SiouxSports.com Forum

2014 Recruiting

UND Fan

http://siouxfb.areav...ekend-we-think/

So supposedly no recruits are coming to town this weekend. That really disappoints me if true. It is always nice to show them a hockey game but now only the kids who come on the weekend of the 18th will be able to see a game. Oh well I guess.

There will be at least one recruit in this weekend per Bubba at the luncheon today. Sounded like whoever it is will be the only one though.

There will be at least one recruit in this weekend per Bubba at the luncheon today. Sounded like whoever it is will be the only one though.

At one point just before Bubba was hired LB Blake Emsick out of Omaha noted he was visiting this weekend. Not sure if he is or not. He seemed really excited about UND and was one I thought we would get. Has an offer from Weber State and PWO/regular walk on opportunity at Rutgers I believe.

I was looking forward to a recruiting weekend but after stepping back and looking at it I don't mind waiting until next weekend. Hopefully get a couple more pieces of the coaching staff in place and let these kids know who they will be playing for. Also give another week to evaluate our needs. Hopefully the recruit in this weekend enjoys his weekend and things get off to a good start.

I believe only if they were to transfer from an FCS school or D2 school. A JUCO or FBS transfer shouldn't have to sit out if I recall correctly.

Thanks!! I remember Braden Hanson didn't sit out transferring from North Carolina but didn't know who sits out and who doesn't.

Just made a lot of updates to Wiki but have no idea if all of this is "old news" or not. There is supposed to be a JC OT viviting this weekend:

Jerhen Ertel, 6'6", 280, Bagdad (Glendale JC), AZ (2 Star - Scout) Has offers from GA St, IN St & S UT

Ertel has committed to Boise State.

SFI tweet mentioned coaches made visits to verbal Deion Harris & offeree Ezra Szczyrbak from Moose Lake-Willow River (Disterhaupt's school) lately.

According to Szczyrbak's twitter, it looks like he is visiting UNI this weekend.

http://www.duluthnewstribune.com/event/article/id/288123/

There’s no doubt that Moose Lake-Willow River lineman Ezra Szczyrbak will play college football, but it remains to be seen where. He will make recruiting trips to North Dakota State, North Dakota, Northern Iowa and possibly Western Illinois in the coming weeks before making a final decision.