SiouxSports.com Forum

2013 WCHA Final Five

Frozen4sioux

So I was never able to afford to go in the past but I'm heading there this year. Come heck or high water

I've got a couple questions for those that have gone.

I put down the reservation through ticketmaster for $75 a seat a while ago and today they called me to select my seats. Never been to the x.

The gave me two options

Upper deck ends of exel for $80 total ($5 more per seat)

Lower level corners or the club level for $165 total ($90 more per seat)

1) anybody know what section you are in yet? Where is the best area for other SIOUX fans.

2) Is it worth it for the lower level?

Darn that's spendy but I can't wait. I will always regret not going to last years.

I was planning on going to the series @marriuci cupcake palace but this might eat all of my road trip budget for the year.

Upper level ends are scary steep. They have bars in front of every row. Spend the money on lower corners or clubs. Sioux fans are everywhere, not in any particular section. Heads up, you will have to sit by obnoxious,drunk rodent fans wherever you are.

Just like I have to sit around drunk obnoxious Sioux fans....I mean UND fans every year.

Just like I have to sit around drunk obnoxious Sioux fans....I mean UND fans every year.

Great times, someone called this College Hockey Mardi Gras once, and that is a good analogy. It is a damn shame it is going away after this year. Lots of tradition will be gone just like that. The NCHC tourney will be a lot closer to the WCHA Final Five than the Big Ten whatever it is they are doing.

So I was never able to afford to go in the past but I'm heading there this year. Come heck or high water

I've got a couple questions for those that have gone.

I put down the reservation through ticketmaster for $75 a seat a while ago and today they called me to select my seats. Never been to the x.

The gave me two options

Upper deck ends of exel for $80 total ($5 more per seat)

Lower level corners or the club level for $165 total ($90 more per seat)

1) anybody know what section you are in yet? Where is the best area for other SIOUX fans.

2) Is it worth it for the lower level?

Darn that's spendy but I can't wait. I will always regret not going to last years.

I was planning on going to the series @marriuci cupcake palace but this might eat all of my road trip budget for the year.

Personally I think club is the way to go, the view of the game up there is pretty awesome IMO. Lower level is a better option if you want the real "fan" experience with the rowdy crowds and whatnot. I'd stay away from the upper level, I think you're too far away from the good action way up there, plus as was said before it can be a ghost town up there at times. Either way you'll have a great time, Final Five has always been one of the funnest weekends of the year as a college hockey fan, the whole town is full of college hockey rubes the whole weekend.

True,but Sioux fans are much less obnoxious.

My first year at the Final Five (this year will be my 5th), I sat in Club, right in front of the SRO rail, where incredibly drunk and obnoxious UMD fans sat. So you can find those drunk and obnoxious fans in any fanbase. Needless to say, it's been lower level ever since. Haven't dealt too much with Gopher fans because they were only there 2 years I went and both times they lost their first game ;)

My first year at the Final Five (this year will be my 5th), I sat in Club, right in front of the SRO rail, where incredibly drunk and obnoxious UMD fans sat. So you can find those drunk and obnoxious fans in any fanbase. Needless to say, it's been lower level ever since. Haven't dealt too much with Gopher fans because they were only there 2 years I went and both times they lost their first game ;)

BWAHAHAHA!

We have been going for many years and have been sitting in the front row of the upper level at center ice. It is a great view and you can really see the plays develop. It has been a better view than some lower level seats. But, we will not be sitting there this year. We managed to get upgraded to the front row of club level close to center ice. :) Really looking forward to it, other than the fact that it is the last year of the Final Five as we know it.

And the drunk Wisconsin fans the first year I went with. Not that I'm even surprised they smuggled in flasks and were mixing drinks in their seats. The last two years hasn't been bad, even with the return of MN last year. Although, there is that jack wagon who sits about seven rows up from us and is constantly yelling and picking on UND fans around him. I still don't know how he's allowed to do that year-after-year.

Anyway, Siouxforce19, MissSioux and myself will be in 117. Third year renewing our seat location.

Not sure if it's the same as the game that I've seen there, but everyone gets a number 0-9 and whenever the clock stops, the person with the last number on the clock gets a dollar from everyone playing. So if the first whistle is at 19:37, the person who has 7 gets paid. Then it continues for the entire game.

Anyone ever seen the Big Fat guy that sits behind the one goal & gambles with everyone - Money going back & forth constantly - What are they betting on ?

I don't know these particular guys, but I've seen people play a game where each participant in your group picks a different number from 0-9 and keeps it for the game. Every time the last number on the game clock matches their number they get paid a buck (or whatever) from all the others. Payout is double or more if the stoppage is for a goal.

The club level has great views and in my view is much more desirable than the lower bowl. If you take the lower bowl make sure you are high enough to see over the glass. It really obstructs your views down the ice. The upper deck is fine also, that is where I usually sit. Outside of the gopher or sioux games you can sit in the lower bowl(plenty of open seats).

I don't know these particular guys, but I've seen people play a game where each participant in your group picks a different number from 0-9 and keeps it for the game. Every time the last number on the game clock matches their number they get paid a buck (or whatever) from all the others. Payout is double or more if the stoppage is for a goal.

I've played it but I don't think 0 is an available number, otherwise you would be guaranteed a winner at every period break...