SiouxSports.com Forum

Fire head coach Dave Hakstol

Goon

Get out the pitch forks and rakes  

143 members have voted

1. 1. If Hakstol's team doesn't win a national title should he be fired.

• Yes
    • No

Everything is OK the sun did come up today, now does the team learn and move on or take a dive? You are not going to win every game no matter how good you are as a team.

Sun came up today when my 3 1/2 year old daughter told me to get out of bed.

Sun came up today when my 3 1/2 year old daughter told me to get out of bed.

yep and when my 2 1/2 year old asked me this morning if the sioux scored last night(as he wasn't at the game)-and he got so excited when I told him yes and he started to go sieve,sieve, sieve.

yep and when my 2 1/2 year old asked me this morning if the sioux scored last night(as he wasn't at the game)-and he got so excited when I told him yes and he started to go sieve,sieve, sieve.

Children really put our lives in perspective... I mean really, we in a recession, we have two wars going, unemployment is 9.4%, gas is going up to 5.00 a gallon, the country is broke and we are complaining about one hockey game. I faith in the boys tonight, I think they will win. My daughter brings me back to reality... It was a good morning, went to ballet with her this morning.

Edited by Goon

The first few years, Hak and the teams had very poor showings at the Final Five. (Didn't we go winless for a couple years there???) Well they turned it around and we won last year from the play-in game.

It never ceases to amaze me how people lose their minds when the team loses a game. I hope they tell those players not to read anything on here or else they would all turn in their jerseys and go pro.

Holding the team to a high standard is great, but you have to realize that there have been a lot of close calls and bad bounces to cost us potential NCs in the past 7 seasons. We're not going to be undefeated champions...there are too many good teams and players out there these days. A loss like this is a great way for the team to remember they have to bring their best every night.

Hey!

I just found the quickest way to turn UND into MTU or better yet, the American International of the WCHA!

How you ask?

Let fans determine whether to retain or fire a coach. Naw, we'd probably turn into something like UAA or MSUM if we did that.

Give fans personnel control (who plays and who doesn't) on top of that.

There's the 3-5 win seasons 5+ straight years.

The concern with Hakstol from a number of boosters/Alumni started when the team was embarassed in Denver in the frozen 4 , and unfortunately every year since then the Sioux have bowed out in the first round of the playoffs.

It's not so much to be beaten, but to do so on national TV and look unprepared has been an apparent consisteny for Hakstol..

In addition,but of equal importance, many folks are fed up with the off the ice incicents with players use of alcohol and the police. Does Hakstol not put the living fear in these guys in regards to their behavior and representing the school and team?

From a fan perespective, it's embarrasing to travel and watch your team get outplayed (did so In Denver, and Yale last year), and from a booster perspective, how much more talent does a coach need to get to the championship (Toews, Parise, etc..)

The Sioux are not going to win every game, nor be at their best at all times, but does Hakstol represent the ideal coach in getting his team prepared and "bringing out the best" in his players - when it counts - is the question to ask.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 4

From a fan perespective, it's embarrasing to travel and watch your team get outplayed (did so In Denver, and Yale last year), and from a booster perspective, how much more talent does a coach need to get to the championship (Toews, Parise, etc..)

Are you talking about Zach Parise? What year did Hak have him as a player?

Are you talking about Zach Parise? What year did Hak have him as a player?

My error....I meant Oshie, but you can add Zajac, Stafford, Duncan, Chorney, Greene...and again ets...(and you could also go on to say how many McNaughton cups has Hakstol won...one is the answer, and Blaise won 5 and Gasparinni won 4)...

My error....I meant Oshie, but you can add Zajac, Stafford, Duncan, Chorney, Greene...and again ets...(and you could also go on to say how many McNaughton cups has Hakstol won...one is the answer, and Blaise won 5 and Gasparinni won 4)...

Easy mistake. Zach Parise and TJ Oshie are easily mistaken. Happens all the time. :silly:

But, I don't believe we ever had a "Blaise or Gasparinni" either. No Blaise or Gasparinni as coaches and no Zach Parise as a player for Hak.

If Hak was as good, accurate and competent as you are, wed be finishing 12th in the WCHA every year, right behind Tech. For someone who gets almost nothing right, you expect a lot out of other people. Maybe you should work on improving yourself before you worry about others. :silly:

• Upvote 2

So who else is out there? And no, Blais is not a valid answer. I would not trade Hakstol for Sandelin either.

That's the big thing. Hakstol's very good. Maybe he's not great at everything but there's nobody out there that you could reasonably expect to be any better.

Easy mistake. Zach Parise and TJ Oshie are easily mistaken. Happens all the time. :silly:

But, I don't believe we ever had a "Blaise or Gasparinni" either. No Blaise or Gasparinni as coaches and no Zach Parise as a player for Hak.

If Hak was as good, accurate and competent as you are, we

• Downvote 2

That's the big thing. Hakstol's very good. Maybe he's not great at everything but there's nobody out there that you could reasonably expect to be any better.

Maybe John Hill is ready to return to the head coaching ranks (note; this is a joke)