SiouxSports.com Forum

FCS Playoffs

Cratter

One thing that Jensen doesn't get a lot of credit for is his ability to make plays running the ball. He doesn't have the "look" I suppose of a running QB, but there are times the past two seasons where he has been a major contributor there. Vigen and Bohl basically said he was getting the ball no matter what on the big 4th down play...and if you watch the replay he basically started lower his shoulder to bring it on at the 4 yard line.

I'm looking for one huge play from Marcus Williams in Frisco. He has to make up for this past weekend, possibly his worst as a Bison returning and defensively.

Jensen will leave NDSU as one of the greatest winners and will be compared to the QB greats of the 80s, but he play is now where near as instumental to the team's success as those guys.

As to Williams, he was brutal Friday and definately is much better than he showed on national TV.

SU will travel very well again so prabably more of a home game crowd for them...same teams as last year with probably same result as SU's D is too good to pick against.

LOL - I doubt you guys have any players that would make the 2 deep at NDSU beside a couple of recreivers.

You are correct. Conversely, none of the AC receivers would see the field for UND. If Smith could stay on the field I'd count him, but he can't stay healthy.

Jensen's legs have kept the FU offense moving much more efficiently than his arm, but those Bison fans who are saying that TD run was all him and he put the team on his back are doing a huge disservice to your line and the RB that cleared the path for him on that go ahead TD. He was barely touched. Not sure how GSU didn't key on him, everyone I was with called a QB keeper before the multiple timeout debacle.

Also, their punter was probably the unsung hero of this game. He boomed a few and put GSU in a bad spot more than once, particularly in the 4th quarter.

Massey (mratings.com) thinks SHSU v. NDSU is a 27-26 NDSU win.

Massey also has it at 48% chance of SHSU winning, 52% for NDSU.

Don't see SU giving up that many or scoring that many points unless defensive and special team TDs play a part in the total.

It appears that the Ag School and their beloved Coach Bohl may be parting after this season: http://coachingsearc...rch-ticker.html

I can see Bohl turning down MAC jobs, but I'd imagine it would be too tough for him to turn down a head coaching job at a Big 10 school ($$$).

I don't see BCS schools offering him.

It appears that the Ag School and their beloved Coach Bohl may be parting after this season: http://coachingsearc...rch-ticker.html

I can see Bohl turning down MAC jobs, but I'd imagine it would be too tough for him to turn down a head coaching job at a Big 10 school ($$$).

With back-to-back FCS title appearances he's going to get a few looks, when you consider Bohl will make about 300k (if he wins the title game) and crappy Idaho just hired the little Petrino for 340k base salary which could get to 546k with incentives there is a huge money spread out there.

It appears that the Ag School and their beloved Coach Bohl may be parting after this season: http://coachingsearch.com/coaching-search-ticker.html

Could you imagine Bohl coaching for Wisconsin going into Lincoln? I can see turning down MAC schools but you don't turn down BCS teams.

Massey (mratings.com) thinks SHSU v. NDSU is a 27-26 NDSU win.

Massey also has it at 48% chance of SHSU winning, 52% for NDSU.

Like I said a smash mouth tight game. Plus add OT for added drama. It is going to be a good game. Too bad they can't just play it this weekend instead of almost 3 weeks from now.

I don't know. My guess is SHSU scores 14-17. NDSU has only given up 3 TDs twice all season and I'm still not convinced their offense is better than GSU. Last year the crowd was 50/50, this time I expect about 70/30 NDSU with the early purchases. Its seems as though Vigen always pulls something out of his rear in big games as well, it's crazy.

Edit: Personally, in all big games this year I've gone with the theory that if NDSU scores 24 they will win. I will stick with that. Now, the IF portion....

Brian Kelly - Grand Valley to Central Michigan to Cincinnati to Notre Dame.

I believe he means directly from FCS to BCS. The only one I can think of is Jim Tressel. And not to be ticky tacky, but Kelly never coached in the FCS. Grand Valley(D-II), Central Michigan(FBS)

If Wisconsin wants him, go for it. Just makes the NDSU job all the more desirable. That said, I'd prefer if he'd stay.