SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux vs Bobcats

ringneck28

So just for fun, to play with this a bit more........and to turn the table a bit.....

How about the Sioux in say last years team during the beast mode run going up in a ten game series against last years Edmonton Oilers (62 points last year)??

Do the Sioux win a few? The majority? One game legitimately, or maybe just one game on a fluke?

I think it would be interesting to hear what people think, just for fun. I mean I can hear the argument that if top college players can step right into the NHL well then why can't they compete at that level in a matchup? I said I can hear that argument, not saying I would make that argument.

Personally I think that the top to bottom skill sets developed at the higher levels just flat out trump the best of the lower levels,.....

....but, to use a few clichés ; on any given night.....do you believe in miracles........one in a million.........sooooooo You're saying there's a chance.

That is every bit a stretch as the Bobcats beating UND.

That is every bit a stretch as the Bobcats beating UND.

No one has answered the one question that will put this to sleep. Is this game possible as an exhibition game. Why not ask the kitties to the ralph and put these poor souls that think the bobcats would win out of thier misery? It isn't just the redstars that are fueling this, it is that goalie from st cloud who played in bismarck last year. Farager shut us down in one game. This may just be personal, but I would like to see these people shut up. Its like that fan from mankato that is an ankle biting dog until the game is over and we sweep the mavs. We all know here that this is perposterous, but they just have a dream that needs to be squashed. Go Sioux.

• Upvote 2

I think our 05-06 team could beat an AHL team on any given night. I doubt they'd be real successful on a regular basis, but that team was loaded.

The top end talent is better than your average AHL team, but the bottom tier of UND's team isn't as deep as your average AHL team. I think it equals out.

No one has answered the one question that will put this to sleep. Is this game possible as an exhibition game. Why not ask the kitties to the ralph and put these poor souls that think the bobcats would win out of thier misery? It isn't just the redstars that are fueling this, it is that goalie from st cloud who played in bismarck last year. Farager shut us down in one game. This may just be personal, but I would like to see these people shut up. Its like that fan from mankato that is an ankle biting dog until the game is over and we sweep the mavs. We all know here that this is perposterous, but they just have a dream that needs to be squashed. Go Sioux.

It would be a nice exhibition to have at the beginning of the season.

I have been to quite a few ECHL games and have always thougt it would be interesting to watch top college teams play them. The top lines of the top college teams are usually more skilled than the top lines of the ECHL teams, but obviously not as experienced....but where you notice a difference is the 2nd and 3rd lines of the ECHL teams are usually going to be faster and make sharper passes and obviously stronger and this is where they are going to have their biggest advantage. The matchups would be interesting and in a 1 game or even a short series the college team could definitely beat an ECHL team, but if you had both those team play 10-15 games against other ECHL teams I think the ECHL team will probably have a better record.

This is so true from what I have seen.

UND playing Edmonton 10 times I say they would win once the first game as the NHL has transitioned to a more euro style game more finesse. Good puck movement UND would come out and set the tone for a hard physical game that the oilers could easily transition to compared to UND switching to a finesse style game. We see how that works when we play an east coast team and let them set the tone of the game

So the Bobcats win a 2-1 game over a team that UND beat 5-1 (when UND was short a world juniors defenseman and arguably a line that would be one of the best in college hockey in Knight-Lamoureux-Grimaldi) and folks think an NAHL team would have a shot at UND?

So the Bobcats win a 2-1 game over a team that UND beat 5-1 (when UND was short a world juniors defenseman and arguably a line that would be one of the best in college hockey in Knight-Lamoureux-Grimaldi) and folks think an NAHL team would have a shot at UND?

I know, I just want this as an exhibition. I would love to see the sioux trounce these guys. But to tell you the truth, it is more the fans than the players who would be asking for the game. I think that the players know what the outcome would be.

I know the fans would like this game... But games like this don't happen for another reason.... What if....JUST WHAT IF. The Bobcats won??? Because we had 4-5 guys out due to injury... Or Hak was trying something new with the lines. Or our Sioux didn't have the same "game face" on as when St.Cloud or Denver came to town?? Bismark would play like it's the Stanley Cup. And the Sioux would play at a level 4-5 rather then a 10. I don't think we will ever see this match-up for this very reason. Too many "what if's". But I am VERY SURE the Sioux would beat any NAHL team.

I know the fans would like this game... But games like this don't happen for another reason.... What if....JUST WHAT IF. The Bobcats won??? Because we had 4-5 guys out due to injury... Or Hak was trying something new with the lines. Or our Sioux didn't have the same "game face" on as when St.Cloud or Denver came to town?? Bismark would play like it's the Stanley Cup. And the Sioux would play at a level 4-5 rather then a 10. I don't think we will ever see this match-up for this very reason. Too many "what if's". But I am VERY SURE the Sioux would beat any NAHL team.

That's why I don't want NDSU to get hockey. We'd beat them darn near every time we played, but we won't win 'em all. And when that day comes that NDSU beats UND at hockey, you can only imagine the words coming out of Fargo. Dear Lord...

The Sioux lost to the WJC team, comprised of the absolute best U20 players in the entire country...essentially an all-star team of the best college and MJ American players. I doubt that many on here expected the Sioux to win that game. Also, the Sioux were short one of their better players for that game...being that he was playing for the opposing team (and actually scored the last goal for the U20 team). :D

That same U20 team went on to win the WJC just a few weeks later...best in the world! USA!

I am not a bigtime hockey person by any means. I catch the occasional Flyers game if given an opportunity I guess, but would I expect UND, a team of guys who play together for 5 months out of the year and practice together probably a bit outside of that to beat a team of "all-stars" who get to play together for a much shorter amount of time? Yes. Especially when those all-stars are all 20 years old or younger. Sounds like your making excuses :D

Thats like me saying NDSU shouldn't beat a Texas freshman in college all-star team who has had about a month or two of practice when NDSU has had years! Maybe thats a bad analogy, but its the best I can do, but me a bit of slack.

UND playing Edmonton 10 times I say they would win once the first game as the NHL has transitioned to a more euro style game more finesse. Good puck movement UND would come out and set the tone for a hard physical game that the oilers could easily transition to compared to UND switching to a finesse style game. We see how that works when we play an east coast team and let them set the tone of the game

Ok, what if both goalies play equally well? I'd assume you'd take the NHL team every time. Keep in mind, these are the 30 best goalies in the world....against a collegiate goalie who doesn't have a chance of being anything other than either A. a Bad starter, or B. a backup who can maybe come in. The skill of the NHL players should allow them to win 10 times out of 10. I don't care who it is. That is like saying LSU could take the Vikings....which couldn't happen. I think the Vikes are awful, but Jeez, LSU has about 20-25 guys who got a shot at playing in the pros, the Vikings have 50-some guys who are pros.

That's always one of my favorites when someone says that the #1 college football team could hang with the worst NFL team. The worst guys on the worst NFL team were some of the best NCAA football players when they played. It wouldn't even be close.

I don't know how many people remember this, but back in the 1960's and earlier, the NFL champ from the previous season would play the league's first exhibition game (I think it was the first) against a college all star team. I don't remember what it was called or anything. I vaguely remember that some of the games were pretty close. Anyone out there clairfy the details? It was a long time ago.