SiouxSports.com Forum

Eight Bison football players charged

darell1976

I'll go on record right now as a Bison fan and say I think he deserves a 2-3 game suspension.

Regardless of what happens with the resisting arrest charge?

Bison06 might be on to something here - if I'm NDSU, I'd be excessively pissed that Beck is putting himself and NDSU in this spotlight yet again.... I guess I'd send a message to him if it were up to me. Especially given the fiasco last year with petition-gate.

Bison06 might be on to something here - if I'm NDSU, I'd be excessively pissed that Beck is putting himself and NDSU in this spotlight yet again.... I guess I'd send a message to him if it were up to me. Especially given the fiasco last year with petition-gate.

Gene Taylor has proven over and over that he doesn't give a sh*t.

I like how Lakes is attacking everybody on facebook who says the charges being dropped is bs. What a great ambassador for ndsu, he represents so well.

Even before the charges were dropped he was screaming that 2 days in jail was enough punishment. I guess Lakes should know about getting in trouble with the law.

If the resisting arrest was neither of violent nor sexual in nature and not drug related there will be no suspension.

I say 1 game. They did suspend Ojuri for the voter fraud due to having a record.

Even with charges dropped doesn't this tarnish NDSU's reputation by players breaking the law every single year. And not just little things but assault, theft, fraud, indecent exposure. What's next?

Even if the charges are dropped doesn't make the charactor and integrity issues go away.

Even if the charges are dropped doesn't make the charactor and integrity issues go away.

Tomorrow on the Chistopher Gabrial Program on WDAY radio from 11am -2pm he is going to talk the current "culture" of NDSU football with the recent off field incidents the past few years. I would like to know if Bohl is going to get an iron fist on his players or leave things alone and hope it disappears.

Tomorrow on the Chistopher Gabrial Program on WDAY radio from 11am -2pm he is going to talk the current "culture" of NDSU football with the recent off field incidents the past few years. I would like to know if Bohl is going to get an iron fist on his players or leave things alone and hope it disappears.

I'm sure Lakes and Bisonville will organize a call in to attack Gabriel on the air.

I like how Lakes is attacking everybody on facebook who says the charges being dropped is bs. What a great ambassador for ndsu, he represents so well.

Why give that dipshit any attention? He was kicked out of Teammakers. How is he relevant?

I'm sure Craig Bohl knows if he needs a suspension or not. They don't need to give him a suspension because of other player's transgressions. Go ahead and say he has a record. He has a minor. Get over it. Unreal how big of deal people make about a minor. Most minors have the same effect on someone as being on the honor roll sophomore year in high school. I bet he knows the gravity of what he did, but it was a bar fight. Should he probably cool it alcohol? For sure, but don't crucify him for it.

Linking him to the reason this thread started is ridiculously unfair, also. Resisting arrest after a drunk fight compared to an act corrosive to the principals of great country don't deserve to be in the same thread.

• Upvote 2

Yeah I'm not sure why Travis needs to be punished because CB and GT screwed up the petition thing. I do think Bohl needs to send a message to Travis because this is the second time he has got himself into this kind of situation but you can make that point without having to suspend him.

If anyone needs to be taught a lesson it is the media, who decided to hang this kid before the facts came out.

I'm sure Craig Bohl knows if he needs a suspension or not. They don't need to give him a suspension because of other player's transgressions. Go ahead and say he has a record. He has a minor. Get over it. Unreal how big of deal people make about a minor. Most minors have the same effect on someone as being on the honor roll sophomore year in high school. I bet he knows the gravity of what he did, but it was a bar fight. Should he probably cool it alcohol? For sure, but don't crucify him for it.

Linking him to the reason this thread started is ridiculously unfair, also. Resisting arrest after a drunk fight compared to an act corrosive to the principals of great country don't deserve to be in the same thread.

He has more than a minor he has resisting arrest so this will be his second time with that charge.

Yeah I'm not sure why Travis needs to be punished because CB and GT screwed up the petition thing. I do think Bohl needs to send a message to Travis because this is the second time he has got himself into this kind of situation but you can make that point without having to suspend him.

If anyone needs to be taught a lesson it is the media, who decided to hang this kid before the facts came out.

This poor guy has been vilified hasn't he?

This is his second resisting arrest charge and he's lucky to get off with only that. He admitted to punching the guy until he went down unconscious. What would have happened if the guy he was punching was killed?

It's been mentioned a few times in this thread there's a real culture problem for the footballs players down at the at college. Seriously wouldn't surprise me if Taylor and bohl decide not to punish beck and the problem only grows.

Beck has had a run in w the law prior to this at SU. He sent a guy to the hospital due to a violent act...period. He also then turtled from the cops. Regardless of anything else no suspension of any kind would be a total lack of accountability in the big picture for Beck. GT has zero stones though. What a tool!!