SiouxSports.com Forum

Senior Skate 2009

WiSioux

you better believe it deserves its own thread. That was simply an honor to be able to witness that live, and to applaude these guys for what they've done through the past few years and the memories that they have packed into my head for the rest of my life. They will all be deeply missed and I hope for the best for each and every one of em. The best senior skate I've ever been apart of! See ya in two weeks!

It is kinda emotional to know that Ryan "Hobey Baker" Duncan played his last regular season game with the Sioux. I am serious, he has meant a lot to this program and will be very missed. So have the other guys, but there is something special about Duncan.

It is kinda emotional to know that Ryan "Hobey Baker" Duncan played his last regular season game with the Sioux. I am serious, he has meant a lot to this program and will be very missed. So have the other guys, but there is something special about Duncan.

I agree 100%. I can't wait to see how this book will end in the next 6 weeks or so.

duncs is the man!!! plain and simple. he is the epitome of sioux hockey. guys like him don't come around very often. took my son to his first sioux game tonight, not a bad first experience, pretty sure he is a sioux fan for life now! my daughter has been to a few games with us this year and LOVES it (now anytime she sees my wife or i wearing sioux gear, she says, are we going to the hockey game daddy :( ). thanks to the seniors for four great years, the senior skate and video was AWESOME! lets finish what they started four years ago with a national title in DC!!

Thank you for four great seasons of terrific Sioux Hockey. I know you guys have given your all over the last several years, and we fans appreciate it more than all our cheers can say.

You've worked so hard to carry on the Fighting Sioux tradition and there's only one way you can be truly rewarded for your efforts that will suffice:

Win your last game in a Fighting Sioux sweater.

Thanks again, for all the memories.

and....

GO SIOUX!!!!

Was it only 3 1/2 years ago that thirteen freshman joined the Fighting Sioux program? Man, what a ride!!!! These boys surpassed my expectations that first year and they continued to put out for the fans, over and over again. Lots of ups and downs, lots of laughs, and some disappointments but I'm going to miss this group, a lot.

Thanks for the memories and here's to more to come, 1948.gif.

Thanks for that version of the skate, Bob.

Joe, Zach, Ryan, Andrew, Brad, Ryan, Matt and Aaron,

Thanks for 4 wonderful years. It's been a blast seeing you give it your all every weekend, and being a fan through the good times and the not so good times. I hope your time here at UND will be remembered as 4 of the best years of your life. I wish you all the very best in what you chose to do. Go out there and grab life by the horns, it's yours for the taking.

We will miss you.

That was a great sight watching the seniors skate. It made the 4 hour drive home last night all the better. For some strange reason as they were skating I kept thinking of the song by the Carpenters, "We've Only Just Begun." Must have been the excessive amount of candy I was eating. But anyhow, was picturing more that this group will give us in the weeks ahead! Go Sioux! On to Wisconsin!

I also liked how Marty deliberately put in shots of Toews, Chorney, Oshie, and Lee in his slide show. Teammates forever I guess.

This is a group of guys who deserve to hang a banner:

Marty played 2 games as a freshman and 20 as a sophomore. He is now a 10 goal man and a rock on a third line that just dominates other third lines. This is a college hockey success story, the kind they make movies about.

Miller is a guy who didn't find a home until this year on D. Kept working and coming to practice, in one week out the next, first line one week fourth the next. This year he is one of the top scoring dmen in the WCHA.

Big Joe came to school as a first round pick and was quickly overshadowed by Brian Lee and Taylor Chorney's offensive skill. Not many Sioux players have been scapegoated as much as Joe. How did he respond? He became the league's top plus minus man last year and a team leader. Big Joe saves Chay's bacon and stands up for his teammates. I'll take Joe on my team any day of the week.

Duncs, man what do you say? The little engine that could who just DID. Hobey Baker. Let's watch the guy that so many experts said owed his success to guys named Oshie and Toews hang the first banner in the Ralph since 2004 as THE offensive leader on this hockey club. Perseverence, humility, drive and success...Ryan Duncan defines Sioux hockey.

Andrew Kozek...never knew what line he was going to play on. The guy with the heaviest wrister in NCAA hockey who when asked plays a checkers role. Who can forget Andrew's hat trick against DU last year or his hard hat goal in OT vs Wisconsin. Most guys with Andrew's offensive ability would never do some of the things that Hak has asked Andrew to do. He does it.

Zach Jones, the rock steady blackout raging stay at home defenseman. I'll remember him best with a Badger in each hand during that scrum last year, and who can forget his first and only career goal?

Matt Watkins makes me think mustache. The hard working, faster than hell forward always contributes and always does his job. A great penalty killer and an asset on both ends of the ice. Every team needs a guy like Watty and every team would love to have Watty.

Aaron Walski showed up and backed up. He got a few starts early in the year. Hey, the guy got a shutout in his first NCAA start! Showing up, being a teammate, contributing his best. Thanks Aaron.

Thanks for the memories class of 2009! The last four years have been four of my favorite in 30! How about hanging two banners next fall! Keep it up boys.

When all is said and done, I think the freshman class of 2005-2006 will go down in Sioux hockey history as the best single recruiting class ever. Perhaps the best in college hockey history. Of couse, a lot depends on how they finish; let's hang a banner.

Four already have appeared in the show, Finley is a lock for some NHL time, and I wouldn't be surprised to see 3-4 more make it in the show (Duncan, Kozek, ...).

When all is said and done, I think the freshman class of 2005-2006 will go down in Sioux hockey history as the best single recruiting class ever. Perhaps the best in college hockey history. Of couse, a lot depends on how they finish; let's hang a banner.

Four already have appeared in the show, Finley is a lock for some NHL time, and I wouldn't be surprised to see 3-4 more make it in the show (Duncan, Kozek, ...).

It was a great senior skate! One of the best games I have ever witnessed at the Ralph. If we had lost it would have been a buzz kill. I just had a feeling once we killed that penalty in OT we were going to find a way and sure enough!! What a great weekend of Sioux hockey!

• 2 weeks later...