SiouxSports.com Forum

UND/Midco 5 year contract

GeauxSioux

Although I originally thought that UND had one year left on the Fox College Sports deal, the fact that Midco is televising the football opener but it is not on any of the FCS schedules, has me doubting this assumption.............................. :sad:

They are still replaying several North Dakota events throughout August, so maybe there is a chance.

I guess one option that has been mentioned but seems to be overlooked by many (including myself) is Big Sky TV. They will carry 9 of North Dakota's 11 football games this year and will do so for free. I've actually had pretty good luck watching Big Sky TV over the last 3 years or so. They should also have every single home men's or women's basketball game and every road Big Sky game.

The real problem is hockey. Personally, I find webcasts of hockey to be virtually unwatchable.

I guess one option that has been mentioned but seems to be overlooked by many (including myself) is Big Sky TV. They will carry 9 of North Dakota's 11 football games this year and will do so for free. I've actually had pretty good luck watching Big Sky TV over the last 3 years or so. They should also have every single home men's or women's basketball game and every road Big Sky game.

The real problem is hockey. Personally, I find webcasts of hockey to be virtually unwatchable.

Technical question: I am in the market for a new TV. I typically don't watch games streamed through the internet but probably will with Big SKy TV. Question. I know I can hook up my computer to the TV monitor and watch that way. Is it possible or are there advantages/disadvantages to getting a Smart TV? With a Smart TV can I just go to Big SKy TV and watch without having to hook up a computer to the TV? Any clarity issues one way or the other? Thanks.

Does anyone know if Cable One in Fargo will be carring any UND games? I know they were trying to work something out but I never heard what happened.

Being that Cable One is a monopoly and can pretty much tell customers to take or leave it, they are probably holding out on Midcontinent to get the best deal possible. And if our games end up not being on Cable One, well, Cable One customers know where the door is.......... :angry:

Being that Cable One is a monopoly and can pretty much tell customers to take or leave it, they are probably holding out on Midcontinent to get the best deal possible. And if our games end up not being on Cable One, well, Cable One customers know where the door is.......... :angry:

I heard with the Midco deal Cable One was trying to work something out to get games shown on their channel like when UND was using the UNDSN (FSSN). I hope they do or else I have to rely on Fox College Sports, radio, or Big Sky Tv on the internet.

Starkweather, ND.

You're not too far out there! Shooting birds up that way would be fun;-). First thing you'd need is a good clear view to the southern sky. I just completed my setup with a hd receiver and a motor. Psb who is a member here can get you everything you'd need for the dish setup and myself and other members who have the fta systems could give you all the info you'd need to get it up. Unfortunately like sprig mentioned we won't know for sure if the games will be itc til later this month.

Technical question: I am in the market for a new TV. I typically don't watch games streamed through the internet but probably will with Big SKy TV. Question. I know I can hook up my computer to the TV monitor and watch that way. Is it possible or are there advantages/disadvantages to getting a Smart TV? With a Smart TV can I just go to Big SKy TV and watch without having to hook up a computer to the TV? Any clarity issues one way or the other? Thanks.

Big Sky would have to create an app for SmartTV to access it. More than likely your only avenue would be to hook up a computer to the TV. Smarttv aps are, however, imo, worth it, access to lots of things (and adding more constantly), not to mention that the top of the line LED TVs the aps are on look really good (I've only seen them in stores, don't have one myself) You can also get a samsung bluray player and get those same aps.

I heard with the Midco deal Cable One was trying to work something out to get games shown on their channel like when UND was using the UNDSN (FSSN). I hope they do or else I have to rely on Fox College Sports, radio, or Big Sky Tv on the internet.

Midco has offered the channel to all cable networks that previously paid to get FSSN. If they pay, they'll get it.

• Upvote 1

Big Sky would have to create an app for SmartTV to access it. More than likely your only avenue would be to hook up a computer to the TV. Smarttv aps are, however, imo, worth it, access to lots of things (and adding more constantly), not to mention that the top of the line LED TVs the aps are on look really good (I've only seen them in stores, don't have one myself) You can also get a samsung bluray player and get those same aps.

Like Sprig said, you'd still need to hook a computer to the TV for Big Sky TV regardless of whether it is a Smart TV or not. You can buy a computer that is designed to hook to a big screen TV, that IMO would give you alot more options than a Smart TV, unless you are really into streaming YouTube, Netflix, Amazon, Hulu, etc. The one I have is an Acer Revo. Very compact and does a good job for me. Can be a bit pricey, but to me, it was a better option than carrying my laptop around and all the cords for it to hook up whenever a game was going to be on and then have to unhook everything again. It'll also play bluray discs and dvds. I have used the apps on my samsung bluray player to download movies from Amazon like Sprig said, it has everything my Smart TV has, which I've never really used.

Like Sprig said, you'd still need to hook a computer to the TV for Big Sky TV regardless of whether it is a Smart TV or not. You can buy a computer that is designed to hook to a big screen TV, that IMO would give you alot more options than a Smart TV, unless you are really into streaming YouTube, Netflix, Amazon, Hulu, etc. The one I have is an Acer Revo. Very compact and does a good job for me. Can be a bit pricey, but to me, it was a better option than carrying my laptop around and all the cords for it to hook up whenever a game was going to be on and then have to unhook everything again. It'll also play bluray discs and dvds. I have used the apps on my samsung bluray player to download movies from Amazon like Sprig said, it has everything my Smart TV has, which I've never really used.

Sprig and bincitysioux: Thanks for the info. Wow, more options to consider. Thanks again.

You're not too far out there! Shooting birds up that way would be fun;-). First thing you'd need is a good clear view to the southern sky. I just completed my setup with a hd receiver and a motor. Psb who is a member here can get you everything you'd need for the dish setup and myself and other members who have the fta systems could give you all the info you'd need to get it up. Unfortunately like sprig mentioned we won't know for sure if the games will be itc til later this month.

I just got back from the Hunting shack and there are going to be a ton of ducks this fall.

I've know a lot of people in Nashville that watch the UND hockey games on Fox College Sports. Any word if they will be able to continue oing so with this Midco deal? Most of them want to know so they can cancel the additional channels on their sports package.

For one more year and then it's no CBS Sports Net.

For one more year and then it's no CBS Sports Net.

I just checked Fox College Sports schedule on their website, and they don't have either of the first two football games scheduled. Doesn't necessarily mean they won't have Hockey, but over the past two seasons, anything that was on FSSN, was also on FCS. So I don't take it as a good sign........................... :sad:

Do you have experience with Google TV or Apple TV? From my understanding, it gives you the capability of using an actual web browser and is less cumbersome than hooking a laptop up to your TV, but the reviews for Google TV have been less than stellar.