SiouxSports.com Forum

former players

schmidtdoggydog

I thought Stafford's goal the other night would get him going, but he's having a poor season offensively so far with only 1 goal in 20 games (translate that to 4 goals in an 82 game season). Yikes!

A product of the entire BuffaSuckholeiness or his play a major factor in leading to the BuffaSuckholiness....?

Either way Buffalo sucks this year... I kinda thought he might be moved if they stayed in the cellar but the trade value has got to be very very low right now.....wonder what the issue is?

Better to go to Europe than the AHL. Money is a lot better. All those goals though? Makes you wonder was he being used wrong for 4 years at UND?

Not when he's this young....once you go overseas, the chance you get an NHL look is almost 0%. Please no "Mario is not NHL material" comments because I know this, but you never know. The NHL is a different type of game, sometime grinders get a 3rd/4th line look. I would say stick it out and attempt to get an AHL call-up. Go to Europe when your older. The "money is a lot better" is only for older players, it is not the same for younger players.

Find Toews assist in OT; might be even more sick than Oshie's

http://video.blackha...vid=DL|CHI|home

Seeing those guys still doing that makes me all nostalgic for the DOT line.

It also reminds me how it was that Duncan scored 14 goals on 28 shots (50%!!!) during a stretch in spring of that season. A great scorer paired with two guys that create space.

Not when he's this young....once you go overseas, the chance you get an NHL look is almost 0%. Please no "Mario is not NHL material" comments because I know this, but you never know. The NHL is a different type of game, sometime grinders get a 3rd/4th line look. I would say stick it out and attempt to get an AHL call-up. Go to Europe when your older. The "money is a lot better" is only for older players, it is not the same for younger players.

Agree.

You never know what a player's pro future might bring. Ryan Johnson, among the most offensively limited (non-fighting) forwards to ever play 700+ games at the NHL level, carved out a very nice career for himself on the basis of working hard, killing penalties, winning faceoffs, and blocking shots.

Mario being one of the top rookies in the ECHL certainly warrants him continuing his pro career in North America to see where it takes him.

Mario is way better off going to Europe than staying in the states. Hard to get and AHL call-up when you are not signed with the main club. As for money Robbie Bina makes more in Germany than he would make in the AHL. Robbie made more in 11 games in Norway than he would have for half a season in the ECHL. He made more money per playoff game in Norway than he would have in the ECHL going all the way through the finals. Guys that have no hope ever off making it to the NHL are much better off in Europe. So not getting a look from the NHL because you went to Europe? So fricking what! When you have only a .00000008% chance of getting a look what does it matter? How many 1000s of players that are better than Mario have never gotten a look? Maybe you should tell Brady Murray he was a fool for going to Europe.

Mario is way better off going to Europe than staying in the states. Hard to get and AHL call-up when you are not signed with the main club. As for money Robbie Bina makes more in Germany than he would make in the AHL. Robbie made more in 11 games in Norway than he would have for half a season in the ECHL. He made more money per playoff game in Norway than he would have in the ECHL going all the way through the finals. Guys that have no hope ever off making it to the NHL are much better off in Europe. So not getting a look from the NHL because you went to Europe? So fricking what! When you have only a .00000008% chance of getting a look what does it matter? How many 1000s of players that are better than Mario have never gotten a look? Maybe you should tell Brady Murray he was a fool for going to Europe.

Robbie is 30 or 31 years old....big difference. I'm not saying Mario should hang out in NA for the next 5-7 year...I'm saying give it 1-3 years before going overseas. I have buddies who did the same thing....you wait 3-4 years before going over there (granted my buddies had a little more hockey talent than Mario though).