wasn't pleased with Leddy but he is an alright prospect. Also, CHI has a Norris winner who will win another one. Seabrook who is very very good and one of the best defensive defensive pairings is the league in NJ and Oduya. That's stacked.

might be stacked but as a whole team they had WAY, WAY, WAY too many defensive breakdowns these whole playoffs. and that is a big reason they are sitting at home making tee times.

The NY Rangers game plan?

Have Kreider crash the front of the net, taking out Quick in goal with an injury.

Suddenly the whole outlook swings in their favor.

Please tell me you don't think that happened on purpose. I'd assume you're trying to rile me up.

McDonaugh can, too. Rangers do not have a liability on the blueline.

Please tell me you don't think that happened on purpose. I'd assume you're trying to rile me up.

Not on purpose, per se, but also not doing much to limit contact.

*Here's how I see it:

LA: former Sioux Matt Greene

Rangers: no former Sioux

Go KINGS!!

*Exceptions to this rule of thinking include: Boston, Pittsburgh, Detroit, and Vancouver

Not on purpose, per se, but also not doing much to limit contact.

*Here's how I see it:

LA: former Sioux Matt Greene

Rangers: no former Sioux

Go KINGS!!

*Exceptions to this rule of thinking include: Boston, Pittsburgh, Detroit, and Vancouver

What about Danny Kristo??? He's on the NYR taxi squad right now!

I don't try to rile anyone up here. There is no way Kreider could have known that Price's leg would get caught like it did. But, you also have to question the slow motion video of the incident and Kreider's intent. Kreider's right leg gets slashed from the right side. Normally one would expect the right leg to move left from such a blow. If it did and Kreider went down, there wouldn't be such doubt. But Kreider's right leg goes out to the right against the direction of the slash. It could be Kreider decided to go down to draw a penalty or possibly a penalty shot. We don't know one way or the other. But if it happens again, expect a great deal of outcry about it and possibly some league investigation.

If Kristo got moved up for the cup - I'd be equally for the Rangers

He won't, unfortunately, but it'd be freakin sweet. All the writers and people in the know out east expect him to be with the Rangers next season. Been scoring all year in the A and he's developing defensively like they want him to