SiouxSports.com Forum

2013 Recruiting

Hambone

Except for what I said was the truth, not sour grapes on the internet. Maybe the kid didn't have any interest in UND and cut off communication...I don't know. But the fact is UND hadn't talked to him in a long time and neither had Pitt.

That is one thing that is lost in these recruiting "offers". Many times a kid gets a soft "offer" in the spring or summer and than one way or the other the two parties go their separate ways as the fall season progresses. Then, once he commits, it comes out that he had "offers" from schools X and Y when really they hadn't talked to each other in months.

Wow you must be really in the know! You like facts how about of the 5 recruits we have so far from WI 4 are on the coaches All State Team.

http://assets.ngin.com/attachments/document/0034/2956/2012_ALL-STATE_TEAMS_formatted.pdf

Reason UND hadn't talked to him is he had no interest.

Wow you must be really in the know! You like facts how about of the 5 recruits we have so far from WI 4 are on the coaches All State Team.

http://assets.ngin.c...S_formatted.pdf

Reason UND hadn't talked to him is he had no interest.

Which is pretty much what I stated. There are times when the kid has no interest in the school. On the flip side, Pitt had no interest in him anymore.

Thanks for pointing out that fact about NDSU's recruiting, even though it had nothing to do with anything. :silly:

• Upvote 3

Which is pretty much what I stated. There are times when the kid has no interest in the school. On the flip side, Pitt had no interest in him anymore.

Thanks for pointing out that fact about NDSU's recruiting, even though it had nothing to do with anything. :silly:

Really Pitt no interest?

From a 10-23-12 Article:

"[Quarterbacks coach Brooks Bollinger] called me and said he talked to [head coach Paul Chryst] and said if I decide I want to go out there, I have a scholarship.

"It was a pretty short conversation. I was surprised and honored."

Pitt is the third school to offer Jacobsen and his first offer from a team in a BCS conference. North Dakota and North Dakota State have also offered.

"I sent them some film and that might have done it," he said. "I've been talking to Coach Bollinger every week and we've developed a good relationship. I like what we have. He's a great guy, and with him playing his college ball in Wisconsin, we can relate a lot.

"I'm just honored to get this offer and I'm excited to go out there and see what it looks like. I'm looking forward to that."

Jacobsen said he Bollinger gave him two weekends in January to consider for his official visit. In addition to Pitt, North Dakota, and North Dakota State, he said he hears from Wisconsin, Nebraska and Penn State the most.

"Nebraska seems pretty close to an offer. That's probably the closest one. They told me that if they can free up a scholarship space for an offensive lineman, I'm next in line."

At 6'4" 285, Jacobsen lines up on both sides of the ball at Prescott, but the Pitt coaches like him as an offensive guard. While he's excited about the Pitt offer, his focus is on this weekend, when Prescott will play its second-round playoff game.

"I haven't really thought about recruiting too much because we're in the playoffs right now. After our season is over, I'm going to think about this much more. But now I'm focused on the season. We're 6-3 and we just won our first playoff game. We still have three games to go to get to the state championship, and that's where my focus is."

You're so full of BS is isn't funny.

Really Pitt no interest?

From a 10-23-12 Article:

"[Quarterbacks coach Brooks Bollinger] called me and said he talked to [head coach Paul Chryst] and said if I decide I want to go out there, I have a scholarship.

Pitt is the third school to offer Jacobsen and his first offer from a team in a BCS conference. North Dakota and North Dakota State have also offered.

"I sent them some film and that might have done it," he said. "I've been talking to Coach Bollinger every week and we've developed a good relationship. I like what we have. He's a great guy, and with him playing his college ball in Wisconsin, we can relate a lot.

"I'm just honored to get this offer and I'm excited to go out there and see what it looks like. I'm looking forward to that."

Jacobsen said he Bollinger gave him two weekends in January to consider for his official visit. In addition to Pitt, North Dakota, and North Dakota State, he said he hears from Wisconsin, Nebraska and Penn State the most.

"Nebraska seems pretty close to an offer. That's probably the closest one. They told me that if they can free up a scholarship space for an offensive lineman, I'm next in line."

At 6'4" 285, Jacobsen lines up on both sides of the ball at Prescott, but the Pitt coaches like him as an offensive guard. While he's excited about the Pitt offer, his focus is on this weekend, when Prescott will play its second-round playoff game.

"I haven't really thought about recruiting too much because we're in the playoffs right now. After our season is over, I'm going to think about this much more. But now I'm focused on the season. We're 6-3 and we just won our first playoff game. We still have three games to go to get to the state championship, and that's where my focus is."

There's some major editorializing and a typo in that last sentence of your story. Ruined the whole thing for me. Shoddy journalism bites. :)

• Upvote 1

Really Pitt no interest?

From a 10-23-12 Article:

That article is more recent than I thought, admittedly. Still wondering why he never went on a visit and was kicked backed to January for said visit from the very beginning. Usually scholarship athletes are in on the first couple weekends. I will go with it that his offer was still current, despite what I have heard.

That article is more recent than I thought, admittedly. Still wondering why he never went on a visit and was kicked backed to January for said visit from the very beginning. Usually scholarship athletes are in on the first couple weekends. I will go with it that his offer was still current, despite what I have heard.

Hey - prowling here to straighten out our thoughts, comment on every issue, be "folksy" with us and bring or defend su in every conversation is their job. I'm thinking our little Johnny runs to the computer the minute he gets home to see what wrongs need to be righted.

Hey - prowling here to straighten out our thoughts, comment on every issue, be "folksy" with us and bring or defend su in every conversation is their job. I'm thinking our little Johnny runs to the computer the minute he gets home to see what wrongs need to be righted.

I never go over to that pasture they call BV. Is there trolling to this degree over there from UND "fanatics"? I'm talking on a regular basis -- not just a hit and run every so often.

• Upvote 1

I never go over to that pasture they call BV. Is there trolling to this degree over there from UND "fanatics"? I'm talking on a regular basis -- not just a hit and run every so often.

I go browse once in a while but have no account, the only guy who posts regularly is "thebigund" who they speculate is anybody from DaveK to geaux_sioux, other than that it is a random post here or there.

I don't know if DaveK used to post there but they reference him often, kind of like Lakes on here.

I go browse once in a while but have no account, the only guy who posts regularly is "thebigund" who they speculate is anybody from DaveK to geaux_sioux, other than that it is a random post here or there.

I don't know if DaveK used to post there but they reference him often, kind of like Lakes on here.

I have never heard anyone suggest thebigund is DaveK. thebigund has some form of sense of humor and has learned to adapt. thebigund has even made me chuckle from time to time and uses purple font reasonably well. These are things DaveK is unable to do. Plus, thebigund's name is a complete giveaway it is not DaveK. DaveK doesn't care about UND if you recall, just honoring and bringing glory to the Fighting Sioux.

DaveK, judging by his facebook, is stuck in the 80's. Which is fine by me because he is stuck in a decade of Bison football domination.

Judging by thebigund's knowledge of UND football, and has a similar opinion regarding hockey(fans) at UND, one would assume it is geaux_sioux.

I think you would see more trolling if UND was better than NDSU at football.

right on cue.

right on cue.

I had surgery this week. I can't put any weight on my leg right now. I am going to be staring at computers/TV's for the next couple weeks. Btw, I saw plenty of wrongs that I didn't need to right considering the crowd I'm dealing with ;)

I have never heard anyone suggest thebigund is DaveK.

He was mentioned more a couple years ago along with darell1976, but lately the thinking has been geaux_sioux.

I agree it is not DaveK, thebigund is actually a little tactful and sarcastically funny, Dave is...well, not.

He was mentioned more a couple years ago along with darell1976, but lately the thinking has been geaux_sioux.

I agree it is not DaveK, thebigund is actually a little tactful and sarcastically funny, Dave is...well, not.

I don't have an account there, I just read the anti-UND threads that goes on over there. I see another one just popped up the other day. Very entertaining.

I don't have an account there, I just read the anti-UND threads that goes on over there. I see another one just popped up the other day. Very entertaining.

I saw that too, a UND thread starts and they start fighting among themselves in the UND thread about not starting UND threads. It's pretty amusing.

They must keep track of what you post darell, you are one of the more popular targets from here.

I saw that too, a UND thread starts and they start fighting among themselves in the UND thread about not starting UND threads. It's pretty amusing.

They must keep track of what you post darell, you are one of the more popular targets from here.

Its called obsession. :D

If we we want to get to the point where we can shoot for a BSC championship, we need to pick up 4-6 players each year that can flat out play. We didn't do this during the transition, but it looks like we might have achieved that last year with Goliday, Edwards, one of the quarterbacks, Labat, Rich, maybe another WR.

Do we look like we are on track to do that again this year?

If we we want to get to the point where we can shoot for a BSC championship, we need to pick up 4-6 players each year that can flat out play. We didn't do this during the transition, but it looks like we might have achieved that last year with Goliday, Edwards, one of the quarterbacks, Labat, Rich, maybe another WR.

Do we look like we are on track to do that again this year?

Fletcher might end up being better than Golladay. I've heard that he is an absolute beast in the weight room and has a perfect attitude. Also heard good things about Cain and Carrothers among others.

If all of the verbals that we have now sign then we are very on track. That 3 star WR for one, Miller and Bell look like studs, Meindel is an athletic punter with a Howitzer of a leg. Also Iverson looks like a nice athletic FB that can do much more than block. If the staff keeps hitting homeruns NDSU will start to look over their shoulders and ramp up the insecure smack.

I have never heard anyone suggest thebigund is DaveK. thebigund has some form of sense of humor and has learned to adapt. thebigund has even made me chuckle from time to time and uses purple font reasonably well. These are things DaveK is unable to do. Plus, thebigund's name is a complete giveaway it is not DaveK. DaveK doesn't care about UND if you recall, just honoring and bringing glory to the Fighting Sioux.

DaveK, judging by his facebook, is stuck in the 80's. Which is fine by me because he is stuck in a decade of Bison football domination.

Judging by thebigund's knowledge of UND football, and has a similar opinion regarding hockey(fans) at UND, one would assume it is geaux_sioux.

I think you would see more trolling if UND was better than NDSU at football.

When are you and the other ac people going to learn how to adapt?

Excuses are already starting to come from Bison fans why they wouldn't want the Adams kid from Minot. If UND signs him they will say they wouldn't want him for waterboy even. Of course if NDSU does land him he will be one of their top area recruits this year and rub it right in UND's face. It is the same pattern on every recruit.

Excuses are already starting to come from Bison fans why they wouldn't want the Adams kid from Minot. If UND signs him they will say they wouldn't want him for waterboy even. Of course if NDSU does land him he will be one of their top area recruits this year and rub it right in UND's face. It is the same pattern on every recruit.

Excuses? Our recruiting class is basically done. 6 seniors and 13 really good players signed

You tell me if Adams has a chance to play at NDSU

Our starting LG and RT are redshirt freshman and will likely start for 3 more years. Then you have Jack Plankers, Zack Ziemer, Zack Johnson, Hahn, Austin Kuhert, and Landon Lechler to fill the other 3 spots. (Almost all are freshman) Backup LT/RT Jason Pomerenke is only a sophmore . Thats 7 guys to fill 3 spots.

That doesn't include the senior starters next year Tyler Gimmestad or All American LT BillyTurner. Our former starting center Jessi Hinz will get 2 more years due to injury. And then you have experienced guys like Knack and Schueller who are backups now. Were deep

Adams is good player but UND makes sense. I wish we had gotten Adams last year. But we have way too many quality guys for the next 4 years

Each school has their position/positions of need. UND needs to continue to add quality OL to challenge one another so the best players get on the field. Adams is no shoe in to play immediately at UND. He is a quality, young Olinemen who will be welcomed to UND if he chooses GF. Whatever his decision it is because he feels its the best fit for him.

• Upvote 3

Excuses? Our recruiting class is basically done. 6 seniors and 13 really good players signed

You tell me if Adams has a chance to play at NDSU

Our starting LG and RT are redshirt freshman and will likely start for 3 more years. Then you have Jack Plankers, Zack Ziemer, Zack Johnson, Hahn, Austin Kuhert, and Landon Lechler to fill the other 3 spots. (Almost all are freshman) Backup LT/RT Jason Pomerenke is only a sophmore . Thats 7 guys to fill 3 spots.

That doesn't include the senior starters next year Tyler Gimmestad or All American LT BillyTurner. Our former starting center Jessi Hinz will get 2 more years due to injury. And then you have experienced guys like Knack and Schueller who are backups now. Were deep

Adams is good player but UND makes sense. I wish we had gotten Adams last year. But we have way too many quality guys for the next 4 years

So coming out of high school one year ago, he was rated higher than most if not all of the majority of the young lineman you just named. But since he had the opportunity and chose to go somewhere bigger than those guys that are now FU players, he would have no chance coming there and playing? And you have seen little to no game action from any of them, but just assume they are better? Not sure I am following your logic other than you may or may not get him, so you need to make sure that there is a reason in your back pocket in case you don't.

• Upvote 1