14 Dartmouth vs. 3 Miami

11 Niagara vs. 6 North Dakota

Manchester

15 Alaska vs. 4 Boston College

12 Denver vs. 5 New Hampshire

Providence

16 Boston University vs. 1 Quinnipiac

9 Yale vs. 8 St. Cloud State

Sioux-Gopher matchup on Thursday in Pittsburgh?

Boo. None of his projections ever have the Sioux headed to either Manchvegas or Providence, which would make it so much easier for me to attend.

I don't recall a #6 seed winning the entire tournament multiple times. Until a couple of years ago, that would have meant a team playing on the ROAD in the first round of the WCHA playoffs went on to win the whole thing. Anyone else want to chime in on this one? UMD was a 5 when they won it a few years ago and that's the lowest seed I remember...

Only 2 teams have won the tourney having to play 3 games to do it. UMD and UND and both of them had home ice the previous weekend to get there so I don't remember a team lower than 5th in regular season ever winning the MacNaughton.

Moy has his new Bracketology out:

http://www.uscho.com...to-the-bracket/

Grand Rapids

13 Notre Dame vs. 2 Minnesota

10 Minnesota State vs. 7 Western Michigan

Toledo

14 Dartmouth vs. 3 Miami

Manchester

Providence

We would be dam lucky to get that bracket.

Moy has his new Bracketology out:

http://www.uscho.com...to-the-bracket/

Grand Rapids

13 Notre Dame vs. 2 Minnesota

10 Minnesota State vs. 7 Western Michigan

Toledo

14 Dartmouth vs. 3 Miami

Manchester

Providence

I like that road to Pittsburgh!!

Team jerseys for the Hockey City Classic at Soldier Field

2d6p6bk.jpg

I'm sorry but those Miami jerseys are awful

Meh... in regards to the goofer jersey or any of their jerseys, there is absolutely no way in hell to make those colors look good. ick! Budish has a little Frankenstein thing going on there too. :ohmy:

Meh... in regards to the goofer jersey or any of their jerseys, there is absolutely no way in hell to make those colors look good. ick! Budish has a little Frankenstein thing going on there too. :ohmy:

Apparently the jersey covered up his neck bolts...:)

I think the Wisconsin ones are pretty sharp. The worst of the bunch is Notre Dame's. Typically, I like diagonal wordmarks and classic striping like on that ND jersey, but the problem I have with it is it doesn't really have a Notre Dame feel to it at all. It feels more like a High School type look and I really don't care for the white shoulder yokes.

I'm impartial to the Miami/Minnesota ones.

@SchlossmanGF: RT @smclaughlin9: BREAKING: BU's Alexx Privitera has been suspended for the rest of the season by the coaching staff.

@SchlossmanGF: Privitera is the player who hit a UND student in the head with his stick while in the penalty box earlier this year.

@SchlossmanGF: RT @smclaughlin9: BREAKING: BU's Alexx Privitera has been suspended for the rest of the season by the coaching staff.

@SchlossmanGF: Privitera is the player who hit a UND student in the head with his stick while in the penalty box earlier this year.

I guess karma made it's way back around to Mr. Privitera.

He was suspended two games for a kicking incident in Denver this year too, I wonder if something new happened or they're just tired of his crap.

EDIT: Actually he was tossed again Monday and waiting his 3rd suspension of the year for "intent to injure".

This guy needs some counseling. :crazy:

I don't recall a #6 seed winning the entire tournament multiple times. Until a couple of years ago, that would have meant a team playing on the ROAD in the first round of the WCHA playoffs went on to win the whole thing. Anyone else want to chime in on this one? UMD was a 5 when they won it a few years ago and that's the lowest seed I remember...

I think the closest a 1st-round road team has come to winning the Broadmoor recently was BSU in 2011. That year they were the #10 and upset #3 Omaha; then they beat Duluth in their Thursday play-in game only to lose to DU in the semis. They were more of a "Cinderella" that year than the AA team referenced previously.

He was suspended two games for a kicking incident in Denver this year too, I wonder if something new happened or they're just tired of his crap.

EDIT: Actually he was tossed again Monday and waiting his 3rd suspension of the year for "intent to injure".

So he now leaves school and signs woth vancouver?

• Upvote 1

And his ass kicked! Seriously what a POS. Trying to injure is as bad as it gets

• Upvote 1

Someone should send Tony Turgeon's aunt after him!

• Upvote 2

AA: 12-14-2 in the WCHA 16-18-3 overall

MN: 13-10-5 in the WCHA 16-14-6 overall

I recall that season and lots of local media were predicting Seawolves in the upset.

Ok...you made my point. That record is average in terms of the talent (on paper). Can't always win them all but if I was betting I would take the goofs over AA any day. Lets get real.

Ok...you made my point. That record is average in terms of the talent (on paper). Can't always win them all but if I was betting I would take the goofs over AA any day. Lets get real.

Actually, I didn't. Minnesota had 31 league points and AA had 26. The records were similar - I didn't say Alaska was the better team, I simply stated that record-wise, they were close.

How many first-round series' has UND played over the years against Mankato, Michigan Tech, and others that wound up going three games because the Sioux managed to lose one at home? I also pointed out that several folks here in the local media in 2011 were actually PREDICTING a Seawolves upset over the Gophers. There was just something missing in Minnesota's mo-jo that year.

National scoring race update....Carey and Flanagan 1 point each for st law. Haula 1 point so far and gaudreau no points. Walters still to play later at Uaa while CK, DK and Leblanc all off this weekend to round out top 8.