SiouxSports.com Forum

NCAA TV Schedules/Options

RedFrog

The entire Final Five this year was on FCS Central without any problems.

However, the guide for the FCS channels is currently saying high school basketball, college lacrosse, and college baseball. Who knows.

Fox North was the original owner of the rights to broadcast the Final Five. They purchased the rights from the WCHA. They could do what they wanted with the broadcast, depending of course on what was in the contract with the WCHA. The WCHA was probably happy to get all of the exposure it could get. This is a different situation because ESPN controls the national rights for the NCAA tournament. Fox North probably just purchased the rights to broadcast on their normal outlets, not on the expanded Fox College Sports networks.

That being said, it is possible that Fox could have gotten the rights to include it on Fox College Sports (although I doubt it). And the agreement was just done today so it would not show up on television guides this early.

This is great news as I will be in Vegas and was nervous about not being able to see the game! I would rather be there in person but have had these plans for a long time and what a place other than actually being there to watch. GO SIOUX!

For those who will be in Las Vegas you are in luck.

Torrey Pines Pub

6374 West Lake Mead

Las Vegas, NV 89108

I called and they said they would show it. Remember puck drops at 10:30.

That is the big question for us outside the Fox North broadcast area (for me Las Vegas), will Fox College Sports be able to pick up the feed and broadcast it?

For those who will be in Las Vegas you are in luck.

Torrey Pines Pub

6374 West Lake Mead

Las Vegas, NV 89108

I called and they said they would show it. Remember puck drops at 10:30.

You didn't get credentialed? :D

I didn't apply, asked the Wife if I could go, wife said no... They are floating in a jar next to my wife's side of the bed. I wasn't really planning on going since I was at the Final Five last weekend.

• Upvote 1

Home is the Twin Cities area but will be visiting Grand Forks to attend UND's Open House w/ daughter as a prospective student. If the schedule allows, would like to find a location in Grand Forks to see the game, anyone have a favorite?

There is an official UND hockey watch party at Playmakers which is located inside the Canad Inn Hotel. It starts at 11:00 am.

Other than that, I'm sure several bars and restaurants around town will have the game on. Buffalo Wild Wings is usually a hot spot.

I hope your daughter enjoys her visit to UND. :)

Home is the Twin Cities area but will be visiting Grand Forks to attend UND's Open House w/ daughter as a prospective student. If the schedule allows, would like to find a location in Grand Forks to see the game, anyone have a favorite?

Not sure it's my favorite place to watch a game overall, but my favorite memory of watching the regionals on TV was at Buffalo Wild Wings in Grand Forks. UND vs. Wisconsin were playing in the 2008 Midwest Regional Final in Madison. The boys in green and white were down 2-0 in the third (and probably should have been down a lot more) but scored two goals in under a minute in the final frame before Andrew Kozek netted the game-winner in overtime. By the time that third goal was scored, everybody in the place was going bonkers - sort of like the scene at the X on Friday night, but with a berth in the Frozen Four on the line.

Dave

Not sure it's my favorite place to watch a game overall, but my favorite memory of watching the regionals on TV was at Buffalo Wild Wings in Grand Forks. UND vs. Wisconsin were playing in the 2008 Midwest Regional Final in Madison. The boys in green and white were down 2-0 in the third (and probably should have been down a lot more) but scored two goals in under a minute in the final frame before Andrew Kozek netted the game-winner in overtime. By the time that third goal was scored, everybody in the place was going bonkers - sort of like the scene at the X on Friday night, but with a berth in the Frozen Four on the line.

Dave

I was at BWW for that game too.. the place was crazy

• Upvote 1

It is very doubtful that FCS would be able to get the rights. UND is not involved in arranging the rights for these games. ESPN has the rights for almost all NCAA championships. In this case they sold the rights to these few games to Fox Sports North. I doubt that they would include Fox College Sports in those rights because they are trying to control which areas have which coverage as much as possible. But I guess that anything is possible.

Great news for those of us who don't have Fox Sports North (but do have Fox College Sports)...I was just looking on my Uverse online TV guide and both West Regional games will be shown live on Fox College Sports Pacific. Go Sioux!

Great news for those of us who don't have Fox Sports North (but do have Fox College Sports)...I was just looking on my Uverse online TV guide and both West Regional games will be shown live on Fox College Sports Pacific. Go Sioux!

I'm surprised, but that is great news for people all over the country.

I'm surprised, but that is great news for people all over the country.

I'm just as surprised myself...but I found it listed on another website as well:

http://tvlistings.zap2it.com/tvlistings/ZCSGrid.do?stnNum=26079&channel=254

I don't know when they updated mine, but it certainly wasn't listed like that yesterday. The Maine/Duluth game will be on live that evening as well - should be a great day of hockey.

Dave

That game was awesome. Had a lot of similarities to the UND/UM game this past Friday. I was there and most of us were kind of down about our performance and the Badger fans were doing a lot of razzing and were quite loud the whole game. When the Sioux scored those back-to-back goals, it was a totally different atmosphere and when the Sioux scored that OT winner, it was an incredible feeling to see all those Badger fans speechless.