SiouxSports.com Forum

NHL 2013

jodcon

Up to 2-0 at home in game 7 the Hawks gave this one away. Their net front presence all game long was brutal...again. LA got plenty of good bounces but if you are going to stand and watch the puck in front of your own net time and time again you deserve to go golfing.

Leave it to Leddy, an ex Gopher, to sink the Hawk's back to back Cup pursuit!

He looked lost....not just because that puck hit him, but all playoffs long. If it were not for his ridiculous skating ability he would be in the E.

He looked lost....not just because that puck hit him, but all playoffs long. If it were not for his ridiculous skating ability he would be in the E.

He may have been lost some of the time but I'm sure the Wild would gladly take back that trade and take Leddy back. If not for that trade I don't know if I could find a move that Chuck Fletcher made that was truly horrible.

He may have been lost some of the time but I'm sure the Wild would gladly take back that trade and take Leddy back. If not for that trade I don't know if I could find a move that Chuck Fletcher made that was truly horrible.

Burns for Setoguchi...Havlat for Heatley and his albatross contract...

• Upvote 1

Burns for Setoguchi...Havlat for Heatley and his albatross contract...

The Havlat for Heatley deal for me is pretty much a wash but I am very glad they get Heatley's contract off the books this year. I'd say the Wild got an absolute steal in the Burns deal, Burns for Setoguchi, Coyle, and a 1st rounder which turned into prospect Zach Phillips and then later Setoguchi was traded to the jets for a 2nd round pick.

Absolutely fabulous series...only fitting that game 7 went to OT. New York vs Los Angeles...should out-do San Antonio vs Miami in the National Snoozeball Finals.

I disagree, there is more intrigue witht he NBA Finals as either team has a legit shot at winning. can't say the same about the SCF.

I disagree, there is more intrigue witht he NBA Finals as either team has a legit shot at winning. can't say the same about the SCF.

I just don't get why people think that the Rangers don't have a shot! I get it. The west is better. But to say the Rangers don't have a legit shot at winning is dumb to me.

I disagree, there is more intrigue with the NBA Finals as either team has a legit shot at winning. can't say the same about the SCF.

If you like time-outs and free-throws, by all means, enjoy the NBA Finals. You're predicting a four-game sweep by the Kings?

Have you ever looked up the actual trade? It wasn't simply Leddy for Barker....that moved unloaded tons of salary cap. CHI took on someone's terrible cap hit. I cannot remember who that was again.

Oh I remember now....it was Kim Johnnson's terrible contract. Also, hindsite is 20/20. Barker was a high draft pick who had a decent season before the trade (or it was the year before the trade). He also wasn't old. CHI must have saw something though.

Have you ever looked up the actual trade? It wasn't simply Leddy for Barker....that moved unloaded tons of salary cap. CHI took on someone's terrible cap hit. I cannot remember who that was again.

Yes I know the trade and I as well as most Wild fans hated it when it happened. It was Kim Johnsson who was included and while his contract was bad he was off the books at the end of the year. Barker had already been a bust by the time the Wild got him and Leddy was a rising prospect at the time of the trade which left most Wild fans puzzled.

Chicago also received Kim Johnsson - the Wild got stuck with Cam and his 2-year 6.2 million dollar contract. Chicago cleared up tons of cap room, not the Wild.

Chicago also received Kim Johnsson - the Wild got stuck with Cam and his 2-year 6.2 million dollar contract. Chicago cleared up tons of cap room, not the Wild.

Oh....I just hockdb'd barker....he had a 40 pt season the year before and was still young at the time of the trade. It was a bad trade but I don't think anyone (other than maybe CHI) knew that Barker was going to be a bust.

What was that KJ contract amount? For that year?

Oh....I just hockdb'd barker....he had a 40 pt season the year before and was still young at the time of the trade. It was a bad trade but I don't think anyone (other than maybe CHI) knew that Barker was going to be a bust.

What was KJ contract amount? For that year?

Capgeek says $5.3 million but $4.85 for the salary cap hit, any idea on Barker's +/-? I don't think his offense was really his problem as much as how terrible he was in the d zone.

What was that KJ contract amount? For that year?

Johnsson's deal was $4.8 million for one year...

Capgeek says $5.3 million, any idea on Barker's +/-? I don't think his offense was really his problem as much as how terrible he was in the d zone.

Oh I don't disagree with that....he isn't an NHL defensemen obviously. So the net difference (in $) is $900K going by what MM just posted. So you are right, CHI got an NHL defensemen (that greatly needs to learn to play in his own zone) and gained $900K in $. I take back my initial post. I was wrong. I wouldn't go as far and say that was the worst deal Fletch has ever made....and it's not even close (which was my point). Leddy simply isn't that good (yet). He can improve though. His skating is very good.

Oh I don't disagree with that....he isn't an NHL defensemen obviously. So the net difference (in $) is $900K going by what MM just posted. So you are right, CHI got an NHL defensemen (that greatly needs to learn to play in his own zone) and gained $900K in $. I take back my initial post. I was wrong. I wouldn't go as far and say that was the worst deal Fletch has ever made....and it's not even close (Heatley, Setu., etc.). Leddy simply isn't that good (yet). He can improve though. His skating is very good.

Agree Leddy still needs to improve in his defensive zone to become a more consistent d-man but with the group the Wild threw out there this year he would have definitely been an upgrade over about half of them. The Heatley deal is probably the worst just because of the contract he had the last 2 years and how bad he was during most of that time. The Burns/Seto deal was actually pretty good for the Wild as they gave up Burns but got Seto, Coyle, and a 1st round pick that turned into prospect Zack Phillips, Fletcher also ended up getting a 2nd round pick from the Jets for Seto as well.

doesn't matter if they win in 4,5,6 or 7. Rangers won't win four games.

Yea, it kinda does matter. You make it sound like NY has no business being on the same ice as the Kings. LA has played 21 games to win 12 including the last two in OT. If the Rangers take the Kings to 6 or 7, you can't exactly call them patsies.