SiouxSports.com Forum

NCAA TV Schedules/Options

RedFrog

Hey sprig, have you seen more espn3 on one specific satellite? Or have they been on different ones?

Different ones, but some there all the time. Jake and Pete do a lot of scanning and will no doubt post here if they find it. Bison football playoffs were on 99W, other FCS games were on 91 and 123.

http://espn.go.com/w...#type/upcoming/

Check out today's ESPN3 schedule if you want to scan satellites and check out where they are found.

I think they are using NCAA tournaments to force cable companies to purchase the ESPN family of services. And it's working.

That's exactly what it is. They forced our local cable company to pick up ESPN3 last year to watch the FCS playoffs, they've figured out that fans in danger of missing their teams playoff games have a lot more influence than any sales pitch they can make.

I think that this is what they used to do. But in recent years they have been a lot less eager to farm out the rights to local outlets. I think they are using NCAA tournaments to force cable companies to purchase the ESPN family of services. And it's working. Midcontinent didn't have ESPN3 available a year ago, now they do. ESPNU has been added to a lot of systems in the past 2 years. It's just part of the plan for ESPN to take over sports information.

In New York and Chicago they call that putting the arm on someone. Also commonly known as EXTORTION!

FSN North picked up the first round coverage 2 and 3 years ago that was on delay. If you have Dish or Direct, quite often some of the other regional sport networks pick up the coverage (last year it was MASN). I think ESPN does the syndication to WCHA teams (especially UND and MN) because they know they can make some syndication bucks...

FSN North doesn't have anything local scheduled when the Sioux play...they have the Wild at 5:30 so FSN+ for the Gophers IF they pick it up...</p>

Anyone noticed replay times for last weekend's Final 5 games? Didn't set DVR before I left for Cities. Saw it all in person but would be sweet to relive highlights before going back to X this weekend.

Don't know why I post as if Jim charges by the letter.

Anyone noticed replay times for last weekend's Final 5 games? Didn't set DVR before I left for Cities. Saw it all in person but would be sweet to relive highlights before going back to X this weekend.

Don't know why I post as if Jim charges by the letter.

Only one that shows up in a dish search is the championship, 9PM Thursday night on RTRM

Different ones, but some there all the time. Jake and Pete do a lot of scanning and will no doubt post here if they find it. Bison football playoffs were on 99W, other FCS games were on 91 and 123.

http://espn.go.com/w...#type/upcoming/

Check out today's ESPN3 schedule if you want to scan satellites and check out where they are found.

How much does an FTA cost?

ESPN syndicated means ESPN holds the rights and can farm it out to local outlets if they pay the rights. Use to be called years ago ESPN +

So FS North can ask to be allowed to show them since they are on delay otherwise. If the game is on ESPNU they can't (live...not tape delayed)

WDAZ could ask to show the No dak game or hell they could ask to show all 3 games involving the WCHA teams

My9 in Duluth could ask to show the Duluth game

As long as they pay the fee to show it...they can show the syndicated games.

• Upvote 2

How much does an FTA cost?

You can check with Pete in the Cities; http://www.psbsatellite.com Don't see the motorized system package right now on his site, but I think it's around $250. Getting it initially mounted and pointed at your true south satellite is usually the most difficult part, but after that it's easy to run with your remote and receiver from your lazyboy.

A basic motorized system is $260 and professional installation by a State Licensed Technology Systems Contractor is just $100

A fixed Satellite system is $190 (Fixed system looks at one satellite only) installation is the same price.

But there are so many more options these days.....

Like a HD receiver, these can be cheap and nasty at around $100 or top of the line like the Dreambox DM800se that I use...

You may say thats 5 times the price of cheapo HD receiver, but its ten times better in quality of picture (Cheaper HD receivers show a poor quality picture as they have to convert PAL to NTSC), and what it can do!

With the Dreambox, Standard definition looks like HD, HD looks like your looking out the window! I kid you not!

But that just the start of what a Dreambox does...... (please stop reading now if you don't like to see a grown man drool)

You can add a hard drive to it, so you can setup a timer and record HD programming... and play it back anytime anywhere (See below)

The dreambox works best when connect to your home internet connection, this can be done with a cable or there are models that are now wireless, (I think you can also add a wireless antenna now to any Dreambox with an add on kit)

It comes with Plug-ins that are much like APPS on a phone... for example you can stream Youtube videos, go on the internet, Stream Adult European channels... Show pictures.... MP3 player... Media Player.... too many to list, and because your connect to the net, there are endless plug-ins available.... Word is there have been some MAJOR developments, and there a few surprises coming to the Dreambox in the coming weeks and months.....

But I have saved the best part (IMO) to last...

The Dreambox is Linux based, so its an openbox and anyone can write code for it, so its never obsolete, there are endless software versions and images(Skins) available.....

And since the Dreambox has its own IP address.... you can simply enter it into any PC/Mac ANYWHERE in the world and you then have access to watch your programming live! Thats right! If you have a motorized system you can motor from satellite to satellite! They call it ZAPPING! You can also watch any recordings you have , again remotely.... anywhere!

Say your watching the Sioux game and your son is out of state and can't get the game.... maybe its ONLY on FTA satellite! Simply supply him with the IP of your Dreambox and BANG he is watching the game live also! (Of course you need a good broadband connection, I only have DSL and it works great!

You can also SEND messages to the screen of your Dreambox!

"GREAT GOAL, SIOUX WIN AGAIN" for example!

Sorry for going on, but I am just blown away with the possibilities of this receiver....

I have an APP on my Android called Dreamdroid and just like a PC I can control my Motorized system from anywhere, its also a virtual remote control.

Here is a video I made today with the Dreambox and the Dreamdroid APP

Here is a shorter video just showing the Sioux live on my phone, again ANYWHERE you have a connection, since this video there has been an update to the APP and it streams even better now. Of course youtube does not show the streaming very well, but its GREAT.

=

A basic motorized system is $260 and proffesional installation by a State Licensed Technology Systems Contractor is just $100

A fixed Satellite system is $190 (Fixed system looks at one satellite only) installation is the same price.

So 360.00 I should get one of these for my hunting shack.

Yes, thats with a 90cm Hot Dish, so IDEAL for weaker feeds. And as for the setup we can walk you right through that every step of the way on the SatellitePlus.US forum.

Its slightly tougher than say a DirecTV install, but IMO the benefits far outweigh the initial installation cost/hassle. And if your installing a motorized system you can do it one step at a time.... leave the motor off, and just find one satellite (Your true south satellite) so much the same as a DirecTV install.... then simply add the motor (Change some angles to suit) and re-find your true south satellite. And your done! MOST of your time on the install will be spent getting the mast EXACTLY plumb and level.

And remember its only one run of RG6 thats needed to control and power the motor/dish/LNB!

Contact me directly by e-mail or PM here before you buy, as I also have some inside info that you will want to know : )

So the game isnt going to be on tv? i have comcast and live in the twin cities. Ive never seen the sioux on fsn plus its only the gophers on that channel. Is there an online place to watch? I have espn 3 the channel but i looke ahead its not the hockey game on at that time...

So the game isnt going to be on tv? i have comcast and live in the twin cities. Ive never seen the sioux on fsn plus its only the gophers on that channel. Is there an online place to watch? I have espn 3 the channel but i looke ahead its not the hockey game on at that time...

As of now it hasn't been announced on TV. If it's going to be on TV it will probably be announced by Thursday. ESPN3 has every game on it, live. The problem with ESPN 3 is that it's VERY hard to get good quality on it.

Nice of ESPNU to televise the West Regional games...a day later. They're showing the UND/WMU game on Sunday morning, the BU/UMN game in the afternoon, and then the regional final live.

I really hope one of the FSN channels picks up the live feeds for the semi-finals!

Nice of ESPNU to televise the West Regional games...a day later. They're showing the UND/WMU game on Sunday morning, the BU/UMN game in the afternoon, and then the regional final live.

I really hope one of the FSN channels picks up the live feeds for the semi-finals!

My Dish schedule shows the championship delayed on Sunday as well, starting at 10PM

I don't know if FSN will be televising. They have Wild hockey on at 6:30. I know our game is at 12:30 but the Minn. game is 4pm and if it goes ot, they have a problem. I think the solution for us would be ABC affiliates.

FSN Plus

This is from FSN's twitter account a couple minutes ago

"College Hockey Fans - we'll have some exciting news for you around 11:00am, stay tuned..."

One would have to assume this is the regional

My brother said he e-mailed FSN yesterday and they said if they were able to purchase it would probably only be the Gopher game, so hopefully the guy that e-mailed him back was wrong or FSN changed their mind and decides to broadcast the whole regional.