SiouxSports.com Forum

UND/Midco 5 year contract

GeauxSioux

I have a question for everyone...is the Root Sports deal exclusive to Root Sports Rocky Mountain? If so, that could be a problem in Montana's largest city. Their biggest cable provider, Bresnan, offers Root Sports Seattle on their cable package...just curious I guess.

My understanding from back when it was released was that all 3 Root channels (Seattle, Rockey Mountain, Pittsburgh?) will air the Big Sky game.

Free to Air......I believe it refers to those old satellite dishes that are as big as a house. They were common-place during the 1980's.

the old big ones are still needed to pick up low frequency channels (known as C band). High frequency (KU band) can be picked up with 80 cm and larger dishes (slightly larger than directtv size), although the directtv size will work.

the old big ones are still needed to pick up low frequency channels (known as C band). High frequency (KU band) can be picked up with 80 cm and larger dishes (slightly larger than directtv size), although the directtv size will work.

Bigger (dish size that is) is better in this case... :)

Hey sprig or any other FTA users----when we will find out from UND if hockey games will be on FTA? Don't we usually know by now? Would the REA be able to tell us? Thanks!

The REA no longer has anything to do with it, it's up to Midco. Unlikely we'll know until one of us blind scans in a feed for the first televised football game. Doubt that, even if it is FTA, we'll get any information on satellite, transponder, etc, like we used to. Check out the message boards for the first midco football game telecast, then start scanning satellites and check out the message boards to see if somone has found it.

was darrin looker (sp?) the pa guy at rea a candidate?

Looker? Have you heard him do the womens games? Maybe I'm spoiled by years and years of Hennessy, but ... pass.

I can honestly say I missed Dan Hammer doing UND Football. I'm glad he's back.

• Upvote 1

Yes, Jake found a feed last year.

Last year I was able to get some Midco ITC. The Summit League basketball tourney from Sioux Falls was ITC last year. Root Sports was also ITC last year but I haven't tried to find it this year. Fall is the best time with all the college football games on FTA. Hopefully we will find out soon?

Last year I was able to get some Midco ITC. The Summit League basketball tourney from Sioux Falls was ITC last year. Root Sports was also ITC last year but I haven't tried to find it this year. Fall is the best time with all the college football games on FTA. Hopefully we will find out soon?

What's ITC?