SiouxSports.com Forum

Gloves are off; UND vs. DU

Goon

Time to get this party started... s/t to Schloss... UND is 12-4-2 in their last 18 games and 5-1-1 in the last seven games

Good news, both games are on TV this weekend... If you have DirecTV. Game one, 9:00 PM Central Time, 603 on Friday night and 683 on Roots on DirecTV, at 8:00 PM on Saturday Night.

Kristo line monster weekend

Oh yeah and that guy named Rowney! Full on beast mode every second he's on the ice. This team needed somebody else to step up and he has more than done that in the last month. Beat up DU Friday and go from there! Huge huge series for the Sioux!

You hear a lot more noise from the Sioux fans than du every time UND plays in magness. Denver is very talented but I have a feeling the sioux get it done this weekend and move up that Pairwise ladder

3 point weekend

Kristo line monster weekend

Oh yeah and that guy named Rowney! Full on beast mode every second he's on the ice. This team needed somebody else to step up and he has more than done that in the last month. Beat up DU Friday and go from there! Huge huge series for the Sioux!

You hear a lot more noise from the Sioux fans than du every time UND plays in magness. Denver is very talented but I have a feeling the sioux get it done this weekend and move up that Pairwise ladder

3 point weekend

AZ you going to DU this weekend?

...plus series is in Denver.

Altitude.

Short bench for UND. (Healthy scratch? What's that?)

DU still having a shot at the two slot in the standings (first round bye at Final Five).

If you offered a split right now and the team didn't have to travel I'd only ask where to sign.

• Upvote 1

Altitude.

Short bench for UND. (Healthy scratch? What's that?)

DU still having a shot at the two slot in the standings (first round bye at Final Five).

If you offered a split right now and the team didn't have to travel I'd only ask where to sign.

Yeah, but they aren't unbeatable and a very bad Wisconsin team lit them up 5-2 so they have some holes in their game as well. Hopefully UND will exploit those holes.

Edited by Goon

I took that [crappy] video, haha. The part where he was cupping his ears to the crowd was during a hellacious "F*** YOU DENVER!" chant that was pretty amusing.

I hate Denver more than the Gophs. I'm surprised more people don't hate them as much. If they were a border team, yikes would that be a crazy rivalry.

I took that [crappy] video, haha. The part where he was cupping his ears to the crowd was during a hellacious "F*** YOU DENVER!" chant that was pretty amusing.

I hate Denver more than the Gophs. I'm surprised more people don't hate them as much. If they were a border team, yikes would that be a crazy rivalry.

I agree, I hate DU just about as much as Minnesota.

I agree, I hate DU just about as much as Minnesota.

After sitting on the glass behind their bench at the Final Five for a game last year, I witnessed first hand how truly arrogant they really are. And I hated them before. That experience just magnified everything. I hope we destroy them.

After sitting on the glass behind their bench at the Final Five for a game last year, I witnessed first hand how truly arrogant they really are. And I hated them before. That experience just magnified everything. I hope we destroy them.

What sort of stuff did you see?

I too will be making the long trip from St. Paul all the way to Magness Arena. Can't wait to watch some intense hockey this weekend!

I think a split would bode really well in the PWR for the Sioux, and obviously a sweep would be amazing....

Broken record.....need a split....need a split....

My best guess:

A split will not help us, it will still leave us on the bubble.

Losing two will really hurt our chances, making it critical to sweep Mankato and sweep the first round of the WCHA playoffs, and probably win the first game at the xcel.

A sweep should put us in good position for the NC$$ tourny.

My fear with this years team is that we dug such a hole early that we have not had much room for error. Combined with injuries and a short bench I have a feeling that the team may just run out of gas. It is difficult in any sport playing catch-up all the time, combine that with a depleted roster and it is very difficult to overcome. Right now I would gladly settle for two point this w/e (as much as I hate Denver) and no more injuries.

Let's just win Friday and see what Saturday brings.

Totally agree...our top line was dominant on Friday vs. Tech, but looked like they were skating in mud Saturday. Nelson, in particular struggled. Couldn't keep a puck on his stick and had no legs Sat. The minutes these 3 guys have logged might be catching up with them. Add in the altitude and I think Sat. game will be a struggle. Need to win Friday.