SiouxSports.com Forum

Gloves are off; UND vs. DU

Goon

My best guess:

A split will not help us, it will still leave us on the bubble.

Losing two will really hurt our chances, making it critical to sweep Mankato and sweep the first round of the WCHA playoffs, and probably win the first game at the xcel.

A sweep should put us in good position for the NC$$ tourny.

My fear with this years team is that we dug such a hole early that we have not had much room for error. Combined with injuries and a short bench I have a feeling that the team may just run out of gas. It is difficult in any sport playing catch-up all the time, combine that with a depleted roster and it is very difficult to overcome. Right now I would gladly settle for two point this w/e (as much as I hate Denver) and no more injuries.

a split this weekend would be huge for the big picture. sure it wouldn't really move us up that far in the pwr this weekend, in fact we would probably remain about where we are. however this team is going to need to win games through the final five and a split would be huge in the race for homeice and I think everyone here agrees that are chances are much better at winning a first round series at home rather than on the road. split at DU, sweep MSU, win first round series and get to the X would put is in pretty good position. my guess is when it is all said and done come selection sunday we will be in about 12th in the pwr.

More info on the TV front... Friday is on NBCSN. Saturday gets tricky. For Fargo (Cable One) it does show FCS has the game on 308 but only from 9:00-10:30 CT so it looks like it may be joined in progress. They did this with Michigan-Mich Stats two weeks back. It will be T H time for the 1st period.

More info on the TV front... Friday is on NBCSN. Saturday gets tricky. For Fargo (Cable One) it does show FCS has the game on 308 but only from 9:00-10:30 CT so it looks like it may be joined in progress. They did this with Michigan-Mich Stats two weeks back. It will be T H time for the 1st period.

Or, I believe Root Sports RM will show the game on time. If you get DirecTV, or another provider with those channels, then you're in luck.

I believe sat night is on midco 329 as well. at least it was listed last night anyways.

It is listed on FSN + if you have that channel. Here in Bismarck that is either 329 or 639 and it is the full game. PLUS you wanna talk about old time hockey, they are predicting a winter storm here so what could be any better than hunkering down at home and watching hockey while it snows/

Or, I believe Root Sports RM will show the game on time. If you get DirecTV, or another provider with those channels, then you're in luck.

If you have DirecTV. Game one, 9:00 PM Central Time, 603 on Friday night and 683 on Roots on DirecTV, at 8:00 PM on Saturday Night.

Schloss has been on the Denver bandwagon for sometime, even after CC took three points from them a few weeks back. Remember that he was also high on Duluth last year even after they had their late season setbacks.

Bulletin Board material for the UND lockerroom perhaps? :whistling:

so I saw in this weeks herlad chat that schloss picked denver to sweep.

I saw that too as I was reading the replay of today's chat. DU is good but they just lost to Wisconsin. So they have holes in their game as well.

Anyone watch the NHL game Wed night on NBCsports? The commercial for college hockey Friday was pretty cool! Says North Dakota taking conference rival Denver, shows the Sioux dropping Gopher players with huge checks, and Denver with scoring videos against the Gophers! I thought that was fun to watch, hehehe!