SiouxSports.com Forum

George Gwozdecky

Godsmack

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would ask that if you decide to email Gwozdecky, that you keep it clean and professional. We're more likely able to earn his respect if we keep our comments above board. I don't want him confirming Ms. Rizzo's mis-characterization of Sioux fans. Are there some bad apples among Sioux fans? Sure. But there are these types among DU fans as well. That doesn't mean we use a broad brush to characterize ALL DU fans as bad, nasty people.

I agree that one must keep the emails respectful but am I the only one who doesn't care if I earn any respect from that cheat?

Normally I'd go ahead with making fun of the DU fanbase but then I remember that they are on the endangered species list. :D

But hearing this doesn't surprise me at all. George Gwozdecky has always had a thing for UND. I mean Dasher Dancingx2? It also doesn't help that we tend to humiliate them more often that not now-a-days. At the end of the day it's always George and the Funky Bunch that are making @$$clowns out of there program with what there saying and doing. Don't even have to discuss the crap Denver players were pulling on the Friday game of the series at the REA since we were ripping them a new one.

Dear Curious George, you GQ attired, dashing dasher dancing monkey you,

Thanks for the free PR!

Now everyone who watches Rockies baseball but loathes DU (for whichever of innumerable reasons) has a team to cheer for. I'm not saying that that team hasn't been CC in the past, but DU and CC are more the friendly rivals sorts. I'd never expect a melee to break out between DU and CC.

But by stating your pure hatred of UND you've given a home to all those Fox Sports Rocky Mountain viewers who fester pure hatred for DU or DU hockey. We'll take any fanbase you can sent our way. It's our way of embracing diversity.

Better? As bad as you claim us to be we can always point to two scenes:

- Robbie Bina's broken neck courtesy Geoff Paukovich's dirty hit

- Your dasher dance and ice stroll to upstage the officials, followed by (intentional?) NCAA rules violations post-ejection

Pure class. Excellent reference points for us to use to define you and your program. Thanks again.

From all the "Philly on the Red" fans: Thanks for adding to our numbers!

Dear Curious George, you GQ attired, dashing dasher dancing monkey you,

Thanks for the free PR!

Now everyone who watches Rockies baseball but loathes DU (for whichever of innumerable reasons) has a team to cheer for. I'm not saying that that team hasn't been CC in the past, but DU and CC are more the friendly rivals sorts. I'd never expect a melee to break out between DU and CC.

But by stating your pure hatred of UND you've given a home to all those Fox Sports Rocky Mountain viewers who fester pure hatred for DU or DU hockey. We'll take any fanbase you can sent our way. It's our way of embracing diversity.

Better? As bad as you claim us to be we can always point to two scenes:

- Robbie Bina's broken neck courtesy Geoff Paukovich's dirty hit

- Your dasher dance and ice stroll to upstage the officials, followed by (intentional?) NCAA rules violations post-ejection

Pure class. Excellent reference points for us to use to define you and your program. Thanks again.

From all the "Philly on the Red" fans: Thanks for adding to our numbers!

Well said.Similar to my email.Now let's wait and see if he responds.

Email sent.

Coach Gwozdecky,

Hello, I am writing to you after hearing about your recent comments about the University of North Dakota at a Colorado Rockies game. I recently graduated from the University of North Dakota and am a Fighting Sioux fan. I am also a college hockey fan in general and I was shocked that you or any coach would take such a direct shot at a certain team's fans. Yes, I will admit that UND does have some fans that make everyone else look bad, but to lump all of us together is not right. Those of us who are college hockey fans and who do not appreciate those fans try our best to create a atmosphere with good sportsmanship. Every fanbase has their bad eggs per say and I am sure that you can think of a few on other teams. UND is not alone with the bad fans and I have actually had a few Denver fans who have yelled things at me or yelled rude things about my family or our player's families. My roommate was one of the few Sioux fans who was cheering for Denver in the Final Five and is regreting that action after hearing of your comments. I hope that you have a better reception at the Ralph this year and I look forward to possibly seeing you when Denver plays the Sioux. Good Luck with your season.

Sincerely,

I tried to keep it fairly nice without actually saying anything to help cement his ideas about us. I will let you all know if he replies and what he says.

Email sent.

I tried to keep it fairly nice without actually saying anything to help cement his ideas about us. I will let you all know if he replies and what he says.

P.S. Oh, yeah, George......the dasher has been liberally greased this year at the Ralph, and I think you're the only one who really has to worry about it.

Remember him ranting about Radke hitting a player when he was already down. Then we see footage of a Denver player doing the same to a gopher player the year before. I agree with the people that say it is hard to take him seriously with his background of classlessness. He is the kind of person that talks behind the backs of people then sucks up to them when he is around them. Remember him mocking "gopher pride" when he is around Sioux coaches and announcers?

Maybe George should have pointed out that Sioux fans struggle with self-awareness too.

Apparently you should look into self-awareness as well. When you decry the Sioux, then apologize for Trevor Bruess, maybe you have some soul-searching to do.