SiouxSports.com Forum

COMMITTED UND Recruits

AZSIOUX

8 hours ago, stoneySIOUX said:

No. We had enough forwards coming in before adding today. Huber is for Gornall. I don't get why this isn't black and white. Huber is a depth add since we already had enough forwards coming in regardless of what Shane does. What is everyone missing?! 

Even Schlossman is reporting this.

Again, Shane could go, but this isn't anything but adding a replacement (and a walk-on, for that matter) for a forward who we KNOW won't be here next year (Gornall).

When is the last time this team has had 16 forwards? Can they have 16 forwards? Of course, but when have they? It's simply connecting the dots, if Berry was 100% certain nobody was leaving early, I don't think we see Huber.

Now, could it be somebody else (i.e. a Wilkie situation), maybe, but my money is on one non-senior forward not being on the roster next year.

30 minutes ago, AJS said:

When is the last time this team has had 16 forwards? Can they have 16 forwards? Of course, but when have they? It's simply connecting the dots, if Berry was 100% certain nobody was leaving early, I don't think we see Huber.

Now, could it be somebody else (i.e. a Wilkie situation), maybe, but my money is on one non-senior forward not being on the roster next year.

Are we certain Hain is coming in for sure next year? His stock has really fallen in the last year and it wouldn't hurt to have him play a year in the USHL after his year with the NTDP.

1 minute ago, I Ranger said:

Are we certain Hain is coming in for sure next year? His stock has really fallen in the last year and it wouldn't hurt to have him play a year in the USHL after his year with the NTDP.

This was my thought.  Hain is having a similar year to what Gersich did at the NTDP ... a bit off from Shane.  Then, Shane went and lit up the USHL.  It may benefit Hain to do the same.

52 minutes ago, AJS said:

Yeah, or we are adding another non-scholarship depth player. 

You could be right, but THIS move is not a reflection of anyone leaving. It's depth.

Connect the dots all you want, this isn't anything more than a depth move with scholarship money making no difference. 

24 minutes ago, siouxczech29 said:

This was my thought.  Hain is having a similar year to what Gersich did at the NTDP ... a bit off from Shane.  Then, Shane went and lit up the USHL.  It may benefit Hain to do the same.

Believe Gersich played for the NDTP as a Sophomore / Junior, so he wouldn't have been eligible to go straight to college. Regardless, I agree with your point that it wouldn't hurt Hain to play another year of juniors.

2 hours ago, AJS said:

I think it's fair to assume that Wolanin is gone after this year, that's not a hard piece to put together.

We can make all the assumptions we want, but that doesn’t make them fact until they happen.

I guess that’s my point. I’m not going to assume anything until I see it with my own eyes. It’s premature to worry about this stuff anyway. 

14 hours ago, stoneySIOUX said:

I don't understand how people don't see why this has nothing to do with Gersich. This is a move to replace Gornall. 

Gersich may go, but this addition has nothing to do with it. 

Really? I just remember someone posting that we have next years Forward recruits full...and that if we see another recruit sign it most likely means a forward (gersich) is leaving.

weatherby, senden, hain, keane - simo, Olson, pogo, gornall.  New kid = gersich. I heard right from a family member (although distant) that he’s all but gone, but that was early in the year.  I guess hain could use another year in juniors 

31 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

Well yes, this is an obvious stmt.  I like the positivity :)

I just don't understand what I'm missing here... 

Ok, so we already established that we had enough forwards to cover losses to graduation, an even one more with depth in consideration, right? .... So, we lost another in Gornall. We got an additional player. Now, we have the number we had before.... 

Plus, a scholarship-type player like Gersich is replaced by a scholarship-level player, which is already done previously in the pipeline, not this late in the game. 

47 minutes ago, siouxforcefans said:

Randklev with another hatty last night in the first round of playoffs.  Understand he's still in HS and a 19, but the doom and gloom in this thread have to be glad to see someone in the pipeline putting up goals :) 

With the season being disappointing, some "doom and gloom" is to be expected. That being said, I think people should take a step back and not judge kids that haven't even set foot on campus. We won't know what they are or aren't until they are here and playing.

49 minutes ago, siouxforcefans said:

Randklev with another hatty last night in the first round of playoffs.  Understand he's still in HS and a 19, but the doom and gloom in this thread have to be glad to see someone in the pipeline putting up goals :) 

...and Ryder Donovan put up a goal and an assist.  He ended up tied for the state lead in assists as a junior.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

With the season being disappointing, some "doom and gloom" is to be expected. That being said, I think people should take a step back and not judge kids that haven't even set foot on campus. We won't know what they are or aren't until they are here and playing.

For this season, sure.  But this thread is about the kids we've got coming up.  It would be nice for this to be the one place to find at least a little optimism! ;)

• Upvote 1

Just now, siouxforcefans said:

For this season, sure.  But this thread is about the kids we've got coming up.  It would be nice for this to be the one place to find at least a little optimism! ;)

Well, humans tend to ignore the past and the future and focus on the here and now. But I agree with you.

1 hour ago, fightingsioux4life said:

40+ teams would love to have our disappointing season.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, chicofelipe said:

40+ teams would love to have our disappointing season.

Yeah, well when you have 8 national championship, and have had so many consecutive seasons of home playoffs in the first round, and made the tourney for so many years straight; you tend to have higher expectations than most.

• Upvote 3

18 hours ago, stoneySIOUX said:

I just don't understand what I'm missing here... 

Ok, so we already established that we had enough forwards to cover losses to graduation, an even one more with depth in consideration, right? .... So, we lost another in Gornall. We got an additional player. Now, we have the number we had before.... 

Plus, a scholarship-type player like Gersich is replaced by a scholarship-level player, which is already done previously in the pipeline, not this late in the game. 

See my previous post, with those leaving and those coming in. If gersich stays (which I would assume is highly unlikely) only hain has the option of staying back and playing another year of juniors. 

32 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

Yeah, well when you have 8 national championship, and have had so many consecutive seasons of home playoffs in the first round, and made the tourney for so many years straight; you tend to have higher expectations than most.

I tend to be pretty thankful of what we've been able to watch.  In a college hockey environment of increased parity where so many programs are fielding competitive teams making it exponentially more difficult to guarantee yourself a bid for the NCAAs, much less 16 straight. So much 'what have you done for me lately?' attitudes before the season is even over.

Oh and btw, this season is far from lost. Why bury it before it's dead? 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, siouxforcefans said:

For this season, sure.  But this thread is about the kids we've got coming up.  It would be nice for this to be the one place to find at least a little optimism! 

Are the fans here over-reactive?  Absolutely.  This is a fan board.  And not just a fan board, but the fan board for the best hockey program in the country.  Like Alabama football or Duke basketball.  We are not used to losing.  And while many of us vent here, there is an underlying worry about recruiting.  This year's team is pretty punchless as to scoring.  If Wolanin and Gersech go along with Poganski graduating we don't return anyone who has scored 10 goals so far into this season.  Here would be our returning forwards and goals scored so far with 2 series left in the regular season:  Adams - 5; Yon - 1; Bowen - 1; Gardner - 6; Janatuinen - 4; Smith - 5; Hoff - 2; Kawaguchi - 3; Mismash - 7; and the leader Jones - 9.  We need a serious infusion of firepower and right soon.  Many of these guys are Sophs or Juniors and have shown little or no improvement.  That's why this years recruits are getting scrutinized.  We are missing our usual high-end players.  Another year without some absolute studs will be ugly.  

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

• UNDBIZ changed the title to COMMITTED UND Recruits