SiouxSports.com Forum

NCAA TV Schedules/Options

RedFrog

Is this a good time to bring up the East Coast Bias as the entire St. Paul regional semi's are ESPN3 and then tape delayed?

Just remember ABC sports will put the game live on all the ND ABC affiliates if we remind them if most of the ISP do not have espn3 century link still doesn't.

Miss the days not long ago when the Fox Sports Nets had all games, and the times were staggered so that you could watch every game. Guess we'll be hoping for ABC networks in ND to pick this up. No ESPN3 for my isp.

Well, I for one am happy. My internet provider has ESPN3! whoo!!!

Actually glad I switched my ISP to Midcontinent this year since they have ESPN3. So I'm quite happy not having to worry about being able to watch the UND game(s) in the event a local station or regional station doesn't pick up the games(s).

I don't believe ESPN will allow any over-the-air syndication of their broadcasts any more. This was the case for the football playoff games for NDSU this past fall in the first two rounds. I believe WDAY contacted them about getting the rights to show it live but they said no. ESPN finally gave into the calls of the Montana, Montana State, and NDSU fans to allow for the games to go to the ESPN Gameplan package.

Not sure if that is an option for the hockey tournament but I would be highly suprised if ESPN would allow for the games to be broadcast live by anything but their ESPN3 on-line coverage unless it is some short of pay-per-view.

I'm guessing FSN will find a way to get the Gopher games from ESPN and put it on FSN or FSN+, but not sure if they will get both games Saturday or just the Gopher one. I'm thinking WDAZ will try and should be able to pick up the Sioux game though with the ESPN/ABC syndication.

Actually glad I switched my ISP to Midcontinent this year since they have ESPN3. So I'm quite happy not having to worry about being able to watch the UND game(s) in the event a local station or regional station doesn't pick up the games(s).

Wow, that's cool, when did this start? Midco definitely didn't have ESPN3 around this time last year.

I'm not as worried about the tv schedule now.

It seems like ESPN bids on the rights to farm them out to local outlets thus making their profit that way.

I think that this is what they used to do. But in recent years they have been a lot less eager to farm out the rights to local outlets. I think they are using NCAA tournaments to force cable companies to purchase the ESPN family of services. And it's working. Midcontinent didn't have ESPN3 available a year ago, now they do. ESPNU has been added to a lot of systems in the past 2 years. It's just part of the plan for ESPN to take over sports information.