SiouxSports.com Forum

2012 Recruiting

UND Fan

As far as I can tell, Zach Oliver's teammate from Omaha Burke, OL James Andersen, hasn't signed with anybody. I wonder if he's still an option for UND?

He's one that I was looking at. Also, haven't seen anything about Stephen Arnold out in Arizona.

Where are the Recruits from the Twin Cities? Has Jerry kill given all the kids that would drop to ND walk-ons? Looks like UNI did a nice job down there. Also how did we not get the TRF WR??

ROOSEVELT

MORISSET

He is a JUCO, and I believe he's from Miami, so not necessarily local.

Mussman said Mollberg was the best area recruit and I have to agree with him. He was certainly the most coveted in the area. In North Dakota UND also signed the Players of the Year in 3A and 2A football. Good job.

Thin on recruiting the offensive linemen. Every team could always use a few more hogs.

Wow Mike Edwards looks like a monster on the OL. Hard to not have him there, he finishes his blocks like Michael Oher's block on the Blindside!

we're pretty stacked at guard right now. DT and OG are pretty similar positions as far as o and d compairisons go so im sure if our depth is at quesiton he'll be the first in line to fill the hole.

I always like to see 2/3 O-line per class. But, O-line looks OK right now and they are young. Plus, I think the redshirts from last year are going to be pushing the 1s and 2s.

The Two Deep as of USD game

Left Tackle 1st String - 76 DeNeui, Darren 293 JR

Left Tackle 2nd String - 74 Barton, Devin 299 SO

Left Guard 1st String - 62 Kleason, Joe 290 JR

Left Guard 2nd String - 55 Pecosky, Dwayne 263 SO

Center 1st String - 54 McGurran, Ian 296 SR

Center 2nd String - 67 Walker, Shea 305 SO

Right Guard 1st String - 68 Gillson, Caleb 315 SR

Right Guard 2nd String - 79 Hoerchner, Jake 271 JR

Right Guard *Returning Starter was injury last year - 78 Lynch, Emmett 303 SR

Right Tackle 1st String - Open Position

Right Tackle 2nd String - 73 Peterson, Darren 315 SO

Redshirts from last years class:

Red Shirt Freshman String - 70 Windfeldt, Ross 310 RFR

Red Shirt Freshman String - 63 Meehan, Sean 290 RFR

Red Shirt Freshman String - 71 Brandon Anderson 290 RFR

Saw Braden Hanson at the NLI signing day party. Kid is tall. Didn't get a chance to talk to him, but he appeared very friendly to those that did and seems happy to be here. Mussman again commented on how he's "coming in the right way". Hopefully he has a great impact on not only the coming year, but the underclassmen as well. Not generally a fan of one-year fixes like this, but I'm thinking this may be an exception and work out well for UND football and hopefully Hanson himself.

I always like to see 2/3 O-line per class. But, O-line looks OK right now and they are young. Plus, I think the redshirts from last year are going to be pushing the 1s and 2s.

The Two Deep as of USD game

Left Tackle 1st String - 76 DeNeui, Darren 293 JR

Left Tackle 2nd String - 74 Barton, Devin 299 SO

Left Guard 1st String - 62 Kleason, Joe 290 JR

Left Guard 2nd String - 55 Pecosky, Dwayne 263 SO

Center 1st String - 54 McGurran, Ian 296 SR

Center 2nd String - 67 Walker, Shea 305 SO

Right Guard 1st String - 68 Gillson, Caleb 315 SR

Right Guard 2nd String - 79 Hoerchner, Jake 271 JR

Right Guard *Returning Starter was injury last year - 78 Lynch, Emmett 303 SR

Right Tackle 1st String - Open Position

Right Tackle 2nd String - 73 Peterson, Darren 315 SO

Redshirts from last years class:

Red Shirt Freshman String - 70 Windfeldt, Ross 310 RFR

Red Shirt Freshman String - 63 Meehan, Sean 290 RFR

Red Shirt Freshman String - 71 Brandon Anderson 290 RFR

According to the roster, Lynch is only a junior. Also, Coach Mussman or one of the other coaches mentioned on the live chat today that Lynch probablly wouldn't be ready for Spring Practice but that he should be good to go this fall, which should be a big help to the O-line.

According to the roster, Lynch is only a junior. Also, Coach Mussman or one of the other coaches mentioned on the live chat today that Lynch probablly wouldn't be ready for Spring Practice but that he should be good to go this fall, which should be a big help to the O-line.

That is still last year's roster. Lynch was a junior last season and will be a senior in 2012-2013.

Baker, MT isn't a big school but they have a football program that is very well respected in Montana. They have put out some very good football players. Hopefully Varner is another one.

I talked to Kodee's brother yesterday and told him that I hadn't really heard anything about UND recruiting him. He told me that Breitbach came to Baker (Breitbach's hometown) and talked him into it. The kid is very fast and looking forward to lighting up the Big Sky!

Nice piece on Vesledahl... Sign, sealed, delivered

Vesledahl helped lead the deadly passing attack of the Mott-Regent Wildfire and will take those abilities to UND, which enters its first season in the Big Sky Conference next fall.

“The main reason (that I’m going to UND) is that they have petroleum engineering program and that’s what really drove me to them,” Vesledahl said. “That’s was pretty much the main reason.”....

....“I originally wanted to go to Montana to be a toxicologist, but I decided to change that,” Vesledahl said. “Now we get to play them and I’m looking forward to that.”....

.... Though UND has listed Vesledahl as a tight end and fullback, he said he’s fine just blocking for the quarterback and running back in the backfield.

“I’d like to play a little more fullback than tight end, because I like to hit people,” Vesledahl said. “I love it when linebackers blitz.”

The new petroleum engineering program pays off again.

Article in the paper today said UND is emphisizing on passing...if UND can get a duel threat (we have the running part down) we will unstoppable in the BSC and the PLAYOFFS!!! Is it me or is anyone else here excited for the season to start. I want it to be September!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Upvote 1

Article in the paper today said UND is emphisizing on passing...if UND can get a duel threat (we have the running part down) we will unstoppable in the BSC and the PLAYOFFS!!! Is it me or is anyone else here excited for the season to start. I want it to be September!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We'll have some work to do upfront as well regarding protection but yes, I am excited. Our passing production from last year has no where to go but up. Beings our best WR's were Sophmore, Sophmore, Freshmen and we had a young o-line dealing with injuries all season starting game one, along with the addition of what will hopefully be improvement at qb, I think our passing game will improve. There is a lot to be excited about with what should be a better offense.