SiouxSports.com Forum

coaches

siouxfbfan

Tim Tibesar let go by the new coach at perdu

I wouldnt mind me some tim tibesar as a d-coordinator here... i think he bit off more then he could chew in a BCS conference

Yeah I'm sure Tibesar is banging down UND's door. Not likely.

Tibesar has FBS contacts all over and Marc Trestman to fall back on.

Gotta love AJ McCarron and Nick Saban still showing fire and emotion despite being up 42-14, and as Brent Musburger stated, the players such as McCarron get that attitude from Saban. Quite the opposite from the "paddy-cake" demeanor Mussman instills.

I disagree with that. I've seen him explode on officials and unload on players on the sidelines. At times this year he seemed to not have that though. He needs to have that all the time. He's still a young coach. The sooner he realizes that a boot is always needed up the ass of players the sooner UND will be dominant again. There needs to be better senior leadership next year as well.

Saban reminds me of Coach Berg from Central. I've witnessed the guy berate a player for having the wrong length socks on before a game or for not sprinting off the field when subbed out.

Saban reminds me of Coach Berg from Central. I've witnessed the guy berate a player for having the wrong length socks on before a game or for not sprinting off the field when subbed out.

The socks thing seems a bit odd! Still, get your point. Head coaches are supposed to be assholes!

I disagree with that. I've seen him explode on officials and unload on players on the sidelines. At times this year he seemed to not have that though. He needs to have that all the time. He's still a young coach. The sooner he realizes that a boot is always needed up the ass of players the sooner UND will be dominant again. There needs to be better senior leadership next year as well.

Not sure that most of the fans envisioned a 5-6 year on the job training period for Muss to "grow into the job". Time to get it done now. As much as some Sioux fans derided the Bison championship, they played like we wished we did. Not buying the "he's young excuse"

The socks thing seems a bit odd! Still, get your point. Head coaches are supposed to be assholes!

It's a uniform as in everyone should be dressed uniformly in terms of socks and pants and jerseys and shoe color. Untucked jersey and you come out of the game. When you get an average team to have extrordinary discipline they can do great things.

Gotta love AJ McCarron and Nick Saban still showing fire and emotion despite being up 42-14, and as Brent Musburger stated, the players such as McCarron get that attitude from Saban. Quite the opposite from the "paddy-cake" demeanor Mussman instills.

A head coach's demeanor, especially on the sideline, sends a loud message to the team thru out a game.

Let's play a little Sesame Street "Which one of these (coaches) is not like the others"...Saban, Bohl, Kelly or Muss.

Anyone think the 1st 3 would have done nothing after Braden was head hunted and helmet speared vs. NAU? I got a list if you want more...

• Upvote 3

It's a uniform as in everyone should be dressed uniformly in terms of socks and pants and jerseys and shoe color. Untucked jersey and you come out of the game. When you get an average team to have extrordinary discipline they can do great things.

And discipline is something UND football has been missing ever since Lennon left.

• Upvote 1

NDSU has played against average FBS teams and some bad ones as well. If UND was scheduled against Minnesota would you be upset because Minnesota isn't Ohio State?

NDSU has Kansas State next season. Is that good enough for you? If you are asking if I'd rather have NDSU play Notre Dame or Minnesota, the answer is Minnesota. Winnable games sound more fun to watch than a bodybag game.

I see Kansas State is picked 7th in the Big 12 next year (out of 10 teams). Can you guys just admit/laugh about the the fact that Gene Taylor has the magic touch when it comes to scheduling FBS games? Its almost unbelievable how it works out. They go from Top 5 in the country to 7th in the Big 12 (out of 10 teams).

And discipline is something UND football has been missing ever since Lennon left.

Exactly! The football team is becoming as bad about it as the men's basketball team during the Rich Glas era.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Mannausau to lead Champions Club

The University of North Dakota Athletics Department and the UND Alumni Association & Foundation announced today that Mike Mannausau has been hired as the North Dakota Champions Club Executive Director and an assistant athletics director.

Mannausau, who begins his new duties on Monday, Feb. 18, recently completed his ninth season on the North Dakota football coaching staff and his seventh as defensive coordinator. Prior to the 2008 season, he was elevated to associate head coach.

Have I missed something? Who is our new DC?

Mannausau to lead Champions Club

The University of North Dakota Athletics Department and the UND Alumni Association & Foundation announced today that Mike Mannausau has been hired as the North Dakota Champions Club Executive Director and an assistant athletics director.

Mannausau, who begins his new duties on Monday, Feb. 18, recently completed his ninth season on the North Dakota football coaching staff and his seventh as defensive coordinator. Prior to the 2008 season, he was elevated to associate head coach.

Have I missed something? Who is our new DC?

Would think a search is underway. Let the speculation begin.

I'm very happy for Mr. Mannausau - he's always appeared to be a class act throughout his time at UND. I believe his work will continue to push the Champions Club in the right direction and his influence on the football program in terms of funding and support may be very significant.

Also of note, the coaching search to address the defensive coordinator spot will be an interesting one to follow. Will they pick up a highly-qualified outside coach to immediately coach the defense, or does Mussman promote a coach in-house to the D coordinator spot?

I bet he saw the writing on the wall... he didnt get too many recruits as amfuck sure he knewdidnt this wasshit coming but he gave away a lot of cbs.

I bet he saw the writing on the wall, he didn't get too many recruits as I'm f****** sure he knew they weren't coming and he gave away a lot of CB's.

That's my guess.

This will be very interesting to see who they fill the spot with. I am really hoping that we search far and wide for the right DC. I am a fan of promoting from within but not in this situation as we have a real opportunity to get someone with experience and grit.

P.S. Congratulations to coach M, he is a class act and his professional demeanor should go far in this position.

Will they pick up a highly-qualified outside coach to immediately coach the defense, or does Mussman promote a coach in-house to the D coordinator spot?

UND has always "hired from within", or at least it seems to have usually been the case. Looking outside of our own walls may be be just what this team needs to get a kick in the butt in the right direction... as far as I'm concerned, we need to go a different direction this time...