SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux vs Bobcats

ringneck28

People at work today were talking that they think the Sioux would get beaten by the Bismarck Bobcats. With the Bobcats beating the Russian Redstars last night, it is a topic of conversation here in Bismarck. First of all is this a game that could even be played? I am guessing no. Second, I am thinking that it would be a yawner. I think that the score would be a blow out by the Sioux. What are your opinions.

People at work today were talking that they think the Sioux would get beaten by the Bismarck Bobcats. With the Bobcats beating the Russian Redstars last night, it is a topic of conversation here in Bismarck. First of all is this a game that could even be played? I am guessing no. Second, I am thinking that it would be a yawner. I think that the score would be a blow out by the Sioux. What are your opinions.

People actually think that!?

Being an FM Jets fan when they were here... I saw 4 players go on to D1 hockey. Bob Preece: Bowling Green. Kia Kantola: Bowling green. Phil Fox. Western Michigan. And Chris Connolly: Boston University( 1 national championship and brother to Duluths Jack Connolly) There were plenty of DIII players to go on. But when these players listed above were on the ice, you knew it. For a good reason. I would bet my paycheck on the Sioux without even taking a second breath....

Not even close, that's what the game would be. It would probably be a 10-0 game. Think about this the US Under 18 team which is more talented than the Bob Cats has trouble with the Sioux... I would tell these people they might want to re-think this.

Ok if anybody really has an inkling that that matchup is in any way feasible or on par, they are quite honestly delusional.

What you have is a few very uninformed and unknowledgable people who know nothing about hockey other than they maybe take a few kids to a game a few times a year and think its the same thing, or desperately want it to be the same socially as a Sioux game.

I go to quite a few Bobcats game, they are fun, good hockey for that skill level, very well run organization actually. And there are many many many knowledgable and hockey wise people that attend and enjoy the show

They get good attendance and that's good for hockey, but there deffinetly are those that attend frequently that know nothing about hockey and prove it loudly and obnoxiously.

So in that respect I guess it is the same as pretty much every game at every level, god knows ive heard em everywhere, the Ralph, the kohl center, high school rinks everywhere and yes the VFW rink in Bismarck last night.

I think the problem is that these people weren't thinking. :)

The absolute worst DI NCAA team would annihilate the best NAHL team.

Doubt it.

Do you think a LSU or Alabama could beat a really crappy NFL team? I think they might be able to....Crazy things happen in sports...Didn't the Sioux lose to a U20 team? Yeah by two goals.

Do you think a LSU or Alabama could beat a really crappy NFL team? I think they might be able to....

Didn't the Sioux lose to a U20 team? Yeah by two goals.

LSU/Alabama would have almost no chance against an NFL team. We're talking Miracle On Ice, one-in-a-million chance. :)

The Sioux lost to the WJC team, comprised of the absolute best U20 players in the entire country...essentially an all-star team of the best college and MJ American players. I doubt that many on here expected the Sioux to win that game. Also, the Sioux were short one of their better players for that game...being that he was playing for the opposing team (and actually scored the last goal for the U20 team). :D

That same U20 team went on to win the WJC just a few weeks later...best in the world! USA!

• Upvote 1

I'm afraid to ask where you work.... :p I am pretty confident it isn't a think tank. ;)

• Upvote 1

That's the problem with these exhibition games, teams like the Sioux generally suit up quite a few players who see little or no game action to evaluate what they look like in a game situation and rest everybody who has anything worse than a hangnail. Then when the score ends up 4-2 or 5-1 and the next team down the road plays it like it's the Stanley Cup final and wins 4-2 or 5-1 everybody thinks that they are at the same level.

Not quite.

And while we're on the subject the Colts/Vikings/Rams would destroy LSU/Alabama, the speed and size of the NFL players would overwhelm the college guys.

That's always one of my favorites when someone says that the #1 college football team could hang with the worst NFL team. The worst guys on the worst NFL team were some of the best NCAA football players when they played. It wouldn't even be close.

So just for fun, to play with this a bit more........and to turn the table a bit.....

How about the Sioux in say last years team during the beast mode run going up in a ten game series against last years Edmonton Oilers (62 points last year)??

Do the Sioux win a few? The majority? One game legitimately, or maybe just one game on a fluke?

I think it would be interesting to hear what people think, just for fun. I mean I can hear the argument that if top college players can step right into the NHL well then why can't they compete at that level in a matchup? I said I can hear that argument, not saying I would make that argument.

Personally I think that the top to bottom skill sets developed at the higher levels just flat out trump the best of the lower levels,.....

....but, to use a few clichés ; on any given night.....do you believe in miracles........one in a million.........sooooooo You're saying there's a chance.

So just for fun, to play with this a bit more........and to turn the table a bit.....

How about the Sioux in say last years team during the beast mode run going up in a ten game series against last years Edmonton Oilers (62 points last year)??

Do the Sioux win a few? The majority? One game legitimately, or maybe just one game on a fluke?

I think it would be interesting to hear what people think, just for fun. I mean I can hear the argument that if top college players can step right into the NHL well then why can't they compete at that level in a matchup? I said I can hear that argument, not saying I would make that argument.

Personally I think that the top to bottom skill sets developed at the higher levels just flat out trump the best of the lower levels,.....

....but, to use a few clichés ; on any given night.....do you believe in miracles........one in a million.........sooooooo You're saying there's a chance.

I have been to quite a few ECHL games and have always thougt it would be interesting to watch top college teams play them. The top lines of the top college teams are usually more skilled than the top lines of the ECHL teams, but obviously not as experienced....but where you notice a difference is the 2nd and 3rd lines of the ECHL teams are usually going to be faster and make sharper passes and obviously stronger and this is where they are going to have their biggest advantage. The matchups would be interesting and in a 1 game or even a short series the college team could definitely beat an ECHL team, but if you had both those team play 10-15 games against other ECHL teams I think the ECHL team will probably have a better record.