SiouxSports.com Forum

Fire Muss

darell1976

If Muss stays as coach for 2014, how many games will you attend??

I will attend (as always) the Potato Bowl, and only depending on if the team improved will I think about driving up for another game later in the season.

I'll be there no matter who the coach is or what the record is. That doesn't mean we don't need a much better product out there. I don't want to lose a generation of young people who could become die hard fans and boosters.

If I had season tickets I would go to every game. But being I work every weekend, and living in Fargo its not possible. So I have to pick and choose. So far only 5 home games on the slate and I hope UND can turn things around, and get more butts in the seats.

I would have guessed between 4-5 thousand. Personally I will renew my season tickets and go watch games next season as I am pretty attached to several of the players. I do hope there is a new staff in place because this is tough to watch. I honestly don't believe this win does anything to secure Mussman's job.

I would have guessed between 4-5 thousand. Personally I will renew my season tickets and go watch games next season as I am pretty attached to several of the players. I do hope there is a new staff in place because this is tough to watch. I honestly don't believe this win does anything to secure Mussman's job.

I sure hope not... Let's remember our 3 wins this year are against non-scholarship Valpo (1-9), Idaho St (currently 3-6 w/ 2 wins against DII & losing to Portland St as I type) & a 1-9 Northern Colorado team. Both games against perennial Big Sky bottom-feeders ISU & UNC weren't decided until the 4th quarter.

If Muss & Co stay, I can't say I will renew my season tickets. I'd like to support the players, but this staff has frustrated me like no other. At this point the only thing that can bring some life & optimism to UND football next year is a new coaching staff. I will renew if a new staff comes in.

Our attendance went from almost 11,000 for the SDSU game to 5900 in 2 months. What a shame.

I believe SDSU attendance was just over 10,000. But it still is quite a drop.

The SDSU game had a lot of energy & a feeling of excitement from the crowd & team at the start of the game... The last game I attended was Sac St & you could've heard a pin drop at the opening kickoff. No energy from crowd or team. Totally different atmospheres. Kinda telling how the life was sucked out of the season game by game.

From the Herald:

The announced attendance at Saturday’s game was 5,984.

However, the actual attendance may have been closer to 2,500. The announced attendance takes into account season ticket sales.

It was one of the smallest crowds — if not the smallest — to watch UND football in the 13-year history of the Alerus Center.

http://www.grandfork...group/homepage/

You've got to think they'd take this worst home crowd of all time into account when looking forward. Its all about dollars in the athletic departments, and I can't imagine that seeing 2,000 people show up in a facility that holds more than five times that sits well.

If Mussman is back next year I know a handful of current season ticket holders that will not be renewing. And thats only out of ticket holders that I know.

Buy him out. Get some excitement back with some new blood in the program, and fill the seats back up with people who are anxious to see improvement with the football team.

great to see the guys come from behind and win. don't think these last two games will have an impact on the decision whether Mussman goes or stays. if he stays, it will be because Faison doesn't want to buy out his contract and/or because he runs a clean program, not because the Sioux won the last two games against weak teams to get to 4 and 7.

In the paper before the NAU game, Muss implied we were a young team. seniors a juniors eat first and there only about 20 of them...

I count twelve senior starters, 17 seniors all together. This doesn't add up. Just another case of Muss trying to lower everyone's expectations and make excuses?

In the paper before the NAU game, Muss implied we were a young team. seniors a juniors eat first and there only about 20 of them...

I count twelve senior starters, 17 seniors all together. This doesn't add up. Just another case of Muss trying to lower everyone's expectations and make excuses?

Very good point.