SiouxSports.com Forum

College Hockey 2012/13 (non UND Hockey)

AZSIOUX

The gophers have quite a long stretch of games at home. UAH and BC for the Mooch classic, Notre Dame for a game and then UAA for the weekend series and next up is UND. Must be tough to never leave your back yard. They will have to go on the road sooner or later.

LOL...as if playing BC and Notre Dame is like scheduling St Thomas Academy and Hill-Murray. I guess I didn't realize the Gophers' entire 2012-2013 schedule was entirely at Mariucci Arena.

Very tough to swallow as they seem to have a nice team this season down in Kato. Uw hast lost since Kerdilies (sp?) served his NCAA suspension I believe

Ugh, this was a tough weekend. MSU didn't play all that well and was still in the thick of it. Add to that some of the strangest officiating I have ever seen in my life and I left the rink shaking my head.

Ugh, this was a tough weekend. MSU didn't play all that well and was still in the thick of it. Add to that some of the strangest officiating I have ever seen in my life and I left the rink shaking my head.

Seems to be something that plagues the WCHA every frickin' weekend in almost every arena.

Yes, we know it was a WCHA series with WCHA officials. ;):D:sad:

Good point. This one was especially strange though. We had goalie sitting in the penalty box, a goalie getting run and then nothing being called and a disallowed goal that no one other than the refs and WI beat writers seem to think was a good call. Very strange. I'm glad it was my college buddy reunion weekend and I had copious amounts of alcohol in me.

What do you mean Budish? He's had a pretty poor college career. He's just a big body and that's it, not a lot skill there. He should have played in the USHL right after high school for a year to develop, instead was rushed in at the U of M coming right out of high school. Then, he had the "infamous moped" accident that sidelined him for an entire year.

He's not a very good player. He'd be a third line player on this year's Sioux squad with everyone in the lineup and healthy, if that.

Haula, on the other hand is a player. He's pretty good. No question.

Had these comments bookmarked for awhile now. Budish was one of the more complete players on the ice this weekend. I hope you understand how completely wrong your take was.

• Upvote 1

Had these comments bookmarked for awhile now. Budish was one of the more complete players on the ice this weekend. I hope you understand how completely wrong your take was.

Great we got your point, Budish was "awesome" this past weekend.

He did have a good series no question. I think the knock, if you will, on Budish is that he hasn't been consistent. Let's see how he does the rest of the season.

He did have a good series no question. I think the knock, if you will, on Budish is that he hasn't been consistent. Let's see how he does the rest of the season.

Buddish will have a good couple years in Austria before accepting a position as assistant rink manager in two harbors.

• Upvote 2

Buddish will have a good couple years in Austria before accepting a position as assistant rink manager in two harbors.

You do realize that making idiotic statements like this destroy any credibility you would have here to discuss and be taken seriously about college hockey.

There was a reason that UND recruited him as hard as they did. Him and Condon are what used to be and still is the stereotypical Sioux power forward.

Budish will have a 8-10 year career in the NHL....bookmark that. ;)

#1 Qinnipiac beats uconn 2-1

Would like to play quinnipiac in the NCAA! See what they are all about.

Michigan state loses to usau18 team 3-0. Mich and mich state are awful this season.

Union beats Harvard 4-1, union falling a bit in pairwise

Yeah I agree, Budish is a very good player. I bet he sees some NHL time with how big he is, not top 6 but he'll be a decent 3rd or 4th liner.

You do realize that making idiotic statements like this destroy any credibility you would have here to discuss and be taken seriously about college hockey.

There was a reason that UND recruited him as hard as they did. Him and Condon are what used to be and still is the stereotypical Sioux power forward.

Budish will have a 8-10 year career in the NHL....bookmark that. ;)

I wouldn't bet the farm on 8-10 years....but I also believe he makes it to the Show, as previosly mentioned. He's 6'2 225+ with decent hands and a hard shot.....that's pretty much an NHL 3rd/4th liner.

Budish is slightly shy of a point per game (.92 PPG)....that's not terrible. To play devil's advocate, how many Sioux players average a point per game. I know you're all die hard Sioux fans, but please, don't have these Goofer trolls hanging around this forum think you're an idiot too.