SiouxSports.com Forum

coaches

siouxfbfan

Yes. He was hired in January. Mussman will be coaching the o-line this season. According to a tweet by SFI yesterday, Love's replacement has been hired, although no names were mentioned.

I've been checking the SFI site constantly waiting for the thoughts on the roster and updates on the new coaches. What's taking so long Oskie? J/K....just excited for some SIOUX football thats all.

• Upvote 1

• 4 months later...

I see UND is looking for a defensive assitant for the staff. Did somebody leave?

Link

Wayne Nelson was asked about that today on the Herald Writer's Sports Chat. He replied:

"I don't believe any of the coaches will be leaving. From what I understand, one position has to be readvertised."

• 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Carey joined the Huskies after three seasons coaching the offensive line at the University of North Dakota. His line paved the way for UND 1,000-yard rusher Josh Murray (1,146 yards) in 2008 and for the No. 2 running back in the Great West Conference a year later. The Fighting Sioux also passed for 2,000 yards in 2009. Five of Carey's offensive linemen earned GWC all-conference honors in his last three seasons and one - Mitch Braegelmann - was a two-time first-team Academic All-American.

http://www.niuhuskie.../120212aac.html

A hypothetical:

You are the head coach, Coach A is a coordinator, and Coach B is a position coach on the same side of the ball as Coach A. You see, or should see that even though Coach B occupies a lower position on the staff, he is a future star in the profession. Do you 1) keep things as they are for the following season, knowing that may cause you to lose Coach B to a higher-paying job sooner; or 2) promote Coach B over Coach A, knowing that may cause some hard feelings?

A hypothetical:

You are the head coach, Coach A is a coordinator, and Coach B is a position coach on the same side of the ball as Coach A. You see, or should see that even though Coach B occupies a lower position on the staff, he is a future star in the profession. Do you 1) keep things as they are for the following season, knowing that may cause you to lose Coach B to a higher-paying job sooner; or 2) promote Coach B over Coach A, knowing that may cause some hard feelings?

You do what is best for the team right now.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ncaaf--from-elation--to-uncertainty-to-answering-the-critics--four-days-northern-illinois-will-never-forget-163247153.html

Compher made it back to campus on time and after Doeren spoke to the team, the AD met with the players also. Months ago he decided the best candidate for the job was current offensive coordinator Rod Carey. He didn't tell the team that though. He wanted to hear what they were thinking first.

"I didn't ask them who they wanted, I asked them what they wanted in a coach," Compher said.

When the characteristics that came back were the ones Compher believed Carey, 41, possessed, he decided to move.

Across Saturday afternoon and evening, as word of Doeren leaving hit the media, the calls and texts began coming in torrents. Compher even noticed a few that kept signaling that maybe NIU did have a chance to get a berth into a BCS game. Under other circumstances, he would've been following every touchdown scored. This time he didn't have time to worry about it. Instead, a lengthy meeting was convened that included Compher, Carey and school president John G. Peters.

A hypothetical:

Guess it's no coincidence that our running game sucks since this "Coach B" left.

Carey was never a coach under Lennon, as Lennon left after 2007. Carey arrived in 2008. Correct me if that is wrong.

Guess it's no coincidence that our running game sucks since this "Coach B" left.

Carey was never a coach under Lennon, as Lennon left after 2007. Carey arrived in 2008. Correct me if that is wrong.

All characters appearing in my hypothetical were fictitious. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental. ;)

And no, I definitely wasn't referring to Lennon or anything that may or may not have happened while he was at UND.

Not UND-related, but could possibly have some impact on recruiting in the state of Wisconsin--Brett Bielema is reportedly leaving the Badgers for Arkansas.

EDIT: Already talk of Paul Chryst possibly leaving Pitt to return to Wisconsin, which may result in Brooks Bollinger also returning to Madison.

A hypothetical:

I believe that there are cases where position coaches are named assistant head coaches over coordinators on the team. The coordinators keep their positions If that works for the coaches and the team, then it might be a viable solution.

Not UND-related, but could possibly have some impact on recruiting in the state of Wisconsin--Brett Bielema is reportedly leaving the Badgers for Arkansas.

EDIT: Already talk of Paul Chryst possibly leaving Pitt to return to Wisconsin, which may result in Brooks Bollinger also returning to Madison.

Dominos just like conference affiliations: One goes and the chain starts to tumble.