• Pittsburgh Penguins
    • Minnesota Wild
    • Winnipeg Jets
    • Los Angeles Kings
    • Toronto Maple Leafs
    • Philadelphia Flyers
    • Detroit Red Wings
    • The Rest of The Field

Years are key for anyones contract. That is the advantage that the Wild had being under the cap so much. Signing a deal that is going set him up for the rest of his career is very appealing to Parise and Suter. that is a big reason they signed. Parise is a type of player tha will be good for a very long time. Even into his late 30's. So signing a 13 year deal is not a bad move at all.

I understand you are upset about your guy leaving your team. Would probably act the same way if it would have been PArise leaving the Wild to go somewhere else. But really in the end it came down to Minnesota or New Jersey. Gotta give Parise a little credit for the loyalty he showed New Jersey. He didn't consider Chicago, Detroit, Philly, etc. New Jersy was on the short list even till the end. As A Wild fan I cheered for Parise and the Devils all the time. Especially this year in the playoffs. You can still be a Devils fan. they are still a great team. Hopefully you can still cheer for Parise in Minnesota.

With the way he plays, as he gets older injuries will be a concern with him and I don't see him keeping up his high level of play as he ages. I was a Devils fan prior to him and I will continue to be one after him but I will no longer cheer for him.

What's with this Merica crap - It's America. Parise and Suter are American not Merican's Jesus Christ.

Haha it's from the movie Team America World Police

You hit that on the head. They have the ugliest jerseys in hockey. I still don't think that I can cheer for the Wild despite Zach and Matt Cullen (a great guy) because: (1) ugly uniforms; (2) same fan base as the Gophers; (3) Kevin Gorg, Wally Shaver, PA, etc.

I actually don't mind the Wild's uniforms, although I will admit it could be better with a different color scheme. I personally think they have one of the best, if not the best logo in the NHL

Did you cheer for UND in the hockey regionals this year even though you probably thought the new jerseys were bad? Do you cheer for the Vikings/Twins/Wolves/etc? they have the same fanbase as gopher fans too!! Kevin Gorg is on the broacast of Wild games maybe for a total of 10 minutes a game. And not liking a team because of an announcer?? Seriosly?

I am a fan of the team and the players that play on it. Everything else is secondary. The Wild will be fine without yuo. Go cheer for a team with a pretty jersey that you like if that is the basis for what teams you cheer for!! Pathetic!!!

To answer your question, NO I do not cheer for the Vikings/Twins/Wolves. I don't like the Vikings and never have, mostly because of its fan base and announcers (they also have ugly uniforms). I don't mind the Twins, but I could care less about professional baseball because the team with the most money typically has the most success (see Yankees and Red Sox), and never watch the Wolves or any NBA basketball. The Wild are a boring, losing franchise with ugly uniforms, and I don't feel any loyalty simply because they in Minnesota. I have more loyalty to the Jets because their owner is a very good friend of mine. I have been a Red Wings fan ever since Norm Greed jettisoned the North Stars to Dallas and I could care less about the Wild or any other Minnesota team. I am a loyal Wings fan, and they will still beat the Wild regardless of whether the Wild have Parise and Suter. I am a loyal Sioux fan and always will be, which has absolutely nothing to do with cheering for the Wild. I like Jon Toews a lot too, but I would never cheer for the Blackhawks, although I like them better than the Wild. Even with Parise and Suter, they are a marginal playoff team. Is that good enough for you?

Haha it's from the movie Team America World Police

If you saw the twitter feed that I saw yesterday you wouldn't post that again - it was posted in an America haters twitter feed. It's America - lots of great men and women died to protect this country.

To answer your question, NO I do not cheer for the Vikings/Twins/Wolves. I don't like the Vikings and never have, mostly because of its fan base and announcers (they also have ugly uniforms). I don't mind the Twins, but I could care less about professional baseball because the team with the most money typically has the most success (see Yankees and Red Sox), and never watch the Wolves or any NBA basketball. The Wild are a boring, losing franchise with ugly uniforms, and I don't feel any loyalty simply because they in Minnesota. I have more loyalty to the Jets because their owner is a very good friend of mine. I have been a Red Wings fan ever since Norm Greed jettisoned the North Stars to Dallas and I could care less about the Wild or any other Minnesota team. I am a loyal Wings fan, and they will still beat the Wild regardless of whether the Wild have Parise and Suter. I am a loyal Sioux fan and always will be, which has absolutely nothing to do with cheering for the Wild. I like Jon Toews a lot too, but I would never cheer for the Blackhawks, although I like them better than the Wild. Even with Parise and Suter, they are a marginal playoff team. Is that good enough for you?

That's fine. You can cheer for whoever you want, and have your opinion of the look of a jersey too. Nothing wrong with that. But saying that the Wild are not a playoff contender next year??? Now that is crazy talk. Before they were plagued with ingurins last year, they were the best team in hockey. Adding two of the best players in the game is only going to make them better.

As a Red Wings fan, I do understand why you would think that they aren't a threat. Parise and Suter told Detroit they didn't want to play for them. Red Wings are getting to be one of the oldest teams in the NHL. the Wld got 2 of the best players in the NHL at the age of 27. they also have great young players like Granland and Zucker that are oly going to get better playing with these guys.

Looking foward for the Wild to knock off the Wings in the playoffs next year!! :)

Just got home from the Hockey Lodge with my new Parise jersey, I was the first one there got the green jersey. It was exciting. A lot of people walking around the X with big smiles on their faces Exciting times.

• Upvote 1

As a Devils fan it is both a sad and happy day for me. I love Parise, but not for that contract and skill-set. He is a great player and I wouldn't have minded a 6-7 year deal a 7mil per but anymore of each is just to much. He is the leagues best garbage man for goals, what I mean by that is he doesn't have a great or even good shot and he rarely beats someone 1 on 1 on a consistent basis. He gets most of his goals by crashing and banging around the net and playing at 110 miles an hour all the time. I just don't think giving a player like that a contract until he is 40 is the smartest thing in the world to do. I wish him the best in Minnesota but I will no longer call myself a fan of his.

You are right that Zach doesn't shoot like say Kovalchuk, but he does have a knack for the net...always has...and the last I heard, 75 mph five hole shots from the low slot still counted the same as bar down 100 mph bullets from the top of the circle. Zach was always a playmaker more than a finisher at UND, and I think he continued that in the NHL. Just a side note, it is IMPOSSIBLE to score 30+ goals in the NHL consistently over 5-6 years by just playing at a million miles an hour. Zach shoots the puck where the goalie is not...when you do that you score...whether or not is a water bottle shot or a trickler on the ice.

Just got home from the Hockey Lodge with my new Parise jersey, I was the first one there got the green jersey. It was exciting. A lot of people walking around the X with big smiles on their faces Exciting times.

Post a picture of that!! I think there are many of us Wild fans who are itching to see his name on a Wild sweater!!

What does one of them cost? Yeah if you can post a picture of it on line that would be awesome...

Edited by Goon

are they authentics?

Looking for the last time a former NDSU athelete signed a pro contract worth 98 million dollars.....having touble finding one :)

Maybe you could add them all up? :whistling:

But seriously it's apples and oranges which is why I always laugh whenever the Bison rubes try and compare the caliber of football they(and UND) plays versus UND hockey. It is a whole different level of athlete.

Maybe you could add them all up? :whistling:

But seriously it's apples and oranges which is why I always laugh whenever the Bison rubes try and compare the caliber of football they(and UND) plays versus UND hockey. It is a whole different level of athlete.

comparing apples to apples Chris Kuper got a 5 year 25.5 mil contract extension and is a top guard in the NFL while Joe Mays got a 3 year 12 mil contract and is a solid and productive NFL linebacker. I guess we win that one.

"I hope the fans can forgive me for not playing for the Gophers" - Zach Parise

I think they will!!

Had Parise accomplished anything at UND while he was there it would be tougher for Gopher fans to cheer for him. For obvious reasons Gopher fans look back at those couple years with fondness, not bitterness.

Had Parise accomplished anything at UND while he was there it would be tougher for Gopher fans to cheer for him. For obvious reasons Gopher fans look back at those couple years with fondness, not bitterness.

Well....if you had Parise in 2004, maybe the Gophers would have won a Championship that year as well!!! :)