SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux Athletics staying on KFGO

The Sicatoka

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

First NDSU Athletics throws a forty year working agreement with WDAY-AM/ForumComm under the bus by openly negotiating with a competitor (KFGO) for a new radio/media deal (after it was pretty clear the KFGO bid wasn't as good).

Now NDSU continues the pattern of negotiating with a competitor (Sanford MeritCare) while still under contract (with Innovis).

"Mr. Taylor had informed Innovis Health leadership that NDSU would be ending their almost 50-year relationship with Innovis Health no later than the end of the current agreement

First NDSU Athletics throws a forty year working agreement with WDAY-AM/ForumComm under the bus by openly negotiating with a competitor (KFGO) for a new radio/media deal (after it was pretty clear the KFGO bid wasn't as good).

Now NDSU continues the pattern of negotiating with a competitor (Sanford MeritCare) while still under contract (with Innovis).

http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/27...group/homepage/

Mr. Taylor sure does seem to have some interesting business practices regarding bids and contracts.

If you have a contract with NDSU Athletics, well, ... good for you, ... for now.

Sanford Arena

Mr. Taylor sure does seem to have some interesting business practices regarding bids and contracts.

If you have a contract with NDSU Athletics, well, ... good for you, ... for now.

Taylor is following the foot steps of Whiskey Joe...bigger is better. The contract issues are what is really suprising. Jean just seems to think a contract is only bidding as long as it fits his agenda???

His lack of integrity is starting to wear on lots of folks in Fargo, even among some of my faithful SU booster friends.

Nobody was stopping Innovis from cutting a big check to renovate the BSA. If Sanford wants to step up to the plate they should get the deal. NDSU switched from the Forum to KFGO for business reasons, bash Taylor all you want but his job is to do what is best for NDSU and not the Forum or Innovis Health.

Taylor is following the foot steps of Whiskey Joe...bigger is better. The contract issues are what is really suprising. Jean just seems to think a contract is only bidding as long as it fits his agenda???

His lack of integrity is starting to wear on lots of folks in Fargo, even among some of my faithful SU booster friends.

I doubt anyone has too much bad to say about Gene - if they do they speak from ignorance. Read the article - NDSU was going to honor the contract to 2014, it was broken by Innovis. Please tell us all about integrity and how UND was being run by Ralph - how many presidents and AD's did he get fired.

I doubt anyone has too much bad to say about Gene - if they do they speak from ignorance. Read the article - NDSU was going to honor the contract to 2014, it was broken by Innovis. Please tell us all about integrity and how UND was being run by Ralph - how many presidents and AD's did he get fired.

Mr. Taylor had informed Innovis Health leadership that NDSU would be ending their almost 50-year relationship with Innovis Health no later than the end of the current agreement’s term in August 2014.

Nobody was stopping Innovis from cutting a big check to renovate the BSA. If Sanford wants to step up to the plate they should get the deal. NDSU switched from the Forum to KGFO for business reasons, bash Taylor all you want but his job is to do what is best for NDSU and not the Forum or Innovis Health.

You know for an Ag School, all the farmers I know value not only what you have done for me lately, but what have you done for me when I needed help in the past. NDagU is getting away from its roots.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Don't let facts get in the way of Danno's point he was trying to make about how Gene really cares about the long term relationships ndsu has. Just take Dan's word for it.

I think I see a lot of jealousy here with Sanford writing a big check. Did you also notice that it was Innovis that discontinued the contract? I have no doubt that your AD would turn down a check from Sanford and continue with Altru. :D

I think I see a lot of jealousy here with Sanford writing a big check. Did you also notice that it was Innovis that discontinued the contract? I have no doubt that your AD would turn down a check from Sanford and continue with Altru. :D

Jealous of what??? Congrats, ndsu got someone to donate some money to help with a stadium renovation that has been needed for the last ten years. Not exactly earth shattering stuff. It happens everywhere including Grand Forks. I'm actually suprised you couldn't get a law firm down there to write the check with all the business Coach Bohl has brought into Fargo in the last year. Maybe thats where the money for the football office remodel came from. :D:lol:

Also, yes Innovis did discontinue the contract but they only did so because they finally realized that a contract means about as much to Gene Taylor as the paper it is written on. I'm sure he had only nice things to say about Innovis while he was agreeing to meet all of Sanfords demands to get that check that hasn't even been written yet. Would you want to continue to provide services for someone who does business that way? Not saying either is right or wrong but you trying to paint Innovis as the bad person in this is laughable.

You know for an Ag School, all the farmers I know value not only what you have done for me lately, but what have you done for me when I needed help in the past. NDagU is getting away from its roots.

. . . says the school that takes RE money with its condidtions for years and years. The shots at Taylor are pretty empty coming from the north. Empty.

. . . says the school that takes RE money with its condidtions for years and years. The shots at Taylor are pretty empty coming from the north. Empty.

And your shots at UND and the Ralph now are equally as empty. bison fans made a joke out of the Ralph for years only to see their beloved AD who can do no wrong turn around and !@#$ on a 50 year relationship for a donation so he could finally get something done with the BSA. So which is it? Is what Taylor is doing as comical as he is? Or was the Ralph a great business move by UND? By the way just to clarify, Ralph was an alumni by the way and had a longstanding relationship with UND, no relationships had to be ended to get Ralph to donate the money.

I think I know what your answer will be so do you like your crow served cold or should we warm it up for you?

And how long has Sanford been is the F-M area? A couple of months!!! And they are still headquartered in Sioux Falls. A couple of months seems a little shorter than the almost 50 years NDSU and Dakota Clinic/Innovis were partners. G$n$ T$yl$r might be doing what's best for NDSU, but in this community integrity and trustworthiness still carry some merit...unless you work at ND$U.

Joe was about the almighty $$$ and Jean is carrying on the torch.

By the way, UND wouldn't have turned down the check...it would have just come from an alum!