SiouxSports.com Forum

2012 attendance

darell1976

that thread is pre NC (2007). The Bison were also in transition.

UND can look forward to improvements like NDSU has seen with a couple more pieces:

a good conference (done),

a winning team in a good conference (done after this weekend),

a conference championship (in the not-so-distant future) and

a national title run (on the horizon)

someone gets the point finally

• Upvote 2

Playing an 0-7 team.

I don't have attendance numbers from last time UND was #1 in football and played a bad team but every year the hockey team has at least 11,000 people in the seats for exhibition games or series against a terrible Michigan Tech team. 0-7 sounds like an excuse to me. You guys were 7-0 and just beat Minnesota, if the attendance wasn't pathetic the thread wouldn't have existed in the first place.

Back to the whole point of the link, UND football will continue to improve in the attendance department for the next couple of years as we regain our rightful national prominence.

• Upvote 3

I don't have attendance numbers from last time UND was #1 in football and played a bad team but every year the hockey team has at least 11,000 people in the seats for exhibition games or series against a terrible Michigan Tech team. 0-7 sounds like an excuse to me. You guys were 7-0 and just beat Minnesota, if the attendance wasn't pathetic the thread wouldn't have existed in the first place.

Back to the whole point of the link, UND football will continue to improve in the attendance department for the next couple of years as we regain our rightful national prominence.

You guys always try to compare yourselves to us and fail miserably every time. Did you see the 20 or 25 thousand Bison fans at the Dome for the MN game? Twice! We had 15,800 at the SUU game - so you're using that to explain your poor attendance this year? We're sold out for every game this year and we have more people tailgating than you average per fb game. I've talked to lots of hockey fans and they all say there are lots of open seats when playing bottom teams.

You guys always try to compare yourselves to us and fail miserably every time. Did you see the 20 or 25 thousand Bison fans at the Dome for the MN game? Twice! We had 15,800 at the SUU game - so you're using that to explain your poor attendance this year? We're sold out for every game this year and we have more people tailgating than you average per fb game. I've talked to lots of hockey fans and they all say there are lots of open seats when playing bottom teams.

And there are open seats in the dome but those tickets are still payed for correct? Its my hope that as conferencemate recognition improves and the team improves, attendance will as well. I guess we'll see. UNI wasn't seen as a heated game by FU fans until after the sideline incident. As a FU fan pointed out above, things like that take time.

Back to your post though, unless a lot of people were dressed as blue seatbacks against SIU this year, there were plenty of open seats in the Fargodome.

Soooooo, tell me what a sellout means to you. Seriously. I know it's hard to wrap your mind around concepts and thoughts and then attempt to comment on those 'thoughts' but really, you sold out every game this year?

Also for your hockey comment, notice how I didn't say they sellout against lower teams? Apparently not.

Soooooo, tell me what a sellout means to you. Seriously. I know it's hard to wrap your mind around concepts and thoughts and then attempt to comment on those 'thoughts' but really, you sold out every game this year?

Also for your hockey comment, notice how I didn't say they sellout against lower teams? Apparently not.

That's right SOLD OUT. The only tickets are the one's that the visiting team release (don't use) and they're available Friday morning.

Bohl, now in his 10th year, guided the team through a transition from NCAA Division II to a national title in their fourth year of eligibility. He has a 75-31 record, including 16-8 against nationally ranked FCS teams and 5-3 against Bowl Subdivision clubs.

"The most surprising number for Bohl, perhaps, is 18,700. That's roughly the number of tickets sold for six regular-season home games, culminating on Nov. 10 against rival South Dakota State."

"Did I think we would sell out every game? No, that's unheard of," Bohl said. "It's where we strive for. But now all of a sudden you get here and it's, wow, we're really here."

Why don't you wrap your mind around that!

That's right SOLD OUT. The only tickets are the one's that the visiting team release (don't use) and they're available Friday morning.

Bohl, now in his 10th year, guided the team through a transition from NCAA Division II to a national title in their fourth year of eligibility. He has a 75-31 record, including 16-8 against nationally ranked FCS teams and 5-3 against Bowl Subdivision clubs.

"The most surprising number for Bohl, perhaps, is 18,700. That's roughly the number of tickets sold for six regular-season home games, culminating on Nov. 10 against rival South Dakota State."

"Did I think we would sell out every game? No, that's unheard of," Bohl said. "It's where we strive for. But now all of a sudden you get here and it's, wow, we're really here."

Why don't you wrap your mind around that!

I didn't know every seat was filled for every home game for you guys. My bad, I must have confused you guys with someone else.

Geaux Sioux is right. Attendance will continue to climb, but UND has some disadvantages. No need to turn another thread into a circus, but legitimate comparisons between NDSU and UND are fair.

1. Conference mates-closest conference game is Montana State, UND will never get a large contingency from the away team. NDSU has SDSU, USD and UNI that aren't traditionally teams that travel well, but if the game ends up being meaningful are close enough to at least fill thier team's tickets.

2. Stadium size-What is the capacity of the Alerus? 13k I think? Compared to 19k.

3. Hockey first school-sometimes downplayed, but once hockey season rolls around UND fans tend to choose the hockey games if they have a limited budget for their entertainment.

For these reasons and others, NDSU will likely always have a better attendance on game day, but with winning comes people.

Low expectations in Fargo? Bohl didn't think he could sell 18,000 Seats for only a handfull of games in Fargo. Odd.

I think we all know expectations are anything but low in Fargo for the football team. He was obviously being modest for the media.

I was there the first day Coach Bohl ever stepped into an NDSU football practice, trust me when I tell you his expectations for the NDSU program have been as high as they can get from DAY 1.

Agreed, I have gotten to the point where I would like to see the game on the schedule every so often, just not every year.

I'm curious about your opinion on this: Who, in your mind, is NDSU's biggest rival in general? (meaning, not limited to one sport in particular, and not limited to just sports at all -- academics, student recruitment, etc.)?

Does anyone notice that Bison06 has conversations with himself. He is easy to entertain.

He's the one NDSU fan on this board that bring legit comments to conversations. He's not a troll. Just because he's an NDSU fan doesn't automatically make him a troll/douche. But I guess if you want to be a blind homer dbag like those on bisonville then by all means.

• Upvote 1

I'm curious about your opinion on this: Who, in your mind, is NDSU's biggest rival in general? (meaning, not limited to one sport in particular, and not limited to just sports at all -- academics, student recruitment, etc.)?

Clearly, in my mind, it is UND. The relationship between the two schools is so polarizing in the state for many reasons, including the ones you listed. But, growing up in ND and then playing in two NDSU v. UND games, I have seen how heated it can get. UND is clearly NDSU's rival institution. Right now, obviously we aren't playing in football and I would say our most heated rivalry in football in UNI. We have really developed some bad blood with them.

Anyway, I don't want to be the cause of a thread drift.