SiouxSports.com Forum

Week 5 Already? vs Cal Poly

geaux_sioux

It is nice to have an 8 game conference stretch instead of 4. What a unique concept of having more conference games instead of OOC games. While the Great West was a great small conference it sure is nice to be part of a large conference that just happens to be one of the best in the FCS. Glad UND is part if it with us.

I second that, this is awesome. This weekend's game is going to be a very fun game, as the previous 4 have.

Key Stat of the Day: Protecting/Pressuring the QB. Neither team is particularly effective.

UND Offense- Sacks Allowed-National Rank #80-4 games-10 sacks-2.5 sacks/game-41 yds lost

Poly Defense-Sacks-National Rank #87-3 games-3 sacks-1 sack/game-11 yds lost

One of these teams needs to step up and control this aspect of the game. If Poly can't pressure the QB, they will not win this game. IMHO.

http://www.grandfork...icle/id/245822/

The Mustangs, who are 3-0 for the first time since 2006, are led by quarterback Andre Broadous and running back Deonte Williams. Broadous rushed for 162 yards and two touchdowns against UND last season.

Williams is averaging 8.1 yards per carry this year and leads the Big Sky with 161.3 rushing yards per game.

“I think right now they’re thinking they’re a team to beat in this conference,” Walsh said. “They have lots of guys who’ve played lots of games in a row for them. That makes it tough in the Alerus.

“It should be rocking Saturday night. We’ll see which one of us remains undefeated in the Big Sky.”

Walsh might not recognize UND’s pass offense, which has transformed from a struggling group to the Football Championship Subdivision’s No. 1 pass efficiency offense.

A year ago, UND starter Joey Bradley was 4-for-17 for 65 yards with two interceptions against Cal Poly.

Ugh, I'd almost forgotten how terrible he truly was....

• Upvote 1

Key Stat of the Day: Protecting/Pressuring the QB. Neither team is particularly effective.

UND Offense- Sacks Allowed-National Rank #80-4 games-10 sacks-2.5 sacks/game-41 yds lost

Poly Defense-Sacks-National Rank #87-3 games-3 sacks-1 sack/game-11 yds lost

One of these teams needs to step up and control this aspect of the game. If Poly can't pressure the QB, they will not win this game. IMHO.

I do agree that Poly needs to get the QB, but I think the key stat is 3rd down conversions. Poly is all about ball control and eating up the clock. UND needs to get Poly off the field when they have 3rd and 3 or 3rd and 4. If they do, I think UND wins.

The offense puts together its first real complete game, running and passing the ball. Hendrickson plays better than he did against Sac State, and Hardin puts up big numbers. Sutton reverts to 2009 Sutton against Poly and get 100+ yards. The Defense builts on their second half success and continues to improve, but not quite to where we want it to be. With 11,000 people attending, the crowd plays a major factor and UND goes to 2-0 in Big Sky play and can check off the 1st of 5 big games in a row

UND 37

Poly 24

Roughly did the math, and if you include 3 full student sections, you have about 10,462 tickets unavailable for this game.

I was told today that there are ~1100 student tickets remaining. Very surprising after the last two games, especially considering the opponent.

as far as the game goes, i think this is the one we drop at home. cal poly 38, UND 27

Vegas gives the home field advantage -3 points in NFL games...unless the game is played in Seattle, :glare: (yes I'm still bitter) and the Al Saturday will be worth at least -3 points for the good guys. Marcus isn't going 4 for 17 so unless we give up 400+ on the ground, I'm not saying I'm just saying, UND wins by double digits.

I was told today that there are ~1100 student tickets remaining. Very surprising after the last two games, especially considering the opponent.

as far as the game goes, i think this is the one we drop at home. cal poly 38, UND 27

That student ticket comment seems to contradict what someone said earlier in the thread...

Student tickets for this game have been flying. Ticket office in the union say just over 300 tickets were left to sell in their office

Did 800 students give their tickets back?

There will be between 9,000 to 10,000 for the game and most games for years to come. Dont get the lets guess the attendance for every game.

As we keep winning and the word "playoffs" become more in our vocabulary a lot more people will show up. 10,000 for Cal Poly, maybe 10,500-11k for NAU (homecoming), and then 12,000 for Montana. If we win all those games our last game against SUU could be for a title and if it is....12,500-sellout!