SiouxSports.com Forum

2012 Recruiting

UND Fan

While I make it a practice of not getting into a dialogue with an SU fan, I will inform Sioux fans that we have (or had) two other offers out to QBs besides Tonyan. One is a 2 Star with Scout.

Regarding my first comment above, there are some Bison fans on here who are respectful and rational in their comments and I respect that. However, I do not visit any SU boards and I wish no SU fans visited ours. The ongoing pissing matches get very old!!!

While I make it a practice of not getting into a dialogue with an SU fan, I will inform Sioux fans that we have (or had) two other offers out to QBs besides Tonyan. One is a 2 Star with Scout.

Regarding my first comment above, there are some Bison fans on here who are respectful and rational in their comments and I respect that. However, I do not visit any SU boards and I wish no SU fans visited ours. The ongoing pissing matches get very old!!!

I know of another QB who was up for a workout visit and will be making a game day recruiting trip once the season is over. Athletic kid, 6'4", 800 M State Champion as a junior.

I know of another QB who was up for a workout visit and will be making a game day recruiting trip once the season is over. Athletic kid, 6'4", 800 M State Champion as a junior.

From where? Regardless of location, a track title is impressive but some places they got a bit more competition obviously.

Detroit Lakes had a backup QB playing last night. Anyone know the story? Ira?

Let's say Mollberg tore up his ACL. Ethical dilemma: does UND honor the offer, or pull it (especially since Mollberg's commit seems dependent on the Iowa situation) to sign another QB?

Disclaimer: I have no knowledge of a Mollberg injury. The referenced quote just made me think of this interesting dilemma.

Perham QB is only a junior. UND will recruit him. He isn't the QB Mollberg is, but he is a great athlete and excellent HS QB. Mollberg is a better passer and it is hard to compare the two. When Perham beat DL, the biggest difference was Jason Hein the Perham QB and the 4 DL turnovers, but Mollberg played hurt and still almost led them to a win. I would take them both but Mollberg would be the QB. Jesse Hein is a Sr. Lineman for Perham is the QB's older brother and UND is looking at him.. He is only 5"11" but has quick feet and is about 265 lbs, All State Wrestler and is tough and nasty. I would take a chance on him because I think he can play and that will increase the chance his brother will go to UND.

OK thanks for info. I wonder if Hendricksons experience at UND is good or not and if that would have any impact on the Hein brothers? I wish he would at least get a shot. I thought last year his arm is way better than Goska's.

Who knows. If he were the QB I would change our offense to utilize his athletic ability. Might need some sort of run option game. I am not sure he throws that consistently but I might agree... give him a shot if Bradley doesn't ge things turned around.

Why not Comes?

I've often thought the same thing. He had good numbers in high school, has a year under his belt in the system, and has a good "frame" for a QB..................

However, I always thought the same thing about Seth Nichols last season when we were rotating between Goska and Hendrickson to end the season, and now he appears to be our best tight end.....................I'm sure the coaches know things we don't..............................

As far as Bradley vs. Comes, maybe a big difference is that Bradley threw a billion passes last season and Comes held a clipboard all year. By all accounts, Comes was in the mix this spring and fall, so I assume he will be the No. 2 as a sophomore heading into the 2012 season..........................

Very nice to see a couple more commitments. I agree that Edwards appears to have gotten a lot of attention as an OL but he will have very nice size for a NG. Glad to see that the Rich verbal was firmed up.

I truly hate to see a quality HS athlete miss any games in his senior year but I would guess that Mollberg having another injury helps our cause!

Very nice to see a couple more commitments. I agree that Edwards appears to have gotten a lot of attention as an OL but he will have very nice size for a NG. Glad to see that the Rich verbal was firmed up.

I truly hate to see a quality HS athlete miss any games in his senior year but I would guess that Mollberg having another injury helps our cause!

Coach Mussman was informed by Mollberg tonight that he will not be attending Iowa and will be attending UND. Looks like early commitments are starting to come in. Other DL kid offered is Labatt. He is 6' 3", 210 lbs. Has played QB (when Mollberg was hurt), slotback, tight end, safety, DE and LB. Has 53 carries for 448 yds and 1 TD, 17 receptions for 378 yds and 6 TD's, and 1 int returned for a TD. 4.0 student. ACT around 30. Reported to be leaning to UND. Would be great to get another early commitment.

• Upvote 4

Coach Mussman was informed by Mollberg tonight that he will not be attending Iowa and will be attending UND. Looks like early commitments are starting to come in. Other DL kid offered is Labatt. He is 6' 3", 210 lbs. Has played QB (when Mollberg was hurt), slotback, tight end, safety, DE and LB. Has 53 carries for 448 yds and 1 TD, 17 receptions for 378 yds and 6 TD's, and 1 int returned for a TD. 4.0 student. ACT around 30. Reported to be leaning to UND. Would be great to get another early commitment.

This is great news! Sounds like a solid recruit on the field and in the classroom. An awesome get for UND academically and athletically. Thanks for the updates on Mollberg and the other NW Minn. recruits.

Who else is looking at Labatt? Sounds like a versatile athlete, and would likely make a great LB for the Sioux.