SiouxSports.com Forum

North Dakota @ Alaska Fairbanks - Sat

AZSIOUX

Terrible loss...this should hurt us in the rankings. Missing players really don't matter Fairbanks is one terrible team. Wonder what happened we were average about 4-5 goals/game. Line combos seemed odd to me to begin with. Luck this is early.

This is one game I wish I hadn't paid to see. One hell of a half-ass performance by UND. Frankly looked like they didn't care for a large part of the game.

disgraceful hockey. Maybe they forgot how to skate?

Only 16 skaters playing in a time zone that puts them past midnight come the third period...after playing the previous night with only 15 skaters? Alaska brought it and we just couldn't keep up. We'll be ok.

• Upvote 1

Only 16 skaters playing in a time zone that puts them past midnight come the third period...after playing the previous night with only 15 skaters? Alaska brought it and we just couldn't keep up. We'll be ok.

Of course they have the POTENTIAL to be great. But, tonights performance was simply disgusting.

Gotta love UND hockey. Lose second game into the season and it's like it is the end of the world. Who am I kidding? That is how many people act for any loss in general here. Always enjoy seeing the many different reactions to losing. :lol:

Anyways, losing this game blows because of PWR implications later in the season. However, it ain't going to matter at all if the team can put together a good regular season the rest of the way like we all know they have the potential to do so.

• Upvote 1

We played like crap, its one game, who cares. We didn't generate much offense, I can't really explain why. We got the puck in the offensive zone but never really did anything with it. Just move on, its the second game of the year, our coach is Dave Hakstol, we will be a force this year.

For real? Nevermind, it's ok to lose to the team picked to finish 11th in the CCHA then. The world didn't end, but PWR doesn't care if it's the first game or the last.

No it doesn't. But if we win 25 games from here on out, this one game is gonna mean basically nothing at the end of the year.

This will be an excellent learning tool. A team that plays a very aggressive game on the big ice, and isn't afraid to throw the body. It's the way UND can and should play, once they have all of their players in the lineup and on the same page. Fairbanks played a pretty good game, limited mistakes, and deserved to win that one.

But if we win 25 games from here on out, this one game is gonna mean basically nothing at the end of the year.

Correct...problem is this won't be the only one we lose vs a team we should beat this year. It happens from time to time. But to compound it is UND rarely wins games it shouldn't or steals one on occasion. Nonetheless under the circumstances of this weekend and the travel a split isn't awful.

Guess I was surprised to see we got outshot badly after the clinic that was Friday's game.

Sweep next weekend and all is well.

• Upvote 2

If AA somehow happens to pull off a win this coming weekend that thread will be smoking.

When the gophers play this way, we say they are talented but soft.

I'm sure Hak will get them playing like they should, but it is difficult to see them lose so many puck battles.