SiouxSports.com Forum

former players

schmidtdoggydog

Clark had already committed to the transfer back at mid season "11-12"

Dell didn't really make a call untill after the Montreal prospects camp this past summer...

Which was surprising a bit because after the Habs cooled on him and the options kinda shrunk you would have thought maybe coming back for senior year may not really been that bad of an option....

Can't see leaving school for CHL $$$...it was obviously a complex situation.

Agreed....I guarentee the coaches told him he could have some strong competition. Because Dell was an average goalie at best... he had a great team in front of him though. I don't dislike Dell at all, however I simply think UND had better options going into this season.

• Upvote 1

Agreed....I guarentee the coaches told him he could have some strong competition. Because Dell was an average goalie at best... he had a great team in front of him though. I don't dislike Dell at all, however I simply think UND had better options going into this season.

You must have confused him with Eidesness who was completely average on a good day.

Dell was just not flashy in any way which is why I'm sure he looked average to some people. Always in good position with good angles and lots of saves with his chest and leg pads. He didn't flop around like Eidesness and slide uncontrollably from side to side and make the occasional miraculous save. Dell was very good in 2011 and pretty good in 2012. He took a step back in 2012 which is why he didn't play in as many games.

You must have confused him with Eidesness who was completely average on a good day.

Dell was just not flashy in any way which is why I'm sure he looked average to some people. Always in good position with good angles and lots of saves with his chest and leg pads. He didn't flop around like Eidesness and slide uncontrollably from side to side and make the occasional miraculous save. Dell was very good in 2011 and pretty good in 2012. He took a step back in 2012 which is why he didn't play in as many games.

Excellent analysis

I agree

One the best twitter accounts out there for sioux fans with a nice note on Johhny

@SiouxTradition: With his 150th NHL goal Jonathan Toews recently passed James Patrick for 7th all-time among Sioux alums. Dennis Hextall (153) is 6th.

What is their history?

Either last year or year before Thornton gave him a couple of slashes while both going off the ice on shift. then it just escalated both took swipes at each other then teams jumped in. I'm guessing that's a reason Toews dropped them. Are the Blackhawks ever going to lose a regulation game?? Very impressive

I have a question here & maybe someone has the answer to it. What has ever become of Robbie Bina? Is he still playing hockey? If so where? If anybody knows could they please be kind enough to post it please, thank you.

SIOUX FAN SINCE 1973.

Regular Season Playoffs Season Team Lge GP G A Pts PIM +/- GP G A Pts PIM 2001-02 Bismarck Bobcats AWHL 54 7 14 21 27 2002-03 Lincoln Stars USHL 34 4 9 13 29 7 10 0 6 6 6 2003-04 U. of North Dakota WCHA 31 1 7 8 6 2004-05 U. of North Dakota WCHA 32 0 9 9 8 2006-07 U. of North Dakota WCHA 43 10 22 32 46 2007-08 U. of North Dakota WCHA 43 2 23 25 42 2008-09 Stockton Thunder ECHL 28 1 7 8 26 -2 14 2 4 6 8 2008-09 Springfield Falcons AHL 37 1 7 8 30 -18 -- -- -- -- -- 2009-10 Las Vegas Wranglers ECHL 27 5 17 22 26 4 -- -- -- -- -- 2009-10 San Antonio Rampage AHL 2 0 1 1 0 0 -- -- -- -- -- 2010-11 Wolfsburg Grizzly Adams DEL 52 2 18 20 48 1 9 0 2 2 4 2011-12 Wolfsburg Grizzly Adams DEL 52 4 19 23 22 25 2012-13 Wolfsburg Grizzly Adams DEL 44 4 12 16 26 -3

still playing www.hockeydb.com is your friend!

A few days after Toews drops the gloves...Oshie drops them! Parise you're up next ;)

Pierre says its Miami of Ohio vs North Dakota....Illinois vs minnesota because of where they are from then goes on to say how can't you live that kid the way he plays and how he brings it every game!

Or is that a cue for Duncan to drop em out in Austria?!? Ha

I have a question here & maybe someone has the answer to it. What has ever become of Robbie Bina? Is he still playing hockey? If so where? If anybody knows could they please be kind enough to post it please, thank you.

SIOUX FAN SINCE 1973.

Robbie has been in Germany the last 2 seasons making nice paychecks.

ECHL Wednesday: Mario Lamoureux scored GWG, his 20th goal of the season, in Ontario's 4-1 win over Stockton. Was named No. 2 star. Mario scored 17 goals at UND for his ENTIRE CAREER! What the........?

Crazy. I wonder if this will get him a AHL look or maybe it's a ECHL/overseas career which wouldn't be all that bad. Great season so far for Mario! Nice to see

Crazy. I wonder if this will get him a AHL look or maybe it's a ECHL/overseas career which wouldn't be all that bad. Great season so far for Mario! Nice to see

Better to go to Europe than the AHL. Money is a lot better. All those goals though? Makes you wonder was he being used wrong for 4 years at UND?

Better to go to Europe than the AHL. Money is a lot better. All those goals though? Makes you wonder was he being used wrong for 4 years at UND?

Money isn't even comparable, many many former UND having good careers over seas. So many leagues to choose from

Mario couldn't hit the net half of the time let alone score a goal in his 4 years at UND :) we all saw that with our own eyes. I think he was used just fine at UND. Who knows, every player is different as we know.

He played a regular shift for 3 of his 4 years here and didn't really produce. Really, the only changes could've been putting him with better linemates and putting him on the powerplay. Saying that, who would you replace in any of those spots over the years? He played from 08-12, getting regular time from 09-12. In 09-10, the top six was Gregoire, Hextall, VV, Trupp, Malone, Frattin. That list doesn't include Kristo, Knight, or Rowney. No way he breaks in there. No need to mention the 10-11 team, he couldn't crack the Top-9 let alone the top-6. Last year was his only possibility, he got the most playing time he ever has, just didn't produce. He showed nothing in his 4 years that showed he should've been used differently. His production in the ECHL really is shocking to me.

He played a regular shift for 3 of his 4 years here and didn't really produce. Really, the only changes could've been putting him with better linemates and putting him on the powerplay. Saying that, who would you replace in any of those spots over the years? He played from 08-12, getting regular time from 09-12. In 09-10, the top six was Gregoire, Hextall, VV, Trupp, Malone, Frattin. That list doesn't include Kristo, Knight, or Rowney. No way he breaks in there. No need to mention the 10-11 team, he couldn't crack the Top-9 let alone the top-6. Last year was his only possibility, he got the most playing time he ever has, just didn't produce. He showed nothing in his 4 years that showed he should've been used differently. His production in the ECHL really is shocking to me.

You and everyone else.