SiouxSports.com Forum

Eight Bison football players charged

darell1976

As long as he continues to commit crimes in the GF/Fargo area, he deserves to be called a former UND player. It's a shame that he broke the law. It's good he got caught and he deserves any punishment coming. Hopefullly, he learns and gets his act together. There's a whole lot more life to live for most 23-year-olds.

Feel free to keep moping about it.

What strike is this for Beck? You would have thought he would have learned his lesson when he got punished for running from the law last time. Those extra wind sprints after practice must not have been enough.

Glad to hear the individual who was in the fight with him was not in the hospital as of late Monday, but I'm not going to pretend that Mr. Beck is the only one at fault in this ordeal. It takes two to tango.

What strike is this for Beck? You would have thought he would have learned his lesson when he got punished for running from the law last time. Those extra wind sprints after practice must not have been enough.

Who knows. If he is indeed guilty of what he is being accused of, I don't want him on the team. I don't think many NDSU fans would. Even if he was provoked, or had a good reason, he still should realize that he is an exceptionally talented football player on a national championship caliber team. I'll let the courts figure that out, if this dude punched him first, then I feel like Mr. Beck has at least a reason to pound on him.

I dont know how many minors he has gotten, I don't think that minors are a big deal, I am the same age as him. Fun fact, kids drink nowadays just like they did when posters on here were young. Kids run. I ran when I got a minor, I was just lucky enough to not get charged with fleeing or resisting. I believe he ended up getting that charge dropped.

Glad to hear the individual who was in the fight with him was not in the hospital as of late Monday, but I'm not going to pretend that Mr. Beck is the only one at fault in this ordeal. It takes two to tango.

Beck has nothing to prove.

To the NDSU fans reading this: Don't you wish he just walked away.

Well, I'd hope for his sake the video shows the other guy came at him, in which case, that gentleman is an idiot for wanting to go at it with an NDSU linebacker.

And yes, I wish he'd just walked away, unless that wasn't an option, which without knowing details I can't imagine it was NOT an option.

Just talked to a kid who was downtown the other night this took place. He said he saw a circle of people similar to a 1980's movie high school fight. He didn't see what was going on, for all he knew he said it could have been something completely unrelated. If this was a fair fight between two dumb drunks, I'd have to feel at least a little bad for Mr. Beck, not his fault he is a tough son of a gun in that case ;)

Well, I'd hope for his sake the video shows the other guy came at him, in which case, that gentleman is an idiot for wanting to go at it with an NDSU linebacker.

And yes, I wish he'd just walked away, unless that wasn't an option, which without knowing details I can't imagine it was NOT an option.

Just talked to a kid who was downtown the other night this took place. He said he saw a circle of people similar to a 1980's movie high school fight. He didn't see what was going on, for all he knew he said it could have been something completely unrelated. If this was a fair fight between two dumb drunks, I'd have to feel at least a little bad for Mr. Beck, not his fault he is a tough son of a gun in that case ;)

As to your last sentence, it has been clearly established on this site that no one... and I mean no one...is tougher than Tony's aunt!

Just a sad ordeal... someone gets total worked over to the tune he is hospitalized and someone doesn't have enough common sense not to ruin a college athletic career.

Wait...GT just tweeted Beck is indefinitely suspend for the 1st quarter of the 1st game. All is well at the AC.

Carry on...

As to your last sentence, it has been clearly established on this site that no one... and I mean no one...is tougher than Tony's aunt!

Just a sad ordeal... someone gets total worked over to the tune he is hospitalized and someone doesn't have enough common sense not to ruin a college athletic career.

Wait...GT just tweeted Beck is indefinitely suspend for the 1st quarter of the 1st game. All is well at the AC.

Carry on...

I just read that the suspension for the first quarter of the first game comes with a clause. Only when the Bison have the ball.

Here is the part I love from Calliou's article on Beck:

The felony assault charge for a Bison football player is a first in Bohl’s 10 years at NDSU.

LMFAO! Did he really need to add that in there? So now we are breaking out all felonies into categories and showing which one's have been filled and which haven't? He never ceases to amaze me. :silly:

Here is the part I love from Calliou's article on Beck:

The felony assault charge for a Bison football player is a first in Bohl’s 10 years at NDSU.

LMFAO! Did he really need to add that in there? So now we are breaking out all felonies into categories and showing which one's have been filled and which haven't? He never ceases to amaze me. :silly:

It's a new landmark for bohl. He should definately be making more than hakstol! Lol

• Upvote 1

Even I'm surprised at the amount of spin and justifications that are being thrown out by some FU fans (there are some who are logically thinking as well). I see a few of them have already turned to their favorite tactic of digging up as much dirt on the other party as possible and posting it on the internet making the other party out to be the bad guy regardless of what actually happened. No speculation allowed either, unless of course its a scenario where the FU player is the victim. While I have no inside info or sources, I think the fact that the NDSU player was still in jail as of late yesterday and the other party wasn't charged says a fair amount about the situation.

Does anyone think it would matter for Becks sake how many punches he threw? If the other guy has a glass jaw and was dropped with one shot then is it really worth a felony charge? If he hit him repeatedly after he was down then it would be a totally different situation correct?

I'm not saying I defend the guy but eye whiteness reports are so unreliable it's crazy and that's all we're relying on for our insight as of now so this whole thing could be worse or not as big a deal as it seems right now.

• Upvote 1

Does anyone think it would matter for Becks sake how many punches he threw? If the other guy has a glass jaw and was dropped with one shot then is it really worth a felony charge? If he hit him repeatedly after he was down then it would be a totally different situation correct?

Not sure if it matters, but the Forum article says it was more than one shot, including Beck saying he hit him more than once.

Travis Beck, 21, is accused of striking 24-year-old Matthew Aanenson several times, knocking him unconscious in the 600 block of NP Avenue, according to a Fargo police report.

Beck told police Aanenson tried “to push or punch him.” Beck said he hit back until Aanenson fell to the ground, according to the police report.