SiouxSports.com Forum

2013 WCHA Final Five

Frozen4sioux

The club level has great views and in my view is much more desirable than the lower bowl. If you take the lower bowl make sure you are high enough to see over the glass. It really obstructs your views down the ice. The upper deck is fine also, that is where I usually sit. Outside of the gopher or sioux games you can sit in the lower bowl(plenty of open seats).

I am not a fan of the club level. I prefer higher seats in the lower bowl.

Ive sat all over the X including suites - club is my favorite - Id never sit up high again - lower bowl up high is great - afternoon games are insane as the ushers and security seem like street people just hired to be able to open the doors - overall a great place and have always been one of my favorite weekends - my whole family have a wonderful time

Row 18 lower bowl for us, Sioux have won it every year since we moved down there. Upper deck I thought was ok, got service quicker for one thing and bathroom lines were short. Club seats is where we sit for the Wild games and they are fun! But I truly love the view on the red dot in front of the goalies right, in row 18. I'm bumbed out it is all over this season.

I have been sitting in the lower bowl for years. Section 125, near the top in the corner. Great seats, great view of everything. Mostly good fans in my section; a few morons, but they are outnumbered. I am really going to miss the Final Five next year; I don't know how the NCHC tournament will stack up.

Well if the Gophers actually had a choice in the matter than this would be a valid question.

It is getting pretty annoying that people don't realize Minnesota had no choice in the realignment. It doesn't matter if they wanted to leave the WCHA or if the didn't, once the Big Ten started a hockey conference, as a member school, they had no choice but to "leave" the WCHA.

• Upvote 1

It is getting pretty annoying that people don't realize Minnesota had no choice in the realignment. It doesn't matter if they wanted to leave the WCHA or if the didn't, once the Big Ten started a hockey conference, as a member school, they had no choice but to "leave" the WCHA.

If you want to get mad at somebody for this, get mad at Barry Alverez. He was a big proponent of the BTHC and is gleeful about it.

• Upvote 1

It still sucks though. Maybe in the long run it will turn out to be great for the growth of college hockey but for now it's just depressing to think about. Im going to really appreciate every second of this last Final Five. I might even appreciate being around UND fans for the last time as conference memebers. :)

• Upvote 1

It still sucks though. Maybe in the long run it will turn out to be great for the growth of college hockey but for now it's just depressing to think about. Im going to really appreciate every second of this last Final Five. I might even appreciate being around UND fans for the last time as conference memebers. :)

I agree, right now it is despressing. But 5-10 years down the line, who knows, maybe every Big Ten school has a hockey team, then without a doubt the realignment would have been a plus for college hockey. Time will only tell though.

I prefer club level most in that arena. Lower bowl is nice, but I find I don't get quite a good of a view of the ice from the lower bowl there as I do from the club level.

Most years we buy upper level seats for a few games and then move to the center ice upper level seats (which are always WIDE open) and it's awsome. In about 10-12 times doing this we've only been asked to show out ticket stubs one time, and that was several years ago. They don't seen to care.

What should be annoying is Minnesota's deep disrespect for college hockey as demonstrated by the following:

First Minnesota had a significant negative impact on the Sioux keeping their name and for no reason other than politically correct stupidity and maybe some spite at the fact that the Sioux were stealing some of their talent (See parise) and consistently humiliating them in regard to performance? (See season turning dismantling of their first placed, top ranked teams in more than one year. See Ralph Engelstad Arena. See the comparison between the Sioux and the Gophers overall accomplishments the last several seasons)

Now add it what Lucia said and did regarding one of college sports greatest rivalries, He made it all very clear when he said the following to explain and justify why he blew-off scheduling games against the Sioux for the next three years!! "It isn't a healthy rivalry" and you get a little peak into the mind of a pathetic man who can't handle being soundly beaten so he conjures a self-serving paradigm that does nothing positive for anyone, is totally bogus, completely disregards the reality of the situation and spits in the face of blood, sweat and tears lost over decades upon decades of fiercely intense rivalry and competition.

Ask yourself this Lucia, What would Herb Brooks say about the Sioux v Gophers rivalry and the importance of preserving it? What would Neil Broten say? Pete Hankinson? Eddie Belfour? Blake Wheeler?, How bout your predecessor Woogie?..

Yes Lucia, I could go on and on, as is usually the case wherein there is a historic rivalry being considered. You sure did make a call for a lot of folks didn't you? ...

I would say you are a sad and pathetic excuse for a hockey man but I think simply pointing out how much bad you have done for college hockey pretty much covers that one.

I hope the Sioux have an extra special circle around the calendar for the gophers series coming in January and I hope we get to take them down in the final final five.

...there you go as15 a vision into the TRUELY annoying..

GO SIOUX!!!!

• Upvote 1

Now add it what Lucia said and did regarding one of college sports greatest rivalries, He made it all very clear when he said the following to explain and justify why he blew-off scheduling games against the Sioux for the next three years!! "It isn't a healthy rivalry" and you get a little peak into the mind of a pathetic man who can't handle being soundly beaten so he conjures a self-serving paradigm that does nothing positive for anyone, is totally bogus, completely disregards the reality of the situation and spits in the face of blood, sweat and tears lost over decades upon decades of fiercely intense rivalry and competition.

So I wonder if in the post game last weekend, after the cheap shot Rau threw from behind, Lucia said, "We can't have that kind of stuff in college hockey,", like he does periodically after games against the Sioux. He's a weanie that would prefer no check hockey, or at most games where only his players can check (most of which are cheap shots and after whistle punches).

So I wonder if in the post game last weekend, after the cheap shot Rau threw from behind, Lucia said, "We can't have that kind of stuff in college hockey,", like he does periodically after games against the Sioux. He's a weanie that would prefer no check hockey, or at most games where only his players can check (most of which are cheap shots and after whistle punches).

If the NCAA eliminated checking Lucia would no longer be able to promote diving then what would he do?