SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux Athletics staying on KFGO

The Sicatoka

The difference is NDSU is guaranteeing RFM more money. NDSU is the one taking all the risk and could end up losing money in the long run if they don't sell the advertising at the rates they think they can.

Precisely. NDSU takes the risk. Joel Heitkamp takes the check.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wrong - where is it stated RFM lost money with UND sports? Show me.

The difference is NDSU is guaranteeing RFM more money. NDSU is the one taking all the risk and could end up losing money in the long run if they don't sell the advertising at the rates they think they can.

Will Best Buy be an advertiser for NDSU in return for all the stolen goodies from the football team?

You show me - Within the contract UND was suppose to get a royalty on any profits. See any?

Wrong - where is it stated RFM lost money with UND sports? Show me

Call Nancy Odney, she'll tell you the truth. They lost money, you could buy a sioux hockey spot for $10. thats weak.

So you telling us that RFM is going to get more money for advertising during a Bison Basketball game than a UND hockey game?

Please explain the facts behind that for us.

So you telling us that RFM is going to get more money for advertising during a Bison Basketball game than a UND hockey game?

Please explain the facts behind that for us.

I know NDSU vs Minot State is sure to draw in the listeners instead of UND vs Minnesota. :lol:

really surprised that Mussman will be on a radio fargo moorhead channel this after noon 740 the fan 1245

Even though UND doesn't like the way this went down, I don't think it makes business sense to do a self-exile from all RFM stations.

the usual

stacked on D line Conerbacks

linebackers are competing intensley

gunna be a true 3-4

no huddle offense (scott miller couldn't believe that)

thin on WR

O line is going to be young but put on average of 13 pounds per player or somtin like that i couldnt understand it or got confused

Kelling is going to be on the field and monnesa is calling plays

KFGO made a business decision. We all learned a great deal about how KFGO (and somewhat NDSU) does business. That's fine. Good for them.

But I've heard from a surprising number of folks that KFGO and RadioFM are coming out of their routines. These folks have been asking me where to find UND on the radio so they can move over there. And more surprising to me, it isn't so much "UND" in many cases but the way KFGO treated a long-term relationship and existing contract (i.e. two hours notice and gone). That sounds interesting but words and practice are different things.

Some folks will move down the dial; some folks will move up the dial.

The Arbitron book will sort out winners and losers over the next few years.

KFGO made a business decision. We all learned a great deal about how KFGO (and somewhat NDSU) does business. That's fine. Good for them.

But I've heard from a surprising number of folks that KFGO and RadioFM are coming out of their routines. These folks have been asking me where to find UND on the radio so they can move over there. And more surprising to me, it isn't so much "UND" in many cases but the way KFGO treated a long-term relationship and existing contract (i.e. two hours notice and gone). That sounds interesting but words and practice are different things.

Some folks will move down the dial; some folks will move up the dial.

The Arbitron book will sort out winners and losers over the next few years.

The talent and programming on WDAY is terrible. It's been going down hill for years.

The talent and programming on WDAY is terrible. It's been going down hill for years.

The question is this: What caused that and what'll turn it around?

It'd be really embarrassing to some if UND Athletics ended up at WDAY-AM and it coincided with a resurgence of WDAY-AM.

Like I said, "The Arbitron book will sort out winners and losers over the next few years."

• 2 weeks later...

Just a heads up. It looks like UND is going to announce a contract with WDAY around noon today. The Forum is playing coy on the subject, but the Herald version of the article seems to confirm it.

Sioux booster luncheon in Fargo today includes UND athletics announcement

I suppose this means a new thread title is in order, but I'll leave that to you guys.

Personally, since I've always relied on the Fargo station to hear broadcasts, I'm glad it is WDAY rather than WZFG. WDAY's night-time signal is much better. I wonder if there will be a change with the football play-by-play........

There shouldn't be a change in the play-by-play for football. The radio crew is employed by UND itself now so there is no conflict of interest with Dan working for RFM.

Just a heads up. It looks like UND is going to announce a contract with WDAY around noon today. The Forum is playing coy on the subject, but the Herald version of the article seems to confirm it.

Sioux booster luncheon in Fargo today includes UND athletics announcement

I suppose this means a new thread title is in order, but I'll leave that to you guys.

Wish I could be there. I have a feeling there will be some lively discussion.

The trade means, that they DAY & Forum Comm will provide advertising & promotional opportunities for UND Athletics. Whether it be an print ad for Season tickets in The Forum Sports section, or a commercial spot on radio or tv alluding to tickets still available for an upcoming contest. It sounds like the visibility on Fargo Media, Newspaper, Radio, TV is going to increase & that's good to hear.